Doesn't look good for Revis this week vs. NYG

jetscrazey

Hasn't played a meaningful snap all year, but yea, lets put him out to cover super-star wide receiver. Bold strategy Cotton. 

You trust Cro or Walls on OBJ?

The likely outcome is they bracket OBJ using either Walls or Milliner, and put Cro 1 on 1 with the #2 WR

It doesn't matter who is covering him because they will need help.A double team is a must.  Cro should be covering the #2 WR which is Randall.  

Could you imagine Cro covering Beckham and giving that 5 + yard cushion that he does??

You trust Cro or Walls on OBJ?

The likely outcome is they bracket OBJ using either Walls or Milliner, and put Cro 1 on 1 with the #2 WR

Well, seeing as we no longer have that coveted "DE converted to OLB", I say we use a heavy dose of Mike Catapano pressing at the line of scrimmage. If OBJ can beat that at the LOS and get open, well, he deserves to win.

The Giants are going to score points. We just need to score more. 

Bracket OBJ, do a good enough job on the rest of their scrubs, and bring hell from the front 7. 

Key to the game is Fitz, Decker, Marshall and Ivory getting off.

The Giants are going to score points. We just need to score more. 

Bracket OBJ, do a good enough job on the rest of their scrubs, and bring hell from the front 7. 

Key to the game is Fitz, Decker, Marshall and Ivory getting off.

You nailed it Ape.

It will back and forth, up and down the field for both teams. Will all come down to which "D" can get the most red zone stops and give up only field goals.

The other thing we have going for us is the running game. Giants "D" line sucks.... Giants running game sucks.

If Ivory can rush for 100 yards and a TD and Fitz can throw for 300 yards/ 2 TD's and 0 picks..... we win. Bullock kicks 3 FG's

30 - 23 Jets

Revis is too old to be covering OBJ. He would get embarrassed and the aura of Revis Island will be even more forgotten.

Sour grapes because he left you pathetic cheating team. BTW, glad they lost on Sunday night. Did you cry when poor little Gonky hurt his knee?

I think I'd assign Skrine on ODB and have Gilchrist help over the top. Put whoever on the others with Pryor enforcing the middle with one ILB. They can't run it on us, but they'll use vereen in the passing game (that's why we should have another DB instead of ILB). Need pressure on Eli.

I think I'd assign Skrine on ODB and have Gilchrist help over the top. Put whoever on the others with Pryor enforcing the middle with one ILB. They can't run it on us, but they'll use vereen in the passing game (that's why we should have another DB instead of ILB). Need pressure on Eli.

Skrine just got done being roasted by Jarvis Landry all day and you want to put him on OBJ? Hard pass. Make Cro earn his money and slide help his way. 

Darrelle Revis (concussion) has been cleared for light physical activity.

It’s a step in the right direction, but Revis didn't practice Wednesday. It sounds like the Jets are expecting to be without him for another week. Odell Beckham will be a top-five play if Revis remains sidelined.

Skrine just got done being roasted by Jarvis Landry all day and you want to put him on OBJ? Hard pass. Make Cro earn his money and slide help his way. 

Cro can't earn his money against Travis Benjamin, or Crabtree, he'll  be a good matchup with Randle with no help. Skrine can cover him within five yards, probably better than anybody on the team. Assign help with Gilchrist over the top. Pass all you want, I guarantee we'll see some form of this. ( maybe not skrine, but that's what I'd do)

Cro can't earn his money against Travis Benjamin, or Crabtree, he'll  be a good matchup with Randle with no help. Skrine can cover him within five yards, probably better than anybody on the team. Assign help with Gilchrist over the top. Pass all you want, I guarantee we'll see some form of this. ( maybe not skrine, but that's what I'd do)

Skrine on the outside is not a good matchup. If OBJ lines up in the slot, sure but you don't want Skrine on the outside even with help. Guy simply isn't getting it done. 

Skrine on the outside is not a good matchup. If OBJ lines up in the slot, sure but you don't want Skrine on the outside even with help. Guy simply isn't getting it done. 

Ya put Walls on the outside lol. I am leaning to picking Gmen if revis is not playing.

They have 6 losses.  Teams have figured out ways of beating the Giants and they don't have a corner better than Revis when they do it.  We are better with Revis on the field but we are not incapable of winning games if he is not playing. 

They have 6 losses.  Teams have figured out ways of beating the Giants and they don't have a corner better than Revis when they do it.  We are better with Revis on the field but we are not incapable of winning games if he is not playing. 

Well, technically, the first 2 games of the season the Giants figured out ways to beat themselves but you're right, plenty of teams with worse secondaries have beaten the Giants.

The Redskins beat them last week and they were starting some straight doodoo at CB, Will Blackman and Brashaud Breeland.  Their nickel and dime corners are rookie Quinton Dunbar who was a really sh*tty WR for the Gators last season and 6th round rookie Kyshoen Jarrett, who I've literally never heard of.  They moved DeAngelo Hall to FS which would be like playing Cro at FS, neither can tackle for dick.  

So yeah, that's not exactly the most intimidating secondary you'll face and they handled Eli and Co. well.

What the Redskins did was get in Eli's face all day long and run the sh*t out of the ball dominating time of possession. 

Ya put Walls on the outside lol. I am leaning to picking Gmen if revis is not playing.

I'm with ya, if both Revis and Williams are out, I just dont see the Jets winning this game.  They cant get pressure with their front 4 and they wont be able to hold on the back end. Eli will pick you apart if you blitz all game long.  This might be a game the offense has to go out and win.  However, this was Bowles speciality last season.  Doing more with less when half his D went with injury so lets see if he can repeat some magic here.

Crazier sh*t has been done.  Like I said above, the Redskins did it with some sh*tty CB talent, not Walls level of sh*tty but sh*tty nonetheless.

Archived