does anyone kind of like another team

MetsJets1962

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kelticwizard said:

My football fanhood extends back pre-merger, so I'm still a Giants fan just because there's no conflict in cheering for two teams in entirely different leagues that will never play each other.  I remain a Giants fan now, but whenever they play I'm for the Jets.  A couple of times the Giants needed the game to improve their playoff chances, the Jets were out of it, and I tried rooting for the Giants.  But by halftime I was back to cheering for the Jets, the hell with the Giants' playoff shot.

ive never had a problem with the Giants and ive always liked Eli Manning. 

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I like a few other teams, actually.  The Rangers, the Mets and to a lesser extent, the Knicks.

I grew up a Pacers fan in the 90's so my Knock grudge was huge then given the rivalry. Isaiah Thomas wrecked that team so bad that I began pulling for them just because of the respect that I had for the Knicks given all of those memorable games as a teen. 

Kristaps Porzingis and Steph Curry are my two reasons why I even take a peek at the NBA today. 

9 hours ago, David Harris said:

I am, as we all are, a fan of football. Therefore I like watching the current Seattle team very much. Great effort, great come robbery, fun to watch them. I like the old-school Midwest teams like  The Steelers and the Packers. 

I know this is sacrilegious but watching the patriots last game, Tom Brady dropping flare out nine routes in the bucket was beautiful. 

**** Tom Brady.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I grew up a Pacers fan in the 90's so my Knock grudge was huge then given the rivalry. Isaiah Thomas wrecked that team so bad that I began pulling for them just because of the respect that I had for the Knicks given all of those memorable games as a teen. 

Kristaps Porzingis and Steph Curry are my two reasons why I even take a peek at the NBA today. 

Yeah, Zeke completely destroyed the Knicks.  I rarely watch anymore (though I usually catch some of the finals).  The NBA kinda stinks in general.  In fact, all the major sports have gotten worse over the past couple of decades.  The NBA is always very "top-heavy" (Golden State, Cleveland and maybe a couple of others) making it a waste of time to watch almost every other team.  It's also a selfish league of Jordan wanna-bes instead of a team sport. 

The NFL legislated defense out of the league. 

MLB is still pretty good but there's something not quite the same (we went through the steroid era, ballparks became bandboxes, players got huge contracts and now don't care about what the manager says, etc).

I think the NHL has held up the best.  The playoffs are still fantastic.  Grit and determination can overcome skill.  The players still care very much about the game.  etc

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yeah, Zeke completely destroyed the Knicks.  I rarely watch anymore (though I usually catch some of the finals).  The NBA kinda stinks in general.  In fact, all the major sports have gotten worse over the past couple of decades.  The NBA is always very "top-heavy" (Golden State, Cleveland and maybe a couple of others) making it a waste of time to watch almost every other team.  It's also a selfish league of Jordan wanna-bes instead of a team sport. 

The NFL legislated defense out of the league. 

MLB is still pretty good but there's something not quite the same (we went through the steroid era, ballparks became bandboxes, players got huge contracts and now don't care about what the manager says, etc).

I think the NHL has held up the best.  The playoffs are still fantastic.  Grit and determination can overcome skill.  The players still care very much about the game.  etc

I totally lost interest in the NBA once Reggie Miller retired. I've always loved shooters though. So I always followed the other shooters in the league when I used to watch. I stopped watching completely until I discovered Steph Curry. That kid isn't human.

I've always liked the Bears, who also (of course) suck this year.

I've noticed I'm starting to follow college football a little more these days. I don't know if that's because the Jets have been so terrible lately, or if it's because the NFL product has progressively gotten worse.

I don't "like" any other team.  It's more like there are teams I hate less than others.  Since I live in NC I don't mind the Panthers much. 

I also always rooted for Peyton too (when he wasn't playing the Jets) because the thought that Brady would end up thought of more highly than Manning from a legacy perspective was a disgusting thought.  Peyton didn't have an Ernie Adams.  Therefore Brady is exempt from the "greatest QB of all-time" discussion. 

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I totally lost interest in the NBA once Reggie Miller retired. I've always loved shooters though. So I always followed the other shooters in the league when I used to watch. I stopped watching completely until I discovered Steph Curry. That kid isn't human.

Agreed on Steph Curry (who of course the Knicks wanted but missed by 1 pick btw).  I remember the first time I really watched him play was in an NBA finals game.  I remember he was throwing up these ridiculous long-range 3 pointers with defenders draped all over him.  He had kind of an off-game too so I definitely was NOT impressed.I laughed at his game thinking that he was the epitome of the modern day player - a chuck wagon who would rather put up an atrocious shot than even consider passing the ball (did he realize he even had teammates?)  I remember thinking the mid-1980's Celtics (who were a terrific passing team) would've laughed him off the team.  I've seen him a handful of other times since though and realized he is truly a unique player.  I've never seen a guy who can shoot like that.  He can be double-teamed behind the 3 point line, dribble behind his back and between his legs until he gets the slightest opening and then (with an exceptionally quick release) hit the shot.  It is rather remarkable.

I def have a heirarchy that I root for other teams.  As far as teams that I would like to see win every week it would be the Bucs(because sometimes 1 sh*tty team isnt enough to root for and I live in Tampa) and the Gmen(my brothers are as die hard giants fans as i am jets fan).

10 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Panthers have been my "passive activity" NFC team since their inception in '95. That being said, it sucked when they lost to the Pats in the SB but haven't really enjoyed them as much with the pompous Cam at the helm, even last year's run. I love how they always seem to have all-world LBs and awesome defenses. 

I have lived in Charlotte since 1995, raised daughters here, sent them to college etc. LOVE the city.  I root for the Panthers as the city is small and when they win, the city is different. Its vibrant etc.  I could NEVER root for them against the JETS but I will root for them in any other way but its not the passion love-hate I have with this POS team in green.

I used to like the Redskins pretty good, ever since they beat the Dolphins after the Mud Bowl.  How could you not like John Riggins?

I loved the 85 Bears, I went to the game where they beat the Jets, only time I ever went to a game I wasn't mad we lost, because really, there was NO WAY we were winning that game.  Living in Dallas, I'm kind of rooting for the Cowboys, I know a lot of people affiliated with the team, so I'd be really happy for them.

I tend to enjoy teams that have something dominant but unusual about them.  For instance, I enjoyed watching the Eagles a few years ago with their hurry up offense.

i used to love watching the Rams when they had that great long ball offense, or the Ravens when they had their crazy D.

I wasn't rooting for them, but it did provide entertainment value.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

I've always liked the Bears, who also (of course) suck this year.

I've noticed I'm starting to follow college football a little more these days. I don't know if that's because the Jets have been so terrible lately, or if it's because the NFL product has progressively gotten worse.

Living in NC, college football is HUGE. I love it.   All my colleagues went to big time SEC/ACC schools and the bars are jammed on Saturday. 

My daughters went to UNC, NC State and my nephew WVU.  So I root for them. We have a local "Alabama" bar that is standing room only.

Its an experience that I never had when living in NY.

My wife is a huge Lions fan so in football terms we are a match made in heaven from a shared angst viewpoint. I go to Lions games and only root against them when they play the Jets. I don't actively root for them but its not like I'm invested as emotionally as I am with this team. My biggest thing with the Lions is there is a team out there that's history is more pathetic than the Jets. So from that standpoint yeah I kinda like them. I guess.

13 hours ago, MetsJets1962 said:

I've always sort of liked the Packers for no other reason than i loved the colours and had a hat as a kid. i went through a phase of liking the redskins when i was like 12 coz i liked John Riggins. yeah, this season i'm mostly a packers fan now.

I guess that explains what happened to the Packers.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Living in NC, college football is HUGE. I love it.   All my colleagues went to big time SEC/ACC schools and the bars are jammed on Saturday. 

My daughters went to UNC, NC State and my nephew WVU.  So I root for them. We have a local "Alabama" bar that is standing room only.

Its an experience that I never had when living in NY.

I get that. My brother-in-law went to Ohio State, and my sister-in-law went to USC. As much as I love our godforsaken team, it will never compare to devotion they (especially my BiL) have to their alma mater's team.

I went to LIU. Division II football isn't the same (even though they're undefeated this year ;) ).

I like any team playing against the patriots.  I also like buffalo when they are not playing the jets and are no threat to the jets.  Buffalo is the only  NY team that plays in NY so there's that going for them.  I also root for the Browns, because I love the underdog.

i try to like the Giants, but it's just too hard.  Maybe someday.  Their history as a team is impressive and if you were alive prior to 1960, they were the only option for New Yorkers.  But I wasn't.  I had options and I went with the jets.  Goes back to why I like the Browns.  I'm a sucker for the underdog.

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If the Jets suddenly (please God) moved to another city, I'd become a Steelers' fan.  They're my go to team if they make the playoffs and we don't.

Some and lately most Sundays I wish they would move to London or Las Vegas it would make my decision a lot easier. 

Mariota is my favorite player. I'm one of those "told you so" folks about his nfl success. 

So I enjoy when Titans do well.

as a general rule though, I don't like football that much. I used to LOVE it, but a combination of garbage jets and declining product league-wide has taken away from my love a lot

Not a fan of any othere team, but when the Jets are out of the playoff picture I usually find a team or two to get behind and semi root for.  In the past years ago Pre-Rex I liked Baltimore since I'm a huge fan of dominant defenses, but this year I enjoy watching Dallas and even Oakland despite still having some ill will towards them from the playoff games earlier this millennium.

I will also root for anyone attemating to knock off the Pats and Dolphins playoff chances/seeding positioning/playoff games.

On 11/16/2016 at 0:38 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you're looking for another team to root for, there's a website for that: AdultTeamFinder.

You mean like adult friend-finder ? Because if you are not Happy at home, , wife not getting the job done, you are going to go looking for it in other places.. But you are still going to come home to the family.. Jets are my family no matter what lol..   

Archived