Brandon Marshall speaks out on Tom Brady

faba

Jets WR Brandon Marshall listed JJ Watt and Deion Sanders among the players he believes could be the best of all time, but one player was notably absent from his list: Tom Brady.

Marshall told NJ Advanced Media during a charity event for his Project 375 foundation that Brady is "not the best player ever," adding that his idea of the best player would be "a guy that I can put at corner, safety, defensive end, a guy that I can put back on punt return, chase down kicks." He also mentioned Reggie White and Jerry Rice as possible contenders for the best player ever, but conceded that it "would probably be impossible [to say for sure]." 

Marshall has faced Brady and the Patriots four times during his tenure in New York, with the Jets losing three of the matchups.

Marshall, a six-time Pro Bowler, scored only three touchdowns in 2016 while hauling in 59 catches for 788 yards.

Tags: Brandon Marshall
 0 comments

55 minutes ago, Larz said:

post brady rule QB's are pussies and really more like kickers now

Best player ever for my money that I saw with my own eyes was Laurence Taylor.

Best player from before that based on what I have read is probably Jim Brown

IMO you have a bingo on both..;)

To say that Brady isn't the GOAT at any position isn't a disgrace.  The guys is a great great QB and winner at the QB position.  I will never have Brady as the GOAT because of the overall cheating of the Pats and how that impacts anyone's legacy.

But BM didn't say that Brady wasn't great, all he said is that he didn't think that Brady is the GOAT and that is his right.

IMO Larz above has it right

I have come very close to vandalizing the fitness center that I go to.

I come in, the day after the super bowl and they have a big white board as you go in, in which they put info and 'motivational' things.  I look at it and it says 'Be like Tom Brady!  Never give up!"    And.....they added a smiley to the end of it.  I almost kicked the damn thing down.  It's still there!

And I live in western Canada.  You can't get away from this shi*!

2 hours ago, Larz said:

I'd say Bo Jackson, but you can't go wrong with the 2 you listed.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I come in, the day after the super bowl and they have a big white board as you go in, in which they put info and 'motivational' things.  I look at it and it says 'Be like Tom Brady!  Never give up!"    And.....they added a smiley to the end of it.  I almost kicked the damn thing down.  It's still there!

Put an asterisk next to his name.   ? 

Brady will go down as one of the greatest of all time. He didn't have the talent Joe Montana and Troy Aikman had when they went through their dynasty years. Think about it when it's all said and done. He got it done with receivers who may not have the talent but have tons of heart. 

GOAT is a hard thing to put on any one player in Football. You almost have to give it to one player on offense and defense. I would have to agree with Jim Brown. The guy faced what would now be ALL-PRO guys on defense almost every game. I agree with Barry Saunders as one of the most exciting. A guy that never gets his due is Gale Sayers. Watch some film of this guy and you will see some serious skills.

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

To say that Brady isn't the GOAT at any position isn't a disgrace.  The guys is a great great QB and winner at the QB position.  I will never have Brady as the GOAT because of the overall cheating of the Pats and how that impacts anyone's legacy.

But BM didn't say that Brady wasn't great, all he said is that he didn't think that Brady is the GOAT and that is his right.

IMO Larz above has it right

I do not think he deserves to be called the G.O.A.T. NFL player either.

Brady is great and you can make the argument he is the G.O.A.T. at QB.    However, is he not head and shoulders greater than #2.  You can argue Montana is greater.

IMHO it is Rice.  He is so much better than #2 it is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'd call in the Mounties. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL Tom Brady 5 Super Bowl rings Brandon Marshall 0 Super Bowl rings. 

It took you less than a couple of months from your last ban to become insufferable again.

The f*ck do Super Bowl rings have to do with Marshall's opinion?

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It took you less than a couple of months from your last ban to become insufferable again.

The f*ck do Super Bowl rings have to do with Marshall's opinion?

A lot Marshall has a lot to say coming off one of his worst seasons in the NFL,cant handle the truth don't know what to tell you.

Welcome to IGNORE 

You've chosen to ignore content by Mogglez.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A lot Marshall has a lot to say coming off one of his worst seasons in the NFL,cant handle the truth don't know what to tell you.

Welcome to IGNORE 

And when his playing time is done he's going to literally be paid for his opinion. Not sure why you think it lacks credibility because you're not thrilled with the way he has played in one season. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

1. Please learn how to use punctuation.  The constant run on sentences are painful to read.

2. You don't think the QB you rant on and on about had nothing to do with that?

3. Curtis Martin never won a Super Bowl.  Should we ignore all of his opinions?  How about Dan Marino?  Any other ringless Jets greats?

"Can't handle the truth?  I don't know what to tell you."

L

O

L.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And when his playing time is done he's going to literally be paid for his opinion. Not sure why you think it lacks credibility because you're not thrilled with the way he has played in one season. 

Everyone has an opinion and an a$$hole.......Brandon Marshall has no room to talk about anything especially success when he's never been part of any. 

You think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a great QB I think Tom Brady is a great QB. 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Welcome to IGNORE 

I literally don't care.

Have fun with your safe space snowflake.  I've seen you pull this with almost half this forum and you still respond.

Edit: Oh look, you neg repped this too. So much for "choosing to ignore content by Mogglez".

8 hours ago, Larz said:

Yep Top 5 for me, in no particular order is probably: 

LT

Rice

Bo

Barry Sanders

Deion Sanders

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

"WELCOME TO IGNORE"

1 hour ago, BostonPride said:

Brady will go down as one of the greatest of all time. He didn't have the talent Joe Montana and Troy Aikman had when they went through their dynasty years. Think about it when it's all said and done. He got it done with receivers who may not have the talent but have tons of heart. 

Brady and Montana are VERY close when it comes to G.O.A.T (when it comes to QB).  You could make the case for either one and I'd probably just throw my hands up and say "f*ck it, it's a tie".  Even with my Fandom Bias, I lean Brady....but I loooooooved watching old films of Montana and part of my heart will always consider him the greatest.  Especially when you factor in the Era and level of competition those Niners teams played against.

As far as best player of all time...?  I don't know.  I think a lot of that talk is everyone high off of an incredible football game.  Jerry Rice, Reggie White, LT, and Jim Brown are all guys that probably deserve that honor over Montana or Brady.

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Everyone has an opinion and an a$$hole.......Brandon Marshall has no room to talk about anything especially success when he's never been part of any. 

You think Ryan Fitzpatrick is a great QB I think Tom Brady is a great QB. 

Plenty of people who talk about the NFL have never won a Super Bowl or even played a down. Come on. 

I've also never said a Fitz was a great QB. That's fake news. 

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"WELCOME TO IGNORE"

Nah. He can't quit me. 

14 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Plenty of people who talk about the NFL have never won a Super Bowl or even played a down. Come on. 

I've also never said a Fitz was a great QB. That's fake news. 

Nah. He can't quit me. 

I mean, I can be abrasive sure...you and I have gotten into it so you've seen it (lol)...but:

1.  It's a forum, I could "hate" someone one thread, and defend them in another if I agree with them.

2.  I didn't even say anything bad this time. I've had a good lock on my mouth lately, lol.  

Guess I caught him on a bad day to end up on the ignore list.  How you've managed to avoid that with the "hate-sex" tension between you two always coming out is nothing short of astonishing.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Welcome to IGNORE 

What does have how he played, his stats, have to do with him having an opinion?  If he said it in 2015 then it would have been ok?

What kind of stupid reasoning goes into that one?  Is he still being paid to voice his opinion on inside the NFL? 

Anyone paying you for yours? 

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

why would you not just simply put an asterisk next it?

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I've changed my mind on Marshall. I hope we give him a 5-year extension. No fanbase of any team has ever deserved Brandon Marshall more than you credulous ******* simps do.

Wouldn't you just love to reunite Marshall with Cutler this year? It would be my favorite Jets season ever. If its gonna be a sh*tty year, I want it to be an entertaining sh*tty year. 

Archived