Mitch Trubisky Is Going To Be The Pick

SAR I

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

For what it's worth, here's Nolan Nawrocki's scouting report on Trubisky:

"He is by far not a franchise quarterback. He’s a system quarterback in a high-percentage offense that throws five screens a game and a lot of flares, hitches, digs, and dump-offs. He doesn’t make a lot of downfield NFL throws, and he throws into coverage a lot. ... 

"He’s probably not much different than the quarterbacks drafted in the first round last year from Memphis [Paxton Lynch] and Cal [Jared Goff] who weren’t ready by any means to be drafted that early. He’s arguably the best [quarterback] of the class, but you’re going to make him the first pick in the draft and put a billion-dollar franchise on his back? ... 

"Ownership better be on-board with the long-term plan. He’s sitting in the top of the [second round] for me. I’m expecting he’ll be one of the first players selected, with the way quarterbacks come off [the board]." 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/04/nfl_draft_2017_deshaun_watson_or_mitch_trubisky_wh.html

Nawrocki was the one who absolutely nailed it with his scouting report on Geno Smith, so I pay attention to his reports. I hope the Jets trade down and get more 2-3 round picks. If not, it's high time they picked an offensive playmaker other than a QB. This isn't the year to take a QB in the high rounds.

My issue with people being critical of QBs for the short passing game.......Tom Brady.  I'm not saying mitchell is anything more than what the guy described him as but NFL QBs who are good throw 5 screens a game, slants and short crossing patterns.  the whole key is can he hit those at a very high percentage and is his arm good enough to go deep the odd time.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

why not? The old saying beggars can't be choosers Tinstar

jets fans are like homeless people who don't want a hot dog cause it's not vegan

I thank God  that he's never allowed me to be in said situation . Death before dishonor . All money's not good money .  If I can't have the lady I want, any lady will do is not for me .

I want Trubisky and if I can't have that, I'm taking the next best fit for what I'm trying to build  .  To me the best fits for this Jet roster are

Adams - He would immediately become the alpha our secondary is missing

Trubisky - Offer us true potential franchise QB ability

McCaffery - Replaces the role that was wasted by Marshall as the 4th option in the passing game, and immediately upgrades the return game on special teams before taking over as the feature RB next yr . Jets really need to add a power RB and I like Elijah Hood from North Carolina .

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Superman doesn't leap. 

original Superman 

"Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound"

meanwhile this new fake ass Superman flies everywhere 

Psssshh. Kids are soft.

Just now, Lil Woody said:

Or trade back, and then if Mahomes is still there, trade back again. Dare to dream.

There was a scenario like a month ago where the Browns could have Trubisky at 6 and the Jets could have Mahomes at 12 

i think both have risen out of that range since then. The Niners and Bears would take Trubisky and the Bills would take Mahomes. 

I don't buy all this Watson top 5 stuff but it wouldn't be all that shocking either. 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There was a scenario like a month ago where the Browns could have Trubisky at 6 and the Jets could have Mahomes at 12 

i think both have risen out of that range since then. The Niners and Bears would take Trubisky and the Bills would take Mahomes. 

I don't buy all this Watson top 5 stuff but it wouldn't be all that shocking either. 

I can't buy that.  That would be absurd reaching for mediocre at best QB talent. If we get 3 QBs taken in the 1st, I'll be very surprised. 

Trubisky 25, Kizer 35, Mahomes 40, Watson 70 is where I'd say they are appropriate value. Of course they will go higher as QBs. But the kind of reaching you are suggesting here goes way beyond your typical draft day lunacy.

8 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I can't buy that.  That would be absurd reaching for mediocre at best QB talent. If we get 3 QBs taken in the 1st, I'll be very surprised. 

Trubisky 25, Kizer 35, Mahomes 40, Watson 70 is where I'd say they are appropriate value. Of course they will go higher as QBs. But the kind of reaching you are suggesting here goes way beyond your typical draft day lunacy.

2 in the top 32 picks? I think 3 in the top 12 is looking more realistic. Desperation is a bitch dude 

a 25% chance at a FQB is better than 75% of a chance at a safety.

That's how screwed this team is without one. And how important QB is overall

Like Eric Berry's a great player but the Chiefs problem is Alex Smith and no matter how awesome Eric Berry plays, he can't fix what's wrong with the Chiefs. 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

completely uninterested in the schedule that was released a few days ago, I don't believe in my head coach, I don't like a single player on the roster, I'm about as unenthused as I've ever been as a Jets fan.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

Yup, I've noticed that I'm rather less blindly enthusiastic than usual. I'm interested in the draft, but just barely. I feel like the Jets have finally become the Knicks in that they are sh*tty and have no direction largely in part because ownership is incompetent. Unfortunately ownership isn't replaced too often which is even more demoralizing.

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

2 in the top 32 picks? I think 3 in the top 12 is looking more realistic. Desperation is a bitch dude 

a 25% chance at a FQB is better than 75% of a chance at a safety.

That's how screwed this team is without one. And how important QB is overall

Like Eric Berry's a great player but the Chiefs problem is Alex Smith and no matter how awesome Eric Berry plays, he can't fix what's wrong with the Chiefs. 

That argument kind of falls apart on you though because Alex Smith is probably better than everyone in this class.

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

on the other hand if trubitsky is worth the 6 pick and has really good potential (rookie year starter) then you kill two birds with one stone.  yep, mac would look like a fool for drafting hack but it's better to fix a mistake instead of just letting run along.  not saying hack isn't the guy.  hopefully the jets have already gaged his ability for this season.

You don't look like a fool for picking a guy you like in '16 and then a guy you like at least as much in '17.  On on hand we whine that we passed on Carr or Bridgewater because we drafted Geno the year before, now it makes you look like a fool to keep trying to upgrade the most important position on the team.  If you play both and Hack looks decent and Trubiski better you can still trade Hack and get a return.  

The foolish move is to stand pat, pass on a player who sitting there for taking who will improve the team because you're worried how it will make you look if you do.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You don't look like a fool for picking a guy you like in '16 and then a guy you like at least as much in '17.  On on hand we whine that we passed on Carr or Bridgewater because we drafted Geno the year before, now it makes you look like a fool to keep trying to upgrade the most important position on the team.  If you play both and Hack looks decent and Trubinski better you can still trade Hack and get a return.  

i agree.  not my opinion on the foolishness.  mac is hired to evaluate the players.  he saw something in hack and that's okay by me.  and i don't have any issue with them grabbing trubitsky at 6 as long as he's worth the 6 pick.  let hack and trubitsky fight it out and hopefully one will be the guy.  and, as you said, they will always have some value regardless.

3 hours ago, varjet said:

The Jets just hired John Morton and Jeremy Bates and are rumored to incorporate a power running/WCO offense.  On that basis I think Trubisky could be a better fit for the Jets than Watson.

With Watson, we only know what we know.  He has velocity issues, will play in the Meadowlands in Winter, and threw alot of balls up to monster receivers.  He is a winner.  I could see Gailey coming up with an offense for Watson.  But for the Jets now, Trubisky is probably better.

Adams

Howard

Hooker/Trubisky (can't really decide)

Trubisky/Hooker

Fournette

That's my draft board.

Thats cool. Watson is perfectly suited for the WCO according to his scouting report. The velocity thing is based on 1 radar gun at the combine. He was good enough to take Bama on and almost beat them twice. He also made Lattimore look like an amateur in the OSU game. I don't see much from Trubisky and if the League wasn't so QB hungry I bet Trubisky would fall far.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

I hope your right.  if he falls to the 2nd it'll be the Geno Smith all over again. 

At least Watson is a nice kid

Watson is ten times as mature as Geno"friggin"Smith. You don't have to worry about Watson on that score. The guy will make whoever drafts him look smart. Probably why Mac won't do it.

We're not drafting Trubisky.  Or any QB.

We're going to waste an entire year with McCown.  And maybe Hack might get to take some #2 snaps in practice.  Why rush him, amirite?

Won;t shock me at all if we go Safety, CB, LB, DT, CB, Safety, Safety this draft.

This team and it;s leadership seems to be a joke.  So why not joke about our picks?  

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

And maybe Hack might get to take some #2 snaps in practice.  Why rush him, amirite?

You are right actually. Fill the pipeline with prospects and develop them and see who rises to the top. I get that you are just trying to be irreverent here, but that's actually the best thing they could do for him if that's the course his development requires. I don't think there's any way they get through the year without forcing him into action to see what we have in him, but that's how it goes today.  The days of having good prospects watch and learn and mature for 3 years are gone.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

i agree.  not my opinion on the foolishness.  mac is hired to evaluate the players.  he saw something in hack and that's okay by me.  and i don't have any issue with them grabbing trubitsky at 6 as long as he's worth the 6 pick.  let hack and trubitsky fight it out and hopefully one will be the guy.  and, as you said, they will always have some value regardless.

LOL...who would have an issue taking Trubisky at 6 if he turned out to be the real deal?

Problem is, IMO, there are positions on an NFL roster where you can 'wait for the value pick' in the draft...but QB ain't one of them, at least with any successful track record, especially for the consensus top QBs in a draft.

Maybe you luck into a Wilson in Rd 3 or a Prescott in Rd 4...but those guys weren't mentioned as the 'top guys' those years so a discussion like this wasn't entertained on their behalf.

If you want one of the consensus top 2-4 QBs in any given draft, you just take them when you can or maneuver into a position to get the guy you want.  The consensus may be wrong as to who those guys are, but that's what you need to trust the scouting staff to determine.

Thursday will be interesting to say the least.

Ok so after doing some reading, and listening to certain people who talk draft based on what they hear from executives not what they think personally what a team should do I'd be VERY SHOCKED if the Jets don't take Trubisky at 6 if he is available, only way they don't take him it sounds like is if Cleveland meets the Jets asking price nothing less (maybe Bills also, but a Jets Bills draft trade doesn't usually happen).

Also it sounds like Trubisky most likely won't be there at 6, and Watson's name is being floated around at 6 to the Jets FML!

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Ok so after doing some reading, and listening to certain people who talk draft based on what they hear from executives not what they think personally what a team should do I'd be VERY SHOCKED if the Jets don't take Trubisky at 6 if he is available, only way they don't take him it sounds like is if Cleveland meets the Jets asking price nothing less (maybe Bills also, but a Jets Bills draft trade doesn't usually happen).

Also it sounds like Trubisky most likely won't be there at 6, and Watson's name is being floated around at 6 to the Jets FML!

I don't think Trubisky will be there at 6 either, I think either the 49ers take him or the Browns are going to trade up to get him before 6. Watson will definitely be there at 6, and will be a tragic move it the Jets take him there.

17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah because Ive seen them for 12k-13k.  You impatient rascal. I did that years ago when I got my C36 AMG.  Years ago!!!

True on all counts.  Impatient.  Waited a year on a bloody waiting list with several AD's and barely moved up 2 spots on them all combined.

Grey prices were in the 20's a year ago, have fallen into that $17K range now, I decided enough was enough and pulled the trigger.  I'm a watch collector and I have several pieces I just don't wear anymore, flipping a few didn't hurt me emotionally and provided the extra cash necessary.

C36 AMG.  Yum.

SAR I

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

How do I know?

Because I'm sitting here dreading the May 1 deadline for writing a check for $5,500 for this year's season tickets, completely uninterested in the schedule that was released a few days ago, I don't believe in my head coach, I don't like a single player on the roster, I'm about as unenthused as I've ever been as a Jets fan.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

There is only one thing that can turn around a disinterested fanbase and that's a hot young quarterback.  People get excited about that.  Fans show up for that.  I know I would.

So Trubisky it is.  It's simply good for business.

SAR I

Maybe in the 2nd now?  Just wait in the next 48 hrs you know this story is going to break open and it will be Trubisky who was the assaulter.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/35212753/are-cleveland-police-stalling-a-sex-assault-report-involving-a-top-nfl-draft-prospect-carl-monday-investigates

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -

Just days away from the NFL Draft and a first round hopeful has been accused of a sexual assault.

According to a statement from the player’s attorney, Kevin Spellacy, he acknowledges police are investigating the accusation. No charges have been filed against the player.

Cleveland 19 is not naming the player at this time, despite having a statement from his attorney.

Spellacy says his client was in Cleveland with a group of friends and had met a 23-year-old woman in Cleveland’s Warehouse District, at the Barley House on April 8. The next morning, April 9, around 3:50 a.m., an off-duty police officer called for police and EMS for an alleged sexual assault victim at the downtown Westin Hotel, according to EMS and police dispatch. Officers and EMS arrived on scene, took statements, and the woman was transported to a local hospital. The player was not there when police arrived.

It's been two weeks since the alleged sex assault took place.

CBS Cleveland 19 has asked for the Cleveland police report multiple times, and has been given no response as to why an initial or completed report isn’t available nearly two weeks later. Our team was first told to contact Cleveland Sex Crimes, then was referred to Chief Calvin Williams. In compliance with Cleveland public record retention policy, our investigative team formally filed several record requests. Cleveland Public Records told Cleveland 19 in a response to our request for the incident report that they were waiting for the report from police.

What’s the delay with filing the report? We’ve learned that the player himself will come to Cleveland and provide a statement to police after the NFL Draft, according to Spellacy. So far, Spellacy has provided the Cleveland Police Department with one of three statements from eyewitnesses, which, Spellacy said, show the accusations are unfounded.

Are Cleveland police dragging their feet filing this report to help the young man get drafted into the NFL? We visited Cleveland police records and found an unrelated rape report already on file that occurred the same day as the player in question’s case.

The difference? The case that was filed doesn’t involve a high-profile suspect with potentially millions to lose.

Archived