Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

Well, I looked at the technical appendices and I think they did a great job. Of course, as a Jet fan, my impartial scientific credentials might be questioned. But the nice thing about science is that anyone can read those appendices and reach their own conclusions. Personally, I think the work will stand up to scrutiny. But let's see if there are technical objections raised from other quarters. Now, please notice I am only interested in technical objections, not polemics based on supposed biased reports from the past.

I stopped when I got to that section.  Way too technical for me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole thing about this pattern of cheating is what else have they done and gotten away with?

If you see a guy in the courts that has 4 drunk driving convictions and a driving with suspended license then you know for every time he has been caught he has gotten away with it 10-20 times.

Even the tackle eligible scenario last year.  Do you think no other team thought of that exploit before?  Just another change in the rules to plug a seedy loophole used by the Pats.  Use every advantage, and come as close as possible to the line.  That culture ends up with people crossing the line and thinking it is acceptable.

it is a shame this 20something year old brady just coming into the league was taught its ok to cheat as long as you don't get caught by his coach.

it is also a shame they are teaching all the patriot fans it is ok as well...and they dont even realize it what they are doing to their own kids.

our politicians do the same thing.

Very true.  I am not saying he should not be asked, but wait until after the event instead of during the event. 

At some point, when  not surrounded by kids, he left.  Then it is game on.

She didn't ask him during the event. He was asked as he was leaving:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/tv-reporter-asks-gronk-about-ballghazi-gronk-flexes-in-1702683047

Bazinga!

What's most pathetic is Brady is letting these locker room attendants take a fall for him - he has his parents and owner sounding silly protecting him..

And he still hasn't taken any responsibility.  The whole world (except a handful of Pats fans) knows he cheated, knows he lied about it and knows he tried to cover it up.

He really should act like a man - take responsibility and this would all likely pass.  But he's a coward and it's sad.

Very true.  I am not saying he should not be asked, but wait until after the event instead of during the event. 

Why?

No other celebrity gets that kind of deferred respect whilst embroiled in a scandal.

Actors don't.  Politicians don't.  Sports players don't.

Your outrage is misplaced.  It's not the medias fault Brady has been found be a liar and a cheat (again).

It's Brady's fault.

You can misdirect your rage at Jets Fans clearly enjoying this situation, or the media doing their job, or the investigative committee for doing their job, but the people you're angry at are none of those people.

It's Tom Brady and your cheater-ridden, murdering, wife-beating, home-wrecking, smug arrogant * of a franchise.

They have done the deed that will forever mark their run with a *, officially or not.

Not us.  Not the media.  Not the NFL.

I stopped when I got to that section.  Way too technical for me.

It's actually not all that technical. No equations. Just pictures of equipment and some graphs. I recommend it to anyone who has had high school chemistry. It paints a very clear picture of how the Colts' balls can be explained by natural phenomena, but not the Pats' balls. At least as compelling for me as the text quotes.

What's most pathetic is Brady is letting these locker room attendants take a fall for him - he has his parents and owner sounding silly protecting him..

And he still hasn't taken any responsibility.  The whole world (except a handful of Pats fans) knows he cheated, knows he lied about it and knows he tried to cover it up.

He really should act like a man - take responsibility and this would all likely pass.  But he's a coward and it's sad.

He is a cheater and a coward, goes hand in hand. 

What's most pathetic is Brady is letting these locker room attendants take a fall for him

Our greatest hope is that someone pays these guys enough (more than whatever Hush money Brady and the Pats are paying now, assuredly) so they'll spill the beans completely.

Their careers in the NFL in any form are over now.

They're going to want their two-minutes of fame and their payday.

Lets just hope the Networks offer more than Kraft has assuredly already offered to stay silent.

Our greatest hope is that someone pays these guys enough (more than whatever Hush money Brady and the Pats are paying now, assuredly) so they'll spill the beans completely.

Their careers in the NFL in any form are over now.

They're going to want their two-minutes of fame and their payday.

Lets just hope the Networks offer more than Kraft has assuredly already offered to stay silent.

As part of any payment they almost certainly had to sign an NDA - but with that I imagine just the existence of that NDA should be further proof of a cover-up

That theory's been working in BigLaw for your whole career?  :rimshot:

Seriously, though, the two points are not mutually exclusive.  Wells writes a report that finds Brady likely guilty BECAUSE HE IS, yet at the same time minimizes the league's complicity in the violation.  For example, if playing with deflated footballs is such a heinous competitive violation, why, when league and field officials are on notice, and the balls mysteriously disappear from the locker room (for the first time in Walt Anderson's-19 year officiating history, no less), do the balls just get put into play in the AFCC without further testing?  I think that is a fair point that can be taken from Yee's statement (once you cut through his agenda as Brady's agent). 

Sure.  It was ridiculous for them not to go to the backup balls.  But the fact that you can make that fair point and criticize the NFL about it based on the information in the Wells report undercuts the notion that the Wells report was written to avoid criticism of the NFL

The "tuck rule" ha ha you mean the same rule that did benefit other teams as well...ahh ok!

And "you guys" word, I play for the patriots too, ok? Look why would I expect you to feel any different, I don't. If the ruling is not good enough for you go take it up with congress, don't watch football anymore, do whatever floats your boat. Like i said, their actions do not represent me, so you don't like them, ehhh, cool whatever.

Dude, you're like a human punching bag in this thread. I give you credit for accepting the role.

I find it funny on NFL.com the schedule has each weeks' highlights and a few of them talk about Brady.  Guess they will have to change that a bit.

I predict Brady gets a 6 game suspension.  He comes back week 8 at home against the Dolphins on Thursday night Football to get the NFL more ratings. 

Goodell was pretty harsh with Bounty Gate but it was overturned.  This time he is doing a much more thorough investigation though.

Apparently there is "smoking gun evidence"

"Video evidence from pregame of AFC Championship shows McNally detouring to bathroom with two bags of game balls after taking them from officials' dressing room. He remained in bathroom for 1 minute, 40 seconds and then took both bags to field."

everyone knows Patriots pee sitting down so the fact he was only in there for less than two minutes is a dead giveaway. I wonder if the tape has already been destroyed.

Apparently there is "smoking gun evidence"

"Video evidence from pregame of AFC Championship shows McNally detouring to bathroom with two bags of game balls after taking them from officials' dressing room. He remained in bathroom for 1 minute, 40 seconds and then took both bags to field."

everyone knows Patriots pee sitting down so the fact he was only in there for less than two minutes is a dead giveaway. I wonder if the tape has already been destroyed.

Link? They still claim Brady didn't know because he's not in the video directing the whole thing while twisting is locks of gold.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25177527/report-tom-brady-could-be-suspended-for-up-to-one-year

According to the Miami Herald, Brady could be suspended for up to one year thanks to the part he played in Deflategate. 

"Everything is being studied. Everything is being considered," an NFL source told the Herald

Now, that doesn't mean that Brady will be suspended for the year, but it does mean that the NFL is at least considering it. Brady's punishment could end up being a shorter suspension, but the source told the Herald not to dismiss the possibility of a year-long suspension. 

The Patriots quarterback, along with locker attendant Jim McNally and equipment assistant John Jastremski are the three people most likely to be disciplined, according to ESPN.com.

The 243-page Wells report found that Brady was "at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

The report also found that "McNally (the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots) and John Jastremski (an equipment assistant for the Patriots) participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee."

In the report, Wells also noted that Brady refused to turn over his cell phone and other personal information for investigative purposes.

Anything less than a season and it's a joke.

I also wonder why Belichick and the WR's, RB's, TE's are being getting a free pass.

I have to believe BB will get some sort of suspension too...probably a game.

Brady will likely be 8 games - BB 1 game, 1st rounder and $500k fine...

If I had to guess that's where I would go.

I have to believe BB will get some sort of suspension too...probably a game.

Brady will likely be 8 games - BB 1 game, 1st rounder and $500k fine...

If I had to guess that's where I would go.

This is a 2nd serious offense of cheating under his regime. This is a guy everyone loves to proclaim he is in control of everything under the roof. And suddenly he does not even get slapped on the wrist for it.

If the NFL and the commish are serious about integrity of the game, anything less than a season's suspension for BB is a joke.

This is a 2nd serious offense of cheating under his regime. This is a guy everyone loves to proclaim he is in control of everything under the roof. And suddenly he does not even get slapped on the wrist for it.

If the NFL and the commish are serious about integrity of the game, anything less than a season's suspension for BB is a joke.

We're gonna find out soon enough.  My guess is tomorrow - they'll want to get it in before the weekend so the story fades a bit.

oooooooooooo

guess what...now we know the Patriots are in trouble

go Judy Battista

who the heck is she and why does she get to beat them up so bad....  

<insert hand over mouth and little girl laugh here>

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491628/article/wells-report-threatens-tom-bradys-legacy-patriots-reputation

very fair and balanced take on things

lol at the conspiracy thoery

Dude, you're like a human punching bag in this thread. I give you credit for accepting the role.

Huh??

I must of missed something cause i don't see anything said toward me worth being bothered by..

And you replying to a post from 3 or 4 pages ago, now? Word!?

Archived