Mort...Idzik gone, New GM could decide on Rex

AFJF

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree. The correct decision is to hire a competent gm and let the gm decide who the coach should be. Seems like woody finally understands who should be the one making the personnel decisions.

Hiring a GM first precludes the Jets from any established "name" HC's.   Even a guy like Saban would want final say over his roster. 

Disagree. The correct decision is to hire a competent gm and let the gm decide who the coach should be. Seems like woody finally understands who should be the one making the personnel decisions.

Exactly this...Woody should not be making football decisions and it's a good thing that he recognizes that.  Hire somebody who knows football and let them make the call.

this is saying it's the new GM decision if he wants to keep the coach who seems to be in line for another job as soon as he is fired. Seems to me that it gives the new GM even one more option

Agreed. This actualy gives more options for a new GM. Not less.

I love Ryan-he is a great defensive coach and anything we get to replace him will be step down. I am not sure is a great HC and have questioned his in game decisions. That being said, given the paucity of HC talent available, the lack of front office support this year, the force feeding of a QB thrust upon him I would say let a new GM decide his fate. 

Simply amazing. This team finished 4-12, clean house!!!

This. I don't understand why some have an issue with it. If you have a competent GM, he will do what needs to be done.

The issue is this may restrict which GMs have interest in the job.

loser players celebrating a loser coach. Just becuase a player respects or like their head coach doesnt mean hes a good coach,

No, but what does that say for the players. Should we let them all go?

Its very interesting. Joe Philbin has kept his job and Rex Ryan may have lost his. Yet, who is the coach getting more love on Twitter? Rex Ryan. 

how so?

For one, it shows no accountability from your future boss.

I know a lot of Jets fans love Rex, but there isn't a GM worth his salt that would bring him back. For anyone holding out hope that Rex is coming back, he's not. Even if the scenario in question plays out.

With that being said, why would a GM with other potential job opportunities, come here where he is being cornered into firing a coach who is a fan favorite and immediately have half the fan base against him? Don't forget the owner listens to the complaints of the fans.

I know a lot of Jets fans love Rex, but there isn't a GM worth his salt that would bring him back. For anyone holding out hope that Rex is coming back, he's not. Even if the scenario in question plays out.

With that being said, why would a GM with other potential job opportunities, come here where he is being cornered into firing a coach who is a fan favorite and immediately have half the fan base against him? Don't forget the owner listens to the complaints of the fans.

poppycock

absolute poppycock

No, but what does that say for the players. Should we let them all go?

Its very interesting. Joe Philbin has kept his job and Rex Ryan may have lost his. Yet, who is the coach getting more love on Twitter? Rex Ryan.

Twitter, yeah thats baramoter we should follow. Rex is carasmatic. If he had the same resume but had Al Grohs personality he wouldnt have half as much support. Not that I want him, but Philbin team by the way won 4 more games than Rex's maybe thats why...

You don't think Dan Quinn is a better DC than Rex, even after last year's Super Bowl?  Where are Rex's Super Bowls?

I am not knocking anyone but Dan Quinn and Todd Bowles both appear to be fine DCs. Don't know enough about the talent they are working with. Did either one coach without  CBs who are not NFL quality? Just believe Rex covered the deficiencies with fine schemes and limited talent.

nonsense.

Twitter, yeah thats baramoter we should follow. Rex is carasmatic. If he had the same resume but had Al Grohs personality he wouldnt have half as much support. Not that I want him, but Philbin team by the way won 4 more games than Rex's maybe thats why...

These are fans from other teams though, Not Jets fans

Archived