Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

On March 19, 2016 at 7:01 PM, 77DRAFT said:

Didn't Bowles also say he rested Ivory in the second half against the Bills ?

We are so screwed with this guy as our HC.  Hate to say it cause it looked like a good hire a year ago.

No he didnt say this.

But it wont stop some fans from first putting words in his mouth then proclaiming we're screwed.

Now wait though, he looked like a good hire before the games started and then after resting Ivory in the second half (DUH) he isnt.

LOL

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

All he said is Geno should get another shot, not that Geno should start. I take for granted that if Geno is given another shot this summer, and looks terrible, he doesn't think he should still start anyway.

I will say that so far 2 out of 2 from the team - Mac and Colon - are publicly saying Geno is the next man up. Doesn't bode well for their opinion of Petty, or at least one of them would have said if Fitz doesn't return we feel good about whoever ends up on top between Geno and Bryce. They don't even mention Petty. Last time he was mentioned at all, Maccagnan said he thinks Petty could - could - develop into a #2 QB.

Hopefully Petty did some work in the offseason and makes them feel differently the next time they see him play, because those are not overwhelming votes of confidence.

He's saying that Geno should get a shot at starting.  

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, because Fitzpatrick was surely winning that competition right? Even with Fitz having the advantage of knowing the coach AND the scheme Geno looked noticeably better than Fitz while going most of training camp without even throwing an INT, while Fitz was showing lack of arm strength along with inconsistency and Petty was throwing pick 6's. I think we all remember that up to the moment when Geno got his jaw broke he was not in any position whatsoever to lose that starting position to Fitzpatrick or Petty. He was the clear cut winner. 

The guy who won 10 games this past year with the most talented Jets team I've personally ever seen, with the easiest schedule I've ever seen the Jets have, and who some would agree we pay 15-18 million dollars per year to...Geno was wiping the floor with last summer.

We dont have to like him, but it really cant be this hard to give the guy some credit. Dude has a year under his belt in this system, didnt have the weight of the team on his shoulders and all he had to do all this time was to just work on this craft with the support of an offensive coordinator known for his QB work and a no-nonsense HC. I wouldnt be surprised if Geno Smith ends up being the real reason why Macc isnt budging with Fitz as well as not overly pursuing trade options. 

Just sayin, we were all very happy with what we heard about Geno's progress last offseason. Lets not pretend like that didnt happen just because he got punched in the face and he's an easy target at the moment. 

We became a better team the moment IKs punch landed. Geno is too dumb to be an NFL quarterback. If he starts it will be because Fitz signed elsewhere. If he does start, we'll be picking 10th in next years draft. 

If it's Fitz v. Geno, Fitz and his noodle arm will mop the floor with Geno THIS summer. You know it. I know it. The whole world knows it. 

The Geno support is killing me. Did people suddenly forget him and his goddamn hoodie up, moping on the sideline? The missed meeting? The horror show when he was actually the starter? Then stiffing a teammate out of money? This is the guy you want to lead your team out of the tunnel week one?!!?!?

Many of you are season ticket holders; you guys happy youre gonna pony up X amount of dollars to watch a guy like that lead your team? I'd be livid. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Arm strength.......

He does throw a nice ball and has a nice release.  I don't think anyone will deny that.

He takes way too long to decide where to go with the ball, though.  A lot of that probably has to do with the sh*tty situation he was put into as a young QB.  A lot of that also probably has to do with him.

6 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

He does throw a nice ball and has a nice release.  I don't think anyone will deny that.

He takes way too long to decide where to go with the ball, though.  A lot of that probably has to do with the sh*tty situation he was put into as a young QB.  A lot of that also probably has to do with him.

Yes....he takes waaaay too long to decide.    

And his 75 yards-in-the-air bombs are just as good as Fitzpatricks noodle arm bomb attempts- both are inaccurate more often than not.

18 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

We became a better team the moment IKs punch landed. Geno is too dumb to be an NFL quarterback. If he starts it will be because Fitz signed elsewhere. If he does start, we'll be picking 10th in next years draft. 

If it's Fitz v. Geno, Fitz and his noodle arm will mop the floor with Geno THIS summer. You know it. I know it. The whole world knows it. 

The Geno support is killing me. Did people suddenly forget him and his goddamn hoodie up, moping on the sideline? The missed meeting? The horror show when he was actually the starter? Then stiffing a teammate out of money? This is the guy you want to lead your team out of the tunnel week one?!!?!?

Many of you are season ticket holders; you guys happy youre gonna pony up X amount of dollars to watch a guy like that lead your team? I'd be livid. 

Dude, I literally stopped reading after the first sentence. I'll just leave my thumbs down on your quote and move along. 

11 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Agree but with Decker and Marshall he will look like Joe Montana look at the season Fitzpatrick had with them. The fact that he can unleash the long ball will open up more opportunities for the running game and make Decker and Marshall all that much better. 

This was a mother****er to make, but here is my favorite Geno Smith throw. 2013; Week 2; against the Pats in the pouring rain; both offenses are struggling to throw the ball; the pass was only about 39 yards, and it was to Clyde ****in' Gates--of all people--but despite the rain, Geno drops it perfectly in between two defenders. If only he could do this trick more than once.

https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/g10736311/Geno%20Throw_01_zpsgqnsqkpi.gif

A slow-mo close up:

https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/g10736311/Geno%20Throw_02_zpsj11ukxid.gif

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

he's always been the source of leaks and "anonymous" comments to the press. he's a sh*t stirrer. bye bye!

Find one piece of proof that hes the source of a single leak you dreamed up was on him.  

I do find it interesting that youre blaming him without a stitch of evidence.  Or, you know, the definition of shlt stirring.  

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, because Fitzpatrick was surely winning that competition right? Even with Fitz having the advantage of knowing the coach AND the scheme Geno looked noticeably better than Fitz while going most of training camp without even throwing an INT, while Fitz was showing lack of arm strength along with inconsistency and Petty was throwing pick 6's. I think we all remember that up to the moment when Geno got his jaw broke he was not in any position whatsoever to lose that starting position to Fitzpatrick or Petty. He was the clear cut winner. 

The guy who won 10 games this past year with the most talented Jets team I've personally ever seen, with the easiest schedule I've ever seen the Jets have, and who some would agree we pay 15-18 million dollars per year to...Geno was wiping the floor with last summer.

We dont have to like him, but it really cant be this hard to give the guy some credit. Dude has a year under his belt in this system, didnt have the weight of the team on his shoulders and all he had to do all this time was to just work on this craft with the support of an offensive coordinator known for his QB work and a no-nonsense HC. I wouldnt be surprised if Geno Smith ends up being the real reason why Macc isnt budging with Fitz as well as not overly pursuing trade options. 

Just sayin, we were all very happy with what we heard about Geno's progress last offseason. Lets not pretend like that didnt happen just because he got punched in the face and he's an easy target at the moment. 

As much as I like Fitzpatrick, you are 100% correct.  Geno reportedly was doing great right up until his jaw got broken.  He wasn't great in the Oakland game, but let's face it he came in cold after several months of not being able to even practice.  If we lose Fitz and Macc, Bowles, Gailey choose to go with Smith, I will trust their judgement.

Geno's going to have a shot to compete because he's on a cheap contract. There's no way we turn loose of a player who is at least a roster with a couple years of starter experience on a cheap deal. The job is Geno's to win and it's on him to do it. He doesn't deserve any presumption as the starter. He had two garbage years and blew his third year.

Last year Geno showed zero leadership presence, always moping on the sideline like he didn't want to be there. He shouldn't have been mad Fitz had a great year. He should be thankful Fitz had a good year and even more thankful that Fitz wants to get paid for it. If Fitz had come in and had a sh*t year like Geno apologists expected then there would be no question that we would be drafting Geno's replacement this year.

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Didn't we all feel Petty was going to have to sit and learn for a couple of years?? I know I did... came out of system that's not conducive at the Pro level. 

Has all the physical tools.... just needs time to put it all together.

If Fitz walks and Glennon doesn't happen,  let Geno compete with RG3 or Hoyer(on a 1 yr. deal) and Petty.

Then if the season is over by game 10..... let Petty get some reps and see how he does..

If he sucks, go hard after Glennon at the deadline or FA and "Wash, Rinse, Repeat" until you get a Franchise QB

How about if Fitz walks and Glennon doesn't happen, give Geno an honest chance with a quality team and staff without bringing outside garbage in? Forget RGIII and Hoyer. 

No more competitions/distractions. If Geno fails, let Petty figure it out. Otherwise, Geno has been jerked around enough already. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-20%20at%204.21.3

Funny how it all went down hill for Geno after one huge clutch throw.

I agree. Let's give it yet another year of seeing if what doesn't work can finally work. Because we're all going to stay this age and watching one wasted football season after another isn't getting incredibly tedious.

This is a 100% serious post and isn't passive aggressive at all.

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

came out of system that's not conducive at the Pro level. 

Has all the physical tools.... just needs time to put it all together.

Chan Gailey's system is the best bet for Petty to transition to the NFL, compound that with the supporting cast,...

Petty should get a shot to compete.    

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Sure. I can't include myself since I didn't see him play in college. I expect him to be able to see the field by the second half of year 2 without getting "ruined" (as some people fear).

Mental make up is what ruins a player when you rush them.  From all accounts, that is one of his best attributes.  That doesn't mean he has the football IQ though, that is the only thing I question.     

32 minutes ago, jetrider said:

How about if Fitz walks and Glennon doesn't happen, give Geno an honest chance with a quality team and staff without bringing outside garbage in? Forget RGIII and Hoyer. 

Why does Geno deserve to be handed the team and not have to compete to win the team? I'm not hot on bringing in RGIII or Hoyer but if you don't want the QB spot to be filled with garbage then why hand Geno the spot? He needs to win the role like any other QB pining for that job.

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Why does Geno deserve to be handed the team and not have to compete to win the team? I'm not hot on bringing in RGIII or Hoyer but if you don't want the QB spot to be filled with garbage then why hand Geno the spot? He needs to win the role like any other QB pining for that job.

Because it's his fourth straight year with the Jets. How many good teams have QB competitions every freakin' year?

That's right ... none.

15 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Because it's his fourth straight year with the Jets. How many good teams have QB competitions every freakin' year?

That's right ... none.

The logic of your argument is invalid. Good teams have QBs they can build around/have built around. That's why they don't need QB competitions every year. Not having a competition does not make your QB good or your team good. We've had competition every year because Geno has been unable to establish himself as the starter.

4 hours ago, Shadetree said:

I do agree he at least had a sh*t attitude - does he still have a sh*t attitude or has he been humbled after getting his chin rocked and no one on the team stopped it? See, i think that was a wake up call for him... and maybe he's taken his head out of his ass. You never know... im not a Geno supporter... but if he's our QB on day 1, i will root my ass off for him to succeed. 

I've been negative repped!!!!

And Villian started it all!! After all the Glennon support I've given him! This has ruined my day. 

I hope it's Fitz vs. Geno this August. There will be no locker room punch and Fitz will clearly outplay him. 

All this Geno support has me very, very puzzled. 

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I agree. Let's give it yet another year of seeing if what doesn't work can finally work. Because we're all going to stay this age and watching one wasted football season after another isn't getting incredibly tedious.

This is a 100% serious post and isn't passive aggressive at all.

I hear ya, but starting Fitz is worse.  Instead of taking a shot on what might work (Geno) you would rather accept another year of missing the playoffs - just to make sure it's done gracefully.  

I would rather roll the dice.  

Archived