Indifference, despair, apathy

Bugg

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Let's just be honest.

Jets fans love to be miserable. They revel in it. They love it. They dont know what they would do without it. That's why they never celebrate wins. EVER. If they ever win the Super Bowl, they will complain.

And the media feeds upon it by printing more misery.

A horrid lot.

Yeah we should really be celebrating this 3-7 season more. What a magical mystery ride it's been.

The Jets didn't waste their timeouts today. They used them to get the ball back with sufficient time on the clock for Petty and the O. Petty threw a quick INT and that was the game.

I do think Gailey's offensive game plans are a little outdated. And we definitely have to find more about Bryce Petty which involves putting him in better situations to succeed. But when the team isnt very good thats easier said than done.

I will say, even though I dont think he should be fired, if the Jets do fire Bowles, and I said this after they fired Rex, and after they fired Mangini, I want an Offensive minded HC with prior NFL Head Coaching experience. I feel like that would put us in the best situation to find and develop a franchise QB.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Jets didn't waste their timeouts today. They used them to get the ball back with sufficient time on the clock for Petty and the O. Petty threw a quick INT and that was the game.

I do think Gailey's offensive game plans are a little outdated. And we definitely have to find more about Bryce Petty which involves putting him in better situations to succeed. But when the team isnt very good thats easier said than done.

I will say, even though I dont think he should be fired, if the Jets do fire Bowles, and I said this after they fired Rex, and after they fired Mangini, I want an Offensive minded HC with prior NFL Head Coaching experience. I feel like that would put us in the best situation to find and develop a franchise QB.

Agree a head coach with prior NFL coaching experience no more rookie experiments enough is enough. 

Shoot me but Josh McDaniels would be my choice he can raid the Patriots staff and start building a winner here maybe we can sign QB Jimmy Garapalo as well. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree a head coach with prior NFL coaching experience no more rookie experiments enough is enough. 

Shoot me but Josh McDaniels would be my choice he can raid the Patriots staff and start building a winner here maybe we can sign QB Jimmy Garapalo as well. 

I would be meh on McDaniels. He wasn't very good in Denver, but maybe a second chance will do him some good.

One big concern I have is that Patriot coaches seem to have minimal success once they leave Belichick. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I wouldn't mind McDaniels. He probably learned a lot from his mistakes in Denver.

We did start a QB today that had thrown 2 passes in his NFL career and who was the 3rd string QB to start the year.  I am not sure what you all were expecting. The moment Petty was named starter was the moment expectations went way down for me. 

People can't be clamoring all week to start Petty and then judge Bowles and Macc based on the immediate results. This is a complete blowup. Woody has to make a choice...either go all in with Bowles/Macc (no more next year Bowles must make the playoffs or be fired) or fire Bowles/Macc at the end of the season.

On top of all the fails of this team they have become snooze fest boring.

I have two thoughts on the Petty bit,

#1 Kelly in her/his last post in one thread it was stated that this week petty was still getting only TWO reps at practicebecause fitz was taking them all, then they say petty is starting, what a joke.  There is no reason for your backup not to get more reps.

Also the conspiracy theory part of me thinks bowles was told to start petty and him and gailey being all bent out of shape over it came up with the game plan,.

In any case this team is a disgrace,

Poor coaching, suspect gming, apparent disconnect between coach and gm re overall plan, FAT lazy vets who are being paid like kings with no pride at all.

Nothing will happen during the year this year but if they don't do a major house cleaning in the off season and a total shift of thought to a REAL rebuild the wolves will be at the door big time.

11 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Let's just be honest.

Jets fans love to be miserable. They revel in it. They love it. They dont know what they would do without it. That's why they never celebrate wins. EVER. If they ever win the Super Bowl, they will complain.

A horrid lot.

We won? 

11 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, if Macc and Bowles do get fired, why would any good coach want to come here when their plan could be pulled at the drop of a hat and they could be gone in 2 years?

I think Mac and Bowles make it another year. Gailey and Rodgers might be the scapegoats, definitely Rodgers. I am not saying I agree with it but just my opinion.

I'm just tired...It's really not that fun anymore.  Not just the Jets but the entire NFL...The Jets are just awful and there really isn't a lot to look forward to - they have to start all over again.

But it's not just the Jets, they've always sucked yet I always still enjoyed the NFL....I really don't care anymore...Players, ownership, corporate and the media covering the NFL has really turned me off to the entire thing.  I guess I used to like Football being Football (a sport not "entertainment") and I liked when players cared about winning and losing.  That's just not what we have anymore. 

As the OP mentioned..I am mostly indifferent about the Jets right now.  Sure, I would like them to win, but they suck and I really don't care...I can't say I've ever felt that way about them sucking.

14 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

IT's hard not to. They should just accept that they lost, the team sucks and go back to their normal lives tomorrow.

It's easy not to. You just love to complain. You revel in it. You should just accept that fans have different expectations in our team than you have.

15 hours ago, Bugg said:

Bowles is what he is; ANOTHER risk-averse scared, defense first HC that Woody Johnson keeps hiring. Guy has NO IDEA how offense works and doesn't appear to care. He allows Gailey to RUN UP THE MIDDLE EVERY FIRST DOWN LIKE IT'S 19 SEVENTY FVCKIN' 5. Doesn't appear to be any self-scouting or quality control on this offense.  

That's because the head coach and the GM BOTH report directly to Woody Johnson and what is Bowles going to say? That he is doing a terrible job and needs to be replaced ASAP? Hell no, he is going to sugar coat his every misstep and the lack of discipline and offensive direction. How will Woody know the difference? Bowles stands there on the sideline with arms crossed and a silly Pillsbury doughboy smile on his face. You never see him talk into the headset. I think the Jets shut it off at game time and he does his best dime store wooden Indian impression while Gailey screws up the offense with his ultra conservative approach. I called Petty's interception from couch. It just popped into my head and the voice said, "Here it comes" and bam there it was. It was a product of Gailey not having faith in Petty throwing deep and calling for ever shorter pass plays as the Rams defense crept forward. Smacks of incompetence all the way around.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm just tired...It's really not that fun anymore.  Not just the Jets but the entire NFL...The Jets are just awful and there really isn't a lot to look forward to - they have to start all over again.

But it's not just the Jets, they've always sucked yet I always still enjoyed the NFL....I really don't care anymore...Players, ownership, corporate and the media covering the NFL has really turned me off to the entire thing.  I guess I used to like Football being Football (a sport not "entertainment") and I liked when players cared about winning and losing.  That's just not what we have anymore. 

As the OP mentioned..I am mostly indifferent about the Jets right now.  Sure, I would like them to win, but they suck and I really don't care...I can't say I've ever felt that way about them sucking.

Join the crowd. I don't think anyone expected what has transpired this season, from Fitz sucking a$$ to Revis hitting the wall, to Mo being a bad apple to Bowles being totally inept at being a head coach. I have no faith whatsoever in anything this organization does, because no matter how well thought out and how well planned whatever they do WILL GO WRONG.

3 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I think Mac and Bowles make it another year. Gailey and Rodgers might be the scapegoats, definitely Rodgers. I am not saying I agree with it but just my opinion.

Gailey has got to go for sure. Rodgers probably so, but he is a buddy of Bowles so that is not a given despite the fact that Bowles has taken play calling duties away from Rodgers. 

15 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Why can't we get a good young OC and make him HC? I'm so sick of this sh*t. We will continue to suck offensively until we do.

I would settle for just getting a good OC.

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We had the easiest schedule in the NFL and only beat 2 teams with winning records in 2015 and thats irrelevant right now. 

Okay, but we have lost a few games to these same bad teams. I believe the offense has gotten worse. Fitz had a Cinderella year; we were healthy at the OL; we had Brick; we had Ivory; teams studied our tape and are sitting on the short routes.

17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Let's just be honest.

A horrid lot.

I disagree.  Almost no one likes to be miserable.  It is just that this team has always found ways to disappoint, early or late.  Expectations are low because a rational person could not have it any other way.  They do not deserve the optimism they might want from fans.  Optimism can also be a rational thinga, not merely pom pom waving.

And as far as a Super Bowl is concerned, people did not have the internet then, but I knew enough of them at the time and I was not hearing complaints when they won.

This QB decision moves for me  the Jets into a similar situation to when a friend or relative goes too far into substance abuse problems; when you are ready to join the living, get back to me and I will be there. Meantime, while I will watch (it's on TV every Sunday anyway) they'll get none of my money in any way. Somewhere between probation and purgatory are the Jets. Would suggest every STH sell every ticket until there is a change at HC and not reup for next season. 

Woody Johnson is the common denominator in all this suck since the day he got in the owner's box.Sadly and alas he will not sell to someone with actual candle power. All we can do is 1. embarrass him and 2. cost him in dollars and cents unless and until MAJOR CHANGES are made. But he set up this INSANE chain of command which allowed Bowles to bring back Fitzerception. Let him enjoy his sheetbox stadium either empty or filled with opposing fans until he makes things appreciably better. 

Bowles, while he appears to be a nice guy,   is clearly over his head and has no clue about NFL offense, nor player development. Take no joy in this because again he does seem like a good fellow. BUT HE HAS TO GO at the end of this season. 

Think Maccagnan gets another season because in 2015 he managed to bubblegum and duct tape a roster to 10 wins. But he needs to find a coach and a QB. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

This QB decision moves for me  the Jets into a similar situation to when a friend or relative goes too far into substance abuse problems; when you are ready to join the living, get back to me and I will be there. Meantime, while I will watch (it's on TV every Sunday anyway) they'll get none of my money in any way. Somewhere between probation and purgatory are the Jets. Would suggest every STH sell every ticket until there is a change at HC and not reup for next season. 

Woody Johnson is the common denominator in all this suck since the day he got in the owner's box.Sadly and alas he will not sell to someone with actual candle power. All we can do is 1. embarrass him and 2. cost him in dollars and cents unless and until MAJOR CHANGES are made. But he set up this INSANE chain of command which allowed Bowles to bring back Fitzerception. Let him enjoy his sheetbox stadium either empty or filled with opposing fans until he makes things appreciably better. 

Bowles, while he appears to be a nice guy,   is clearly over his head and has no clue about NFL offense, nor player development. Take no joy in this because again he does seem like a good fellow. BUT HE HAS TO GO at the end of this season. 

Think Maccagnan gets another season because in 2015 he managed to bubblegum and duct tape a roster to 10 wins. But he needs to find a coach and a QB. 

no comment on bowles or maccagnan other than both are taking quite a bit of heat for things that aren't necessarily their doing, especially maccagnan.  with regard to woody though, imo he really needs a football guy to be president if he wants to keep bowles and mac on the same level.  someone has to be in charge of both of them and it's doubtfull that woody has enough football knowledge to make those decisions.

Archived