Jets/Bills "Color Rush" uniforms next Thursday

Morrissey

The commercials don't do them justice. the photo gallery of 22 close-ups in the Jets' website reveals them to be quite nice indeed.

Slap some white stripes on the socks and white pants with that shade of green . . . . . VOILA!!!!! Best uni in the league, hands down. They just need a few more white "accents" to make it an instant classic. I'm surprisingly receptive of the chrome green on the helmet logo & stripe. 

Clearly a marketing ploy to sell more merchandise, but if they really incorporate that uni into the rotation, I'd bite. 

Helmet is a pearl/sparkle white.

Unis not as dark as the current uni, not as light and bland as the original uni.  Need to throw the white sock over green legging to add some accent to the uniform.  Iike the black stripe added to the shoulder stipe and am curious to see if the panels turn different shades when the player sweats.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the color the uniforms should be. All green, no. This green, yes. Hunter green is a Bill Parcells invention.

I do like this shade better than the greenish grey we wear now. If they aren't going to fully incorporate these into our yearly rotation, I'd love to see our standard uniforms take on this shade of green.

It just looks ridiculous

Its the whole basis of the Nike shirts.  They claim the different panels are made of different materials that add something or another to the functionality of the shirt.  And apparently the different materials react differently to moisture.  

Its the whole basis of the Nike shirts.  They claim the different panels are made of different materials that add something or another to the functionality of the shirt.  And apparently the different materials react differently to moisture.  

This is true.  It is often refered to as the "sweat box"

Your taste in this thread, though.

2Fab4U lmao. Nah but seriously, I'm part of the younger generation that Nike is trying to appease nowadays. Luckily my father raised me right in all aspects of Jets football and I have an appreciation for everything good about our team.  We have some of the best uniforms in football and I would never want to abandon that unless the look was classic and great looking.

2Fab4U lmao. Nah but seriously, I'm part of the younger generation that Nike is trying to appease nowadays. Luckily my father raised me right in all aspects of Jets football and I have an appreciation for everything good about our team.  We have some of the best uniforms in football and I would never want to abandon that unless the look was classic and great looking.

I think our uniforms could be among the best but as some of stated in previous threads, the current green Jersey has two different shades of green in it for no reason.  I have a few jerseys and it actually annoys me.

I saw someone gave Mogglez a negative rep, checked and it came courtesy CobraVerde.  

Go figure, how can you be so self absorbed that you throw a negative just because someone likes a uni that you don't like?

better yet, three fools gave me a negative rep. For saying this!  Lol @ Peebag, Rex-n-Effect and Joe Jets Fan.  

Too funny.

There is nothing wrong with Kelly green. It's the color Namath wore. It is the Jets uniform color. The problem is when you put on green pajama pants to go with your green jersey plus green long sleeves and green socks. That's the problem. Not the color. The color is preferable to muted green. Especially since you have two different shades of green in the current uniforms.

You'll never please everyone when it comes to uniforms. I think if the pants were white & the undershirt was white they would look sweet. 

I can't understand why the Jets organization doesn't look to the fans for more input? After all it's Jets fans that buy the product. I hate the fact that they let Nike just tell us what we're gonna get & we're gonna like it.

The vast majority of Jet fans don't like the pickle pants. Vast majority HATES the two tone green on our jerseys & the sweat squares that occur during the games. Listen to the fans you f*cking morons. If I owned the Jets I'd be very tuned in to how fans feel about everything regarding my team including the uniforms. But when you have an owner that wears a suit & tie with sneakers & his Jet hat especially when he goes bucket hat, he has zero style sense.

There is nothing wrong with Kelly green. It's the color Namath wore. It is the Jets uniform color. The problem is when you put on green pajama pants to go with your green jersey plus green long sleeves and green socks. That's the problem. Not the color. The color is preferable to muted green. Especially since you have two different shades of green in the current uniforms.

It really doesn't matter.  It's just a promotion to get more eyeballs on Thursday Night Football, it's not some permanent alternate uniform, it's a one-shot deal.

If the Jets ever wanted to really have a third uniform, they'd do market research, send out a survey, etc.  I think in that instance the winner would be something more modern, not another damn retro.  Titans (Retro), 80's Klecko (Retro), current Super Bowl III (Retro).  We don't have a modern uniform, something like the Broncos or Seahawks or even the NHL Capitals.  That's what's required here.  Not Walt Michaels throwbacks or Walt Michaels colors.

SAR I

Archived