It will take multiple first rounders to get Jim Harbaugh - As per BILL BARNWELL

CobraVerde

writer for Grantlant being interviewed on ESPN radio when asked how much would it take. He speculates that SF with not fire Harbaugh but instead do a trade. He expressed a few interesting things like Harbaugh is looking for a place to have complete control. (Remember my Nick Saban thread?) Though i still cant see him come to the east coast, i wonder if that could be the only leverage the Jets could use? Look we fire the coach and fire the GM and give it to Harbaugh...

Not worth it. Will fall flat. 

Are you serious?

How many first rounders actually become what they're hyped up to be?

Would we be passing on some kind of future superstar?

Harbaugh is a SURE THING. I'd take the sure thing over some college kid that probably won't be as good as advertised. Especially with the kind of 'track record' the Jets have when it comes to drafting.

He has SURETHINGED his Niners into the basement of the NFC West...and they have collapsed to the level of losing to the Raiders...

Sort of reminiscent of Rich Kotite s final seven game stretch as HC of the Eagles or Eric Morongini s final 6 game run as HC of the Jets

Multiple first round picks is a crackpipe dream

there's this belief that the way to get NFL players to play hard is to yell at them like it's 50 years ago. Beat em with sticks and make em scared. That's not how it works. In the NFL the coaches make like 4 mil the best players make over 10. they are men and need to be treated as men. Last year's super Bowl champion Pete Carroll is not a disciplinarian. In fact they led the league in penalties and smoked Denver in the Bowl. Belly people think is a total prick actually doesn't yell at these guys or even raise his voice very often. 

all of this is to say Jim Harbaugh is a disciplinarian and he should go back to college, where he belongs.

there's this belief that the way to get NFL players to play hard is to yell at them like it's 50 years ago. Beat em with sticks and make em scared. That's not how it works. In the NFL the coaches make like 4 mil the best players make over 10. they are men and need to be treated as men. Last year's super Bowl champion Pete Carroll is not a disciplinarian. In fact they led the league in penalties and smoked Denver in the Bowl. Belly people think is a total prick actually doesn't yell at these guys or even raise his voice very often.

all of this is to say Jim Harbaugh is a disciplinarian and he should go back to college, where he belongs.

That last bit is a little strong, but yeah, I'm off the Harbaugh train, too.

isn't he going to get fired anyway? why trade anything when you know he's going to get fired? would any team really trade multiple 1st rounders for him?

harbaugh & the 49ers situation is broken.. IMHO, based on what we've all heard & read there's no way in hell he's coaching the 9ers next season.. because of that there'e no way in hell the jets or anyone else is giving up multiple 1st rounders for his services.. SF will find themselves playing a game of chicken they can't win..

He has SURETHINGED his Niners into the basement of the NFC West...and they have collapsed to the level of losing to the Raiders...

Sort of reminiscent of Rich Kotite s final seven game stretch as HC of the Eagles or Eric Morongini s final 6 game run as HC of the Jets

Multiple first round picks is a crackpipe dream

Yeah, taking what was a pathetic franchise to three NFC championship games (and a superbowl)...WHAT A LOOOOOOOOSER

who needs a proven NFL coach, lets get the NEXT SUPERSTAR instead, these first rounders NEVER BUST, they are gonna turn this sh*t around!!! WOOO

J.E.T.S!!!!!!

I believe the reports that Harbaugh is such a prick that he'd force the 49ers to fire him rather than ok a trade.

He wants to be GM and HC. He doesn't want to go to a team that doesn't have the picks he could use to make him look like a heto.

Bit of a pointless argument anyway, because i doubt he wants to come here.

But if the option was on the table, i'd easily take a proven head coach over Winston/Mariota/Cooper/some other college schmuck with a huge learning curve ahead of him. Great head coaches are every bit as rare as great QBs, you take one whenever you have the opportunity.

I'm not sure I can handle how serious the Jets would be if they landed Harbaugh. Could not be a better fit on paper if the goal is to get great quick.

Tell him to bring Vernon Davis and Mike Iupati with him. Davis + Amaro = :drool: , and Iupati probably buys D'Brick and/or Mangold another year.

Archived