Have Any Ideas on a Quarterback Coach????

Jet Fumes

I believe Jeremy Bates was Morton's co-OC at USC and is currently out of football.

He was the Seahawks OC for one season under Carroll and has QB coach experience.  Could be a connection if he and Morton got along well and share similar philosophies

40 minutes ago, Jet Fumes said:

Anyone... anyone.... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...?????

Someone Morton has ties to I suspect would be the best idea, right?

Or is that Godsey guy from the Texans an option here.... Asst Head Coach/Quarterback Coach????

Per Manish Godsey not an option

Trestamn was OC when the two were in Oak...Jeremy Bates was Asst HC/QB coach at USC when Morton was there..Indirectly to Scott Turner does, Morton was in Oak when Norv HC there.  David Lee has ties to Bowles from Dallas & Miami days...

All I got. 

4 hours ago, Jet Fumes said:

Anyone... anyone.... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...?????

Someone Morton has ties to I suspect would be the best idea, right?

Or is that Godsey guy from the Texans an option here.... Asst Head Coach/Quarterback Coach????

Presume someone who that Saints WR dude likes.  Maybe the assistant QB ball warmer of the Saints or somesuch.  Seems reasonable.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

i was thinking the same thing. chaddy probably still has fond memories fo the jets.  the guy was very football smart.  too bad he didn't have the physical ability.

It will probably never happen but I think Chad Pennington would be a perfect hire. I think he still does film breakdown for the NY Jets site. From what I remember, extremely intelligent, scholar athlete. Pennington's strength was his football IQ. Relaying the play to a young QB with what to look for into the headset could be beneficial no? If Chad was the QB coach, I think it makes it easier to have Petty, Hack, and a rookie with Chad playing the mentor/coach

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

It will probably never happen but I think Chad Pennington would be a perfect hire. I think he still does film breakdown for the NY Jets site. From what I remember, extremely intelligent, scholar athlete. Pennington's strength was his football IQ. Relaying the play to a young QB with what to look for into the headset could be beneficial no? If Chad was the QB coach, I think it makes it easier to have Petty, Hack, and a rookie with Chad playing the mentor/coach

I hope not.  I can't stand to even look at the guy.

Archived