^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

Just now, JiF said:

Can someone recap the trade backs we've had so far and what we got for them because its hard to grasp what the **** is actually taking place. 

Can't give the ins and outs, but this is what we have RIGHT NOW:

NFL Draft 2017:
1st Round (#6 Overall):  Jamal Adams, SS, LSU

2nd Round (#38):  Marcus Maye, SS, Florida
3rd Round (#79):  ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

4th Round (#141 From Rams):
5th Round (#150):
5th Round (#160 From Vikings):
6th Round (#191):

6th Round (#197 From Rams):
6th Round (#204 From Tampa):
7th Round (#224):

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the f##k is the strategy here?  To replace our current roster of stiffs with projects and reaches and more late round stiffs?  Accumulating players is great, but if they are all late round question marks, what did we really accomplish???

Just now, Warfish said:

NFL Draft 2017:

5th Round (#150):
6th Round (#191):

7th Round (#224):

It's like he's trying to guess the number instead of picking red or black/odds or evens.  lmfao

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

What the f##k is the strategy here?  To replace our current roster of stiffs with projects and reaches and more late round stiffs?  Accumulating players is great, but if they are all late round question marks, what did we really accomplish???

Apparently, yes, this is in fact our "strategy".

Just now, T0mShane said:

The mark of a true champion 

We may have lost about 6 games in the last 2 years due to poor special teams play.  It may not be exciting but we have to fix it.  Would love to see one of these picks turn into donell pumphrey.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

First they rip Mac for not trading down and then when he does it he gets killed. Looks like they have similar grades on these players and can fill more spots. They could also trade up if someone they like is available. 

Totally - because there's no difference in what you get back when you trade down at #6 as opposed to all those 6th round picks we're adding.  No difference at all.

Three Jets trades so far;

1- Traded their third-round No. 70 overall pick to Vikings for their third-round No. 79 overall pick (drafted WR Ardarius Stewart) and their fifth-round No. 160 overall pick.

2 - Traded their third-round No. 107 pick to Buccaneers for their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick and their sixth-round No. 204 overall pick.

3 - Traded their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick to Rams for their fourth-round No. 141 and their sixth-round No. 197 overall pick.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

he didn't trade back in rounds 1 or 2, he's an idiot.  trades back in rounds 3 and 4, he's an idiot.  the people complaining are the ...

To help you understand:

Trading down from #6 nets you a later 1st Rounder Pick and a 2nd Round Pick and a 6th Round Pick (or more).  I.e. One possible starter for two possible starters and a late-round flyer.

Trading down in the 4th nets you a later 4th and a 6th.  i.e. One borderline starter for an even more borderline guy, plus the aforementioned late round flyer pick.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

he didn't trade back in rounds 1 or 2, he's an idiot.  trades back in rounds 3 and 4, he's an idiot.  the people complaining are the ...

The funny thing is this is how he did The draft last year, guess peeps forgot

You trade back in the 1 & 2 to acquire late 2nd and more 3rd and 4th round picks
You don't trade back in the 3rd and 4th to grab lots of 6 round picks who are nothing but camp fodder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

1- Traded their third-round No. 70 overall pick to Vikings for their third-round No. 79 overall pick (drafted WR Ardarius Stewart) and their fifth-round No. 160 overall pick.

2 - Traded their third-round No. 107 pick to Buccaneers for their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick and their sixth-round No. 204 overall pick.

3 - Traded their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick to Rams for their fourth-round No. 141 and their sixth-round No. 197 overall pick.

So, moving forward, it was the 107th pick into 141,197,204. 

Dropping 34 spots in the higher round and adding two late picks. Welp. Maybe it works, maybe not.

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I think it's a strategy to see if you can set a record for the most 6th round picks in a draft.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

NFL Draft 2017:

5th Round (#150):
6th Round (#191):

7th Round (#224):

Half of these back end picks won't even make the roster and maybe 1 or 2 will contribute on some minute scale. Brilliant. 

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

To help you understand:

Trading down from #6 nets you a later 1st Rounder Pick and a 2nd Round Pick and a 6th Round Pick (or more).  I.e. One possible starter for two possible starters and a late-round flyer.

Trading down in the 4th nets you a later 4th and a 6th.  i.e. One borderline starter for an even more borderline guy, plus the aforementioned late round flyer pick.

i get it.  but mccags clearly is going by his draft board.  he didn't want to pass on adams or maye, he picked maye as soon as they were on the clock.  today the draft grades are probably much closer together.  adams stood apart, and i have no issue drafting a guy at 6 who you think will be a star.  the jets need studs.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i get it.  but mccags clearly is going by his draft board.  he didn't want to pass on adams or maye, he picked maye as soon as they were on the clock.  today the draft grades are probably much closer together.  adams stood apart, and i have no issue drafting a guy at 6 who you think will be a star.  the jets need studs.

Jets draft philosophy is "First Draft Studs, then load up on Duds"

Archived