Jets the dark horse to move up for the #1 overall pick

shuler82

From Tony Pauline:

The Cowboys are one of four teams that have inquired on moving up to the top spot of the draft. The other three teams are the Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets, who are the dark horse. The overall belief around the league is the Jets don’t have the ammunition to move up. The question is would they be willing to move up a half dozen spots is Paxton Lynch falls to the middle of round one?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

For L.Tunsil, yes. Go up and get him for Mo and the 20th overall pick.

For P.Lynch, I wouldn't move a muscle. 

It's going to cost a whole lot more than the 20 pick, and Muhammad Wilkerson to move up to the number 1 pick in the draft.  It isn't worth it , the price the Jets will have to pay.       

The Jets trading up 6 spots is going to cost them 20 and a third round draft choice.

If the Jets think one of these QB's can be "the guy", then I have no issue with them giving up whatever it may take to get them.  D-linemen, linebackers, wide receivers, it's great to have good ones, but nothing carries you like a franchise QB.  Go get one, because we may find out at some point that Geno isn't the answer.

42 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

From Tony Pauline:

The Cowboys are one of four teams that have inquired on moving up to the top spot of the draft. The other three teams are thePhiladelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets, who are the dark horse. The overall belief around the league is the Jets don’t have the ammunition to move up. The question is would they be willing to move up a half dozen spots is Paxton Lynch falls to the middle of round one?

This deserves it's own thread, hey?

how about the bolded part? Pretty selective posting

Any media report that includes "....and the Jets" amongst teams looking to trade/splash/do something stupid I almost instantly ignore.

In a word where no one has to name their source, I'm absolutely convinced a minimum of 75% of these reports are absolutely bullsh*t designed to do nothing more than to spur interest or drive newspaper sales/website hits/advert rates.

I'll believe the Jets "are looking to move up to the #1 pick" after we make that trade, till this, lol, right, sure.  Whatever you say.

99% of the modern media is no more knowledgeable or reliable than your average forum poster, and half are far less informed frankly.

Just now, Warfish said:

Any media report that includes "....and the Jets" amongst teams looking to trade/splash/do something stupid I almost instantly ignore.

In a word where no one has to name their source, I'm absolutely convinced a minimum of 75% of these reports are absolutely bullsh*t designed to do nothing more than to spur interest or drive newspaper sales/website hits/advert rates.

I'll believe the Jets "are looking to move up to the #1 pick" after we make that trade, till this, lol, right, sure.  Whatever you say.

the report said the jets inquired.  that may mean nothing more than a phonecall to gauge compensation.  i would believe it if mccags called merely to find out how much it would take.  

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets don't have enough ammo to get to 1... unless Mo is part of the deal...

IMO,for sure Mo is part of the deal.  Strongly doubt this is going to happen but they probably just called to see what the value was, and they would be willing to give Mo and 20 if no one else called.

38 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If we trade up to 1 overall and take a left tackle, I will gouge my eyes out with a melon baller

I will cut my pinkies off, tie them to balloons, and set them adrift over the ocean I subsequently drown myself in.

38 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This deserves it's own thread, hey?

how about the bolded part? Pretty selective posting

I haven't seen anywhere that's reported the Jets have inquired about moving up to the #1 overall pick. Whether that's just Mac leaving no stone unturned, or they are serious about getting their guy and need to move up to do so, it's better than a 104th Fitz/Glennon/Kaep thread. 

As for what you bolded, yeah, no sh*te. It's not likely. That's why they're considered the dark horse.  Selective posting would've left that part of his post out.  

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the report said the jets inquired.  that may mean nothing more than a phonecall to gauge compensation.  i would believe it if mccags called merely to find out how much it would take.  

Mac is a good man, and thorough 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will cut my pinkies off, tie them to balloons, and set them adrift over the ocean I subsequently drown myself in.

Cool, maybe you and dbatesmn can get a reality show together.   Sounds like great fun to watch now that TWD is on a break

16 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I haven't seen anywhere that's reported the Jets have inquired about moving up to the #1 overall pick. Whether that's just Mac leaving no stone unturned, or they are serious about getting their guy and need to move up to do so, it's better than a 104th Fitz/Glennon/Kaep thread. 

As for what you bolded, yeah, no sh*te. It's not likely. That's why they're considered the dark horse.  Selective posting would've left that part of his post out.  

The part about a deal like that - which gets left out of conversations - is that Mac & Todd take a HUGE risk. That's basically hanging your entire career on 1 move... for a guy that played FCS football... Andrew Luck... sure. Winston?.... I get it... Carson Wentz?... ehhh i don't like him that much - and best believe they'll get fcking nuked if it doesn't work out

Just now, Paradis said:

The part about a deal like that - which gets left out of conversations - is that Mac & Todd take a HUGE risk. That's basically hanging your entire career on 1 move... for a guy that played FCS football... Andrew Luck... sure. Winston?.... I get it... Carson Wentz?... ehhh i don't like him that much - and best believe they'll get fcking nuked if it doesn't work out

I agree %100. Frankly, Wentz is the only guy I would use 1st round pick on. Period. And no, it would not be in the top 10, more like the late teens, early 20s. But that's just me. I think this is a weak draft for QBs. With a lot of raw prospects that COULD turn into great NFL QBs but are far and away from being ready to start and, for the most part, are major gambles. Still, I'm fully aware that its possible at least 3 QBs are taken in the first by teams willing to take that gamble. Should the Jets do it? I don't think so. But I'm not a scout, and I'm not looking at these players up close and scrutinizing every aspect of their game. If the Jets feel like P.Lynch is their guy, obviously take him at 20. But I would not trade up for him and the assumption will be that he sits 1-2 years to develop.      

Archived