Sam Darnold & Josh Rosen Staying in School to Avoid Jets?

Jack Straw

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm Woody I ask Mac which of these two QBs he will draft. 

I don't care which one he picks but if he doesn't end the answer with "either one would be great" I'm letting him go.

If he says Jackson is right there then I'm having security show him out. Sorry but until Jackson shows he can compete with a top defense he's a 2nd round project at best. 

Really don't like the arm strength of Darnold, but there's something about that kid that even Peyton Manning didn't have  .  Truth be told, I think I would rather have the 2nd pick in the draft and take the decision out of our hands .

I really like what Rosen offers .  Also, Josh Allen has less talent around him than any QB I have ever seen play in the NCAA .

rosen's arm strength is probably better for the jets, but if brady can improve his arm strength then so can darnold.  also, don't sleep on lamar jackson, he is incredible in the pocket, he buys time with his legs but looks to throw, and was clearly on an inferior team playing clemson last night.  he can throw accurately on the run and take any run to the house.  he's way better then someone like deshawn watson who only looks to throw short passes and defenses will figure him out.  jackson has great arm strength and he can throw darts all over the field.

truth, i think all 3 of these qbs will succeed.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

rosen's arm strength is probably better for the jets, but if brady can improve his arm strength then so can darnold.  also, don't sleep on lamar jackson, he is incredible in the pocket, he buys time with his legs but looks to throw, and was clearly on an inferior team playing clemson last night.  he can throw accurately on the run and take any run to the house.  he's way better then someone like deshawn watson who only looks to throw short passes and defenses will figure him out.  jackson has great arm strength and he can throw darts all over the field.

truth, i think all 3 of these qbs will succeed.  

If Darnold is drafted by the Jets and improves his arm strength the way I think Brady did, he's getting suspended by the league .  "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove " is a line from the movie "Training Day ", but with the Jets, suspicion is all you will need . 

19 hours ago, AFJF said:

This is idiotic.

Yes, all of the quarterbacks are going to sit back and wait for a top three team to have the first pick in the draft.

^This.  And no way they take millions of dollars off of their lifetime earnings in the NFL.  I think Matt Leinert might have provided a valuable lesson for those guys.

Shefter says he's heard "It's possible" that they will both stay in school. Well neither is a senior so yes "it's possible" Is it likely? No.

Don't likesome of the things being reported about Rosen's personality. Multiple reports that he does not get along well with teammates. This can be ignored at alot of positions but not at QB.

Hello I am an NFL draft scout analyst expert and forget about Rosen and darnold for a second allow me to assert my scouting skills and point you towards Lawrence Jackson and Josh Allen they are so athletic and NFL teams are simultaneously hot for both but too stupid to craft an offense that fits their skills bc they're racist oh wait they suck vs legitimate football competition never mind allow me to show you this Sam Darnikd highlight where I break down his footwork I am an NFL draft scout analyst expert listen to me muse about wordsmithing

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hello I am an NFL draft scout analyst expert and forget about Rosen and darnold for a second allow me to assert my scouting skills and point you towards Lawrence Jackson and Josh Allen they are so athletic and NFL teams are simultaneously hot for both but too stupid to craft an offense that fits their skills bc they're racist oh wait they suck vs legitimate football competition never mind allow me to show you this Sam Darnikd highlight where I break down his footwork I am an NFL draft scout analyst expert listen to me muse about wordsmithing

After yesterdays performance Jackson has officially been dropped to 4th on my QB Big Board

I think the fact that there can even be rumors that 2 QBs would consider risking $30mm to stay in school because they don't want to play for a team in the best city in the World because its management is so messed up is reason in and of itself to fix it, or for someone to fix it for them.

They may have been what Casserly was told to do, but I think his job was hijacked by other forces.

This should give Goodell great concern.  The Draft is a big event.  How cool would it be to parade these 2 guys out on the stage excited about their future?  Instead we are going to get press like we had with Elway and the Mannings about how these players don't want their careers ruined by greedy shortsighted losers.

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

That was a manufactured competition. SD would have given up their next 2 firsts to move up and Indy would have declined. 

This is actually close.

Manufactured? I never heard that spin before.

Leaf went #2 and would have gone #2 regardless.

Beathard , Chargers GM at the time was no slouch either with his teams making a bunch of SB appearances and wins.

Bad pick. It happens. Let hope it doesnt happen to NYJ in 2018

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I know I'm flooding this thread with energetic double posts but hey guys...that jump pass on the first overtime possesion..c'mon...that was ridiculously amazing.

that was indeed awesome

I've only watched him twice, but he definitely gets better as the game goes on

I just don't feel like he will be a jet. its weird.  I just feel like I am watching another teams QB when I watch him. That's why I can't get into him. Its like flirting with an engaged chick

51 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

After yesterdays performance Jackson has officially been dropped to 4th on my QB Big Board

He isn't even on my "big board". You take away his legs and he's nothing. When you draft a franchise QB, you want a guy that will age well and give you 15 Years of production. Jackson has the potential to be great for a couple of years but will soon fade once he takes a pounding and is left with sub par passing skills. I'd sooner take a safety.

7 hours ago, varjet said:

I think the fact that there can even be rumors that 2 QBs would consider risking $30mm to stay in school because they don't want to play for a team in the best city in the World because its management is so messed up is reason in and of itself to fix it, or for someone to fix it for them.

They may have been what Casserly was told to do, but I think his job was hijacked by other forces.

This should give Goodell great concern.  The Draft is a big event.  How cool would it be to parade these 2 guys out on the stage excited about their future?  Instead we are going to get press like we had with Elway and the Mannings about how these players don't want their careers ruined by greedy shortsighted losers.

This kind of money, you do not pass on, ever. They teach math at USC and UCLA.

Another instance of lazy ass sportswriters inventing a BS story. Kinda like Hurricane Jose is or may be gonna wipe NYC off the map and  or the world might end next week. The proliferation of site looking for nonsense click bait is endless. 

41 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Manufactured? I never heard that spin before.

Leaf went #2 and would have gone #2 regardless.

Beathard , Chargers GM at the time was no slouch either with his teams making a bunch of SB appearances and wins.

Bad pick. It happens. Let hope it doesnt happen to NYJ in 2018

The fact that their was any real doubt as to which was the better prospect was manufactured. 

I said Beathard wood have given his next 2 1st round picks to move up and take Peyton if he could have...so not knocking him. He had no choice. 

37 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

The fact that their was any real doubt as to which was the better prospect was manufactured. 

I agree.  I remember the '98 draft there were a lot of contrarians who simply didn't like Manning and wanted to say someone else was better.  That was a big reason Leaf got the hype

13 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

What are the chances of Mason Rudolph moving ahead of Jackson on draft boards to join Sam and the two Josh's in top 4?

I don't know that Josh Allen is top-4 anymore.  He's on a bad team but he isn't showing anything to warrant a top-10 pick so far.

50 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

What are the chances of Mason Rudolph moving ahead of Jackson on draft boards to join Sam and the two Josh's in top 4?

Rudolph is in my Top 4. 

Josh Allen would be fortunate to get drafted late 1st round at this point. All the makings of a project with million dollar arm that doesn't have the intangibles to match.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He isn't even on my "big board". You take away his legs and he's nothing. When you draft a franchise QB, you want a guy that will age well and give you 15 Years of production. Jackson has the potential to be great for a couple of years but will soon fade once he takes a pounding and is left with sub par passing skills. I'd sooner take a safety.

wow, strong take. I'll keep you posted on my board as the season goes on

44 minutes ago, Toua77 said:

Rudolph is in my Top 4. 

Josh Allen would be fortunate to get drafted late 1st round at this point. All the makings of a project with million dollar arm that doesn't have the intangibles to match.

I really like Rudolph. He is on a top 10 team and is a senior. I like his delivery, touch and accuracy.

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I take it the whole "Abandon a season in April because like every QB is so amazing in 2018" Plan isn't going so well? 

How someone hasn't put a camera in these top running QB houses for a reality tv show is astounding. 

Momma Darnold: "Frankie?"  " How are you getting to your grandmothers?"

Frankie D: " Flying Jet Blue"

Momma D:" Dammit Frankie" " Your brother just shit his pants again, you know we don't use the 'J' word in this house anymore."

Frankie D: " Sorry Momma"

Sam Darnold curled up in the fetal position Crap running down his leg ," there is  no place like home." " There is no place like Hime." 

Stay in college and risk getting hurt. that's your right. There are other good QB prospects who will come out. I remember 50 plus years ago when a QB from a premier college took a chance and signed with a team that ignorant NFL fans thought was barely better than the Arena League.  Four years later he made history and his legacy continues to thrive.

Archived