Have a funny feeling the Jets may win this weekend (not that it matters)

jetscrazey

The more I think about this game the more I think the Jets will keep it interesting and maybe even pull off an upset.  Of course, this just worsens their draft positioning.

But regardless, the winds are pointing in the right direction.  The Jets played well off the bye in Bowles' 1st season.  Fitz tends to play better when he's not getting any respect, and right now the whole fan base is against him starting.    Gronk is out.  Brady didn't practice today.  The Pats* defense is still trying to find its groove after shipping Jamie Collins away, and Chandler Jones is gone too.  Regardless of how bad the Jets secondary is (and it's bad) I still like the matchup of the Jets d-line against the Pats* o-line.  If they can get to Brady I can totally see the Jets being in this one

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I agree the pig is ripe for the slaughter.  I hope at the very least we bang Brady around a bit.  Smack him good early and he tends to play more tentative as the game goes on.

Oh there is going to be a slaughtered pig alright; which pig that is remains to be seen. LOL and Happy Thanksgiving....

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

The more I think about this game the more I think the Jets will keep it interesting and maybe even pull off an upset.  Of course, this just worsens their draft positioning.

But regardless, the winds are pointing in the right direction.  The Jets played well off the bye in Bowles' 1st season.  Fitz tends to play better when he's not getting any respect, and right now the whole fan base is against him starting.    Gronk is out.  Brady didn't practice today.  The Pats* defense is still trying to find its groove after shipping Jamie Collins away, and Chandler Jones is gone too.  Regardless of how bad the Jets secondary is (and it's bad) I still like the matchup of the Jets d-line against the Pats* o-line.  If they can get to Brady I can totally see the Jets being in this one

Gronk is not out.

45-10 NE

5 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Branch is suspended as well I believe.The Jets have a real chance. Kap looked good against this defense last week. Forte and Powell will be Yuge

I hate being a negative Jets fan, and I would get feelings like this in the past.  Even earlier this year.  But Fitz has been horrific.  And we just lost to the f'ing Rams 9-6.  That is, their crummy 9 points beat our ridiculous 6.  And the Pats are actually good and remain vengeful.  I think they will smoke the Jets by like 20+ points.

4 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

I hate being a negative Jets fan, and I would get feelings like this in the past.  Even earlier this year.  But Fitz has been horrific.  And we just lost to the f'ing Rams 9-6.  That is, their crummy 9 points beat our ridiculous 6.  And the Pats are actually good and remain vengeful.  I think they will smoke the Jets by like 20+ points.

The Jets have made us negative we have stuck with this team through thick and thin 47 years of no Super Bowl appearances blunder after blunder in the drafts.

We are a product of the environment that the Jets created. 

Im hoping to God Woody Johnson comes to his senses and cleans house and opens the vault and brings in some quality football minded people. 

Id like to see another Super Bowl victory before I die. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

The Jets are awful right now...No chance they beat the Patriots.  This isn't a traditional bad/average Jet team vs. The Pats (where we are competitive)

This team has already given up.  It's going to be ugly...

The last thing I want is for the Jets to win and Bowles decision to start Fitz becomes justifiable, BUT the line has gone from Pats -8.5 to Pats -7. That tells me some sharp bettors think the Jets will keep this more interesting than some expect (because you know the average Joe isn't putting his paycheck on this Jets team in chaos).

You know the players will want to beat up on the Pats and prove the media/fans wrong. I still lack confidence in this team/coaching staff but you can't discount the "us against the world" motivation factor heading into this game. 

Archived