^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Ok sounds good but don't we have a number of WR's on this roster already. And we just picked another in Hansen. So we have Robbie, Peake, Smith, Decker (who appears to be history now) Enuwa, Marshall, Smith, Stewart, Hansen. 

That's NINE WR's. Robbie and Enuwa are locks. How many do we usually carry? 6? Cuts coming, I see Smith, Marshall and Decker ($) gone. 

Enuwa, Anderson, Stewart and Hanson are the future.  Decker's almost done, Smith is a bust. Peake is nothing to write home about. 

Just now, Sarge4Tide said:

So, if we go with 6 WRs, it  looks like

Decker

Enunwa

Anderson

Stewart

Hansen 

Smith, Peake, Patton. Or Marshall 

Decker has to be gone now.  There is no point whatsoever keeping him and his big salary.

1. Stewart

2. Enunwa

3. Hansen

4. Anderson

5. Peake?  Marshall?  Smith?

6. Peake?  Marshall?  Smith?

That's the WR Roster this year now.  Give Macc some credit, thats one hell of a young group, if any stick, they could be here a while.

Lol, NFL network talking about how MUCH we love McCown, how desperate we were to get him, how (unsaid) it's so obvious he's our starter in 2017.

Now extolling how we literally could have any QB in the draft not named Trubisky, and passed, passed, passed, showing (unsaid) how much we love McCown.

This is disappointing.  The player may be fine, but the allocation of resources is peculiar.  Also, why not take a chance on a player that many felt was a first rounder (Butt)? I am sure they have their reasons but doubling up on safety and WR while leaving other positions bare is hard to figure out.

4 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Enuwa, Anderson, Stewart and Hanson are the future.  Decker's almost done, Smith is a bust. Peake is nothing to write home about. 

I'd keep Peake and dump Decker - he's often injured and very expensive - time to enforce the rebuild. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

With all these late round picks, I really hope they take a shot at Boom Williams at some point.  One of my favorite sleepers in the draft.  

He really should have stayed in school.  I don't think he will be drafted.  Dude can fly, though.

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The jets are already the Butt of all jokes, jets don't want a Tight end anyway. Our qbs are so good they don't need that safety big dump off target 

Not to mention, every time he drops the ball it will be a Butt Fumble redux.

Archived