Jump to content

^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^


Recommended Posts

Just now, JiF said:

Can someone recap the trade backs we've had so far and what we got for them because its hard to grasp what the **** is actually taking place. 

Can't give the ins and outs, but this is what we have RIGHT NOW:

NFL Draft 2017:
1st Round (#6 Overall):  Jamal Adams, SS, LSU

2nd Round (#38):  Marcus Maye, SS, Florida
3rd Round (#79):  ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

4th Round (#141 From Rams):
5th Round (#150):
5th Round (#160 From Vikings):
6th Round (#191):

6th Round (#197 From Rams):
6th Round (#204 From Tampa):
7th Round (#224):

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yay a strong safety to replace our other first round pick strong safety. **** you Jets 

Macc is confident the guy he wanted at 70 will be there at 79 because no one else in the league would consider drafting him that early. 

Dude, seriously....the second best player in the entire draft fell to us. It's a good pick.  This team isn't being fixed in one year.  You need solid picks.  This is one. 

Posted Images

What the f##k is the strategy here?  To replace our current roster of stiffs with projects and reaches and more late round stiffs?  Accumulating players is great, but if they are all late round question marks, what did we really accomplish???

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LionelRichie said:

Totally doesn't jive with taking a safety in rounds 1 and 2 when the trade down was available.  

i hear you, but they are relying on their draft board up high, now playing the odds with many picks today.  it's logical.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warfish said:

Can't give the ins and outs, but this is what we have RIGHT NOW:

NFL Draft 2017:
1st Round (#6 Overall):  Jamal Adams, SS, LSU

2nd Round (#38):  Marcus Maye, SS, Florida
3rd Round (#79):  ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

4th Round (#141 From Rams):
5th Round (#150):
5th Round (#160 From Vikings):
6th Round (#191):

6th Round (#197 From Rams):
6th Round (#204 From Tampa):
7th Round (#224):

It's like he's trying to guess the number instead of picking red or black/odds or evens.  lmfao

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

What the f##k is the strategy here?  To replace our current roster of stiffs with projects and reaches and more late round stiffs?  Accumulating players is great, but if they are all late round question marks, what did we really accomplish???

Apparently, yes, this is in fact our "strategy".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

The mark of a true champion 

We may have lost about 6 games in the last 2 years due to poor special teams play.  It may not be exciting but we have to fix it.  Would love to see one of these picks turn into donell pumphrey.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

First they rip Mac for not trading down and then when he does it he gets killed. Looks like they have similar grades on these players and can fill more spots. They could also trade up if someone they like is available. 

Totally - because there's no difference in what you get back when you trade down at #6 as opposed to all those 6th round picks we're adding.  No difference at all.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Three Jets trades so far;

1- Traded their third-round No. 70 overall pick to Vikings for their third-round No. 79 overall pick (drafted WR Ardarius Stewart) and their fifth-round No. 160 overall pick.

2 - Traded their third-round No. 107 pick to Buccaneers for their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick and their sixth-round No. 204 overall pick.

3 - Traded their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick to Rams for their fourth-round No. 141 and their sixth-round No. 197 overall pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

he didn't trade back in rounds 1 or 2, he's an idiot.  trades back in rounds 3 and 4, he's an idiot.  the people complaining are the ...

To help you understand:

Trading down from #6 nets you a later 1st Rounder Pick and a 2nd Round Pick and a 6th Round Pick (or more).  I.e. One possible starter for two possible starters and a late-round flyer.

Trading down in the 4th nets you a later 4th and a 6th.  i.e. One borderline starter for an even more borderline guy, plus the aforementioned late round flyer pick.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

he didn't trade back in rounds 1 or 2, he's an idiot.  trades back in rounds 3 and 4, he's an idiot.  the people complaining are the ...

The funny thing is this is how he did The draft last year, guess peeps forgot

Link to post
Share on other sites

You trade back in the 1 & 2 to acquire late 2nd and more 3rd and 4th round picks
You don't trade back in the 3rd and 4th to grab lots of 6 round picks who are nothing but camp fodder


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a very top heavy draft but very deep as well. Can we wait and see who we get before complaining. Looks to me from most draft boards that 4th through 6th round is very small drop off. Time will tell. 

Then again I want what I want and I want it now. Fire everyone. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Three Jets trades so far;

1- Traded their third-round No. 70 overall pick to Vikings for their third-round No. 79 overall pick (drafted WR Ardarius Stewart) and their fifth-round No. 160 overall pick.

2 - Traded their third-round No. 107 pick to Buccaneers for their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick and their sixth-round No. 204 overall pick.

3 - Traded their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick to Rams for their fourth-round No. 141 and their sixth-round No. 197 overall pick.

So, moving forward, it was the 107th pick into 141,197,204. 

Dropping 34 spots in the higher round and adding two late picks. Welp. Maybe it works, maybe not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Three Jets trades so far;

1- Traded their third-round No. 70 overall pick to Vikings for their third-round No. 79 overall pick (drafted WR Ardarius Stewart) and their fifth-round No. 160 overall pick.

2 - Traded their third-round No. 107 pick to Buccaneers for their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick and their sixth-round No. 204 overall pick.

3 - Traded their fourth-round No. 125 overall pick to Rams for their fourth-round No. 141 and their sixth-round No. 197 overall pick.

I think it's a strategy to see if you can set a record for the most 6th round picks in a draft.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Can't give the ins and outs, but this is what we have RIGHT NOW:

NFL Draft 2017:
1st Round (#6 Overall):  Jamal Adams, SS, LSU

2nd Round (#38):  Marcus Maye, SS, Florida
3rd Round (#79):  ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

4th Round (#141 From Rams):
5th Round (#150):
5th Round (#160 From Vikings):
6th Round (#191):

6th Round (#197 From Rams):
6th Round (#204 From Tampa):
7th Round (#224):

Half of these back end picks won't even make the roster and maybe 1 or 2 will contribute on some minute scale. Brilliant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

To help you understand:

Trading down from #6 nets you a later 1st Rounder Pick and a 2nd Round Pick and a 6th Round Pick (or more).  I.e. One possible starter for two possible starters and a late-round flyer.

Trading down in the 4th nets you a later 4th and a 6th.  i.e. One borderline starter for an even more borderline guy, plus the aforementioned late round flyer pick.

 

i get it.  but mccags clearly is going by his draft board.  he didn't want to pass on adams or maye, he picked maye as soon as they were on the clock.  today the draft grades are probably much closer together.  adams stood apart, and i have no issue drafting a guy at 6 who you think will be a star.  the jets need studs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Augustiniak said:

i get it.  but mccags clearly is going by his draft board.  he didn't want to pass on adams or maye, he picked maye as soon as they were on the clock.  today the draft grades are probably much closer together.  adams stood apart, and i have no issue drafting a guy at 6 who you think will be a star.  the jets need studs.

Jets draft philosophy is "First Draft Studs, then load up on Duds"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...