Jets lose scouting director Rex Hogan to Colts

T0mShane

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

One of the more established scouting minds on the staff leaves the Jets. Post-mortem: you won't notice the difference.

He's left a gaping hole in the Jets scouting department. Maybe now we'll see a pro bowl slip through the cracks and play out good for us. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

He's left a gaping hole in the Heys scouting department. Maybe now we'll see a pro bowl meet slip through the cracks and play out good for us. 

Sign me up for the pro bowl meet slip.

8 hours ago, sciond said:

We can't keep talent. I wonder if this deal was made pre-draft.

When I saw this I wondered the same thing. It would have to have been a disagreement on the draft strategy if he was let go prior to the draft and they just announced it. I could see that being a scenario. Or maybe the first rat off a sinking ship?

Sounds like he was going to leave to team up with his friend post draft.   More interesting is who the jets will choose for this important post.  Will they stay in house and promote someone or hire a fresh face?

Hmm;

1. no body takes our players/staff: Jet's suck, no one wants our garbage.

2. someone is poached; Jet's suck, Indy is stupid for grabbing our guy (but clearly smarter than us at the same time), now we will be good; Jet's are a HS team, so it is a promotion...

So, no matter what happens, the Jets are a joke; so why debate any of it?

Good.  Another cog in the clown show that has been our scouting department gone.  Go enjoy what those idiots in the Hoosier State call red sauce on your overcooked piss-ghetti(sic).   Say a big hello to everybody at the Peyton Manning Towering Forehead of Greatness Memorial/Museum.  

via March from the FA Rumors / Signings / Cuts thread

But league sources indicated that new Colts GM Chris Ballard is very bullish on bringing in Seattle executive Ed Dodds. The Seahawks senior personnel consultant is an uber-scout who would be in line for a promotion with the Colts and industry sources would be surprised if that doesn’t go down.

Ballard is also very high on Rex Hogan, the Jets’ director of college scouting, but he has time on his contract remaining and might not be as available. Ballard would be wise to reunite with several of the personnel men he was with back in his early days with the Chicago Bears, and one of them, Morocco Brown, could also be under consideration with the 49ers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-casting-wide-net-in-gm-search-that-might-ultimately-result-in-few-takers/

14 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Hmm;

2. someone is poached; Jet's suck, Indy is stupid for grabbing our guy (but clearly smarter than us at the same time), now we will be good; Jet's are a HS team, so it is a promotion...

Tell em, bostonmajet! Hogan was possibly the only guy in the whole organization that could get another job at the level he has here. But you get em!!!

29 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Hmm;

Exactly. This time of this board is filled with mainly SOJFs ready to bash the Jets for every piece of news. 

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Rex Hogan:  "I don't think Hackenberg is any good."

Mike Maccagnan:  "We don't know yet."

And that was that.

SAR I

Between the Hackenberg pick and the 2 safeties doesn't sound like any scout was making those decisions anyway when your GM fancies himself the best scout on staff. Bill Simmons is a dick, but did come up with the unique idea of bringing in somebody col, an "assistant of common sense" ,"  to review decisions to see if the pass the common sense test. And the past 2 Mcccagnan drafts stink. 

Rex Hogan:  "Okay great we have Adams, we have lots of top offensive weapons, olineman and pass rushers still on the board.  Here are my recommendations......."

Mac:  "No, no , no , no , no , no , no , no....we are drafting Maye, Todd likes him,"

Rex Hogan: "I'm outta here"

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

When I saw this I wondered the same thing. It would have to have been a disagreement on the draft strategy if he was let go prior to the draft and they just announced it. I could see that being a scenario. Or maybe the first rat off a sinking ship?

Hopefully the mice ? jump off and join him. 

I don't mean to be a negative same old jet fan, but I think there is some type of story here.  This was a lateral move.  

He could disagree with the approach, see the writing for Macc' departure on the wall, or realize if the GM is really director of scouting, the director of scouting is not much 

The writing is on the wall for Woody.  He needs a real team President who makes adult decisions.   Hopefully Manish or someone else can flesh this out.  

Watch the Jaguars exceed expectations this year.  

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don't mean to be a negative same old jet fan, but I think there is some type of story here.  This was a lateral move.  

He could disagree with the approach, see the writing for Macc' departure on the wall, or realize if the GM is really director of scouting, the director of scouting is not much 

The writing is on the wall for Woody.  He needs a real team President who makes adult decisions.   Hopefully Manish or someone else can flesh this out.  

Watch the Jaguars exceed expectations this year.  

The story was rumored back in March..see page 1 of this thread

Archived