David Harris- Do you want him back Jet fans?

faba

Harris MUST be resigned. 

He is a locker room leader and a solid veteran presence & EXAMPLE to the younger players of how a pro's pro behaves.

At what price? We should be fair to him and let him see his worth by testing the waters, but we should be able to match whatever vet-minimum he would most likely receive. 

He deserves crazy respect for his reliability over the past 8 years.  But he was

overpaid in his last contract (9 million) compared to what he provided.  If he

wants to close out his career as a Jet I wouldn't mind but I'm only offering him

a contract after I investigate the free agent market.  We have to get faster at

the ILB position and at this stage of Harris career he just can't provide that.

At best I would offer him a 1 year contract with a team option for the second year

with a total value of 5-6 million

He deserves crazy respect for his reliability over the past 8 years.  But he was

overpaid in his last contract (9 million) compared to what he provided.  If he

wants to close out his career as a Jet I wouldn't mind but I'm only offering him

a contract after I investigate the free agent market.  We have to get faster at

the ILB position and at this stage of Harris career he just can't provide that.

At best I would offer him a 1 year contract with a team option for the second year

with a total value of 5-6 million

I don't like the team option idea.  It doesn't really benefit us unless he has an All pro season (Unlikely) and it makes him leaving not help us with compensation picks if I'm not mistaken.

He knows he's not going to get all that much on the open market...but its also his last contract so he's going to be looking for as much money as possible...

I can't see paying him more than $3mm per for 2 years.  Anything more than that - let him go.

He's still in his prime and he's easily the best MLB on the market, of course somebody will overpay for him. He'll probably get around 20-25 mil. for 4 years I'd guess.

He's still in his prime and he's easily the best MLB on the market, of course somebody will overpay for him. He'll probably get around 20-25 mil. for 4 years I'd guess.

He's 31 and has a hard time covering now....And he's only going to get slower.  

No way he gets that much - at least not that much real money.  $8mm over two - anything over that would be window dressing.

Yes want Harris back. He does not have all world speed but hes a good blitzer up the middle and has deceptive quickness in the box surround him with speed and he's a monster at stopping the run. Hes also a very classy player who will have a positive impact on new young players ...hes a team leader we should re rign

I want him back as he is a solid ILBer and team leader.....but he's worth more to Rex since he can help install his defense in Buffalo ala Bart Scott in 09 so I expect him to get a better offer from the Bills.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

you realize this team with the right moves can compete next year

Does "compete" mean going 9-7? Because "competing" to the Jets and "competing" to the Patriots are two very different things. I want to compete for the Super Bowl, and you're on crack if you think this team will be ready to do that next year.

Want him back, yes. Looking around what the other starting ILB's make I'd say he should accept/get around 4-5 mil. annually. But I'm sure somebody will overpay and give him about 7 mil. per year.

There is no way possible that one of the worst pass coverage LB's in the NFL get $7MM per year.

"Harris, however, has struggled in pass coverage. Quarterbacks had a 119.2 passer rating throwing into Harris' coverage last season. Only six linebackers allowed a worse rating".

Archived