Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KRL

NYG Wheels Are Coming Off

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

0-5 happened

Yup, when a team is told by the media that they are super bowl contenders even though they have no O line, no running game, a head case as your best player, an aging QB and ONLY a very solid defense (but not top 1 or 2), you have a recipe for disaster.

It's not unlike what happened to Bowles. Had unexpected good year in first year (easy schedule). Everyone thinks the team is better than they really are. Schedule gets tougher and you get a trainwreck of a season. 

 I still think the Giants will find a way to win a few games. They aren't talent-less. And losing Odell is addition by subtraction in my opinion.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Giants 0-5, the players pulling a mutiny, and the QB being roasted in the media. Wow this usually happens to the Jets. Its kind of refreshing isn't it? The shoe is on the other foot Giants Fans how does it fit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The Giants 0-5, the players pulling a mutiny, and the QB being roasted in the media. Wow this usually happens to the Jets. Its kind of refreshing isn't it? The shoe is on the other foot Giants Fans how does it fit?

Giants fans are in hiding. Take notice when you go out to Home Depot or the grocery store no one has any Giants gear on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sciond said:

Snacks, Geno, and Marshall have really enhanced their locker room culture. A finely tuned machine

My one regret in the whole thing is that Brandon Marshall got hurt and will not be there to lead them through this delicate time for their franchise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maddog45 said:

I say injuries killed that team and gm for not having running backs

I don't even think you watch football, a least not the same I do. Jerry Reese past 5 drafts have been horrendous despite OBJ, Shepard and Collins (who had one of the worst rookie season I have ever seen). Firing a 2 time Super Bowl Champion for Ben McAdoo, playing a revolving door at LT, Eli Apple, no run game. This team had way too many problems before the injuries even occur. Ben McAdoo play calling may be worst than Chan Gailey's last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sciond said:

Snacks, Geno, and Marshall have really enhanced their locker room culture. A finely tuned machine

They needed good leaders to help offset Odell and brought in two Stone cold knuckleheads. These guys make the jets look like a well tuned franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maddog45 said:

I say injuries killed that team and gm for not having running backs

Injuries? What injuries? Odell just got hurt. Eli healthy. I'm sure they have a couple of guys banged up just like every other team in the NFL. They're just not that good and Eli can't win with an sub par or even average team. The guy misses the playoffs far more often than he makes it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

This whole Giant thing gives credence to never signing high priced / highly rated, supposed star FA's, and just going with solid players and younger talent. 

 

Agree. Read an article a while back which tracked high priced big star free agents from only the previous three years before. And none of them were any longer with the team they had signed for.

I used to think it must be worth something to get a lot of veteran free agents together on a team and use all that experience to make a run. But it seems like folly as most vets are too set in their ways to integrate successfully into a team if there are a lot of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

I say injuries killed that team and gm for not having running backs

Worst O Line in the league?   Def. bottom 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

While the suspension doesn't sound good, looking at the article, that's not even the worst of it:

I think we are all too familiar with how this goes.  If the team is falling apart this badly and turning on each other, it might be a bit of a blessing in disguise that both Marshall and Beckham are on IR.  If McAdoo wants any shot of regaining control of the locker room this year, those two would not have helped in the least.

Right now McAdoo needs a new haircut. When this season is over he is going to need a new haircut and a new job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nyjunc said:

the giants won both of those SBs b/c of the defense.  The QB has been a decent starter in this league that is very durable but he's nothing special. he has won playoff games in exactly TWO postseasons, he has never won a playoff game where his D allowed more than 20 points and this year will be the 7th time in 9 years the Giants have missed the playoffs w/ him. we have the same # of playoff apps and playoff wins in the same span.

He was the MVP in both those Super Bowls no?

How about that beat down he put on Rodgers, and Green Bay in Green Bay in 2011 divisional series?  I get Eli is not Peyton statistics wise, but the dude is a 2 time SB winning MVP, and was awesome from 2007 postseason till about 2 years ago, where do I sign for the Jets to get an Eli Manning clone for the next 13 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gints schedule isn't going to do them many favours ... @ Denver, then vs. Seattle before their bye week, that's an easy 0-7 barring some sort of miracle, IMHO.

Rest of the way - vs. Rams, @ SF, vs KC, @ Was, @ Oak, vs. Dal, vs. Phi, @ Ari, vs. Was

I have a hard time seeing them finding more than three wins max out of that lot.

I guess the crystal ball gazers picked the wrong NY team to go 0-16 this year! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a question about the Gnats, and the draft ...

Let's assume they end up with a very high draft pick - let's say top 2, so a lock for being in a position to draft either Darnold or Rosen. What would the Giants FO see as the better path from there - draft a top QB, move on from Manning in the short term, and try to plug all their other roster holes in the rest of the draft / FA? OR - flip the pick for a nice haul of draft picks this year and next, reload around Manning and try to get back into contention straight away?

This is a team who were a play-off prospect only 6 weeks ago ... I don't see them throwing in the towel and moving into rebuild mode that soon, and that easily.

So it may work in the Jets favour if a team that has a QB (or at least, still believes they do) ends up in the top 2, as it makes our chances of trading up that much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

He was the MVP in both those Super Bowls no?

How about that beat down he put on Rodgers, and Green Bay in Green Bay in 2011 divisional series?  I get Eli is not Peyton statistics wise, but the dude is a 2 time SB winning MVP, and was awesome from 2007 postseason till about 2 years ago, where do I sign for the Jets to get an Eli Manning clone for the next 13 years?

he was the MVP b/c QBs usually get them.  His D's shut down 2 all time great offenses by holding them to 14 and 17 pts, Eli's Offenses scored 17 and 19 pts.  he has NEVER won a playoff game where his D has allowed more than 20 pts in a game.  he's good enough to win with but everything has to be pretty much perfect around him to win.  His D and STs led both of those SB runs. 

he was never "awesome", at his peak(2011) he had a really good season.  he has led the league in INTs THREE times, throwing for 20 or more ach time w/ two of those seasons coming AFTER 2007(the first one was 2007).  he has been holding the giants back in recent years w/ awful play despite some decent #s. he's a solid starting QB, nothing more.  Yes I'd like the stability at the position but Jet fans would be whining about him every week if he was our QB.  you never know what you will get, one week he's really good, the next week he looks like a rookie.  there's never any consistency.

if we have an Eli clone we better get a NYG 2007/2011 postseason D if we want to win, remember outside of those 2 years where his D and STs were great he has NEVER won another playoff game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he was the MVP b/c QBs usually get them.  His D's shut down 2 all time great offenses by holding them to 14 and 17 pts, Eli's Offenses scored 17 and 19 pts.  he has NEVER won a playoff game where his D has allowed more than 20 pts in a game.  he's good enough to win with but everything has to be pretty much perfect around him to win.  His D and STs led both of those SB runs. 

he was never "awesome", at his peak(2011) he had a really good season.  he has led the league in INTs THREE times, throwing for 20 or more ach time w/ two of those seasons coming AFTER 2007(the first one was 2007).  he has been holding the giants back in recent years w/ awful play despite some decent #s. he's a solid starting QB, nothing more.  Yes I'd like the stability at the position but Jet fans would be whining about him every week if he was our QB.  you never know what you will get, one week he's really good, the next week he looks like a rookie.  there's never any consistency.

if we have an Eli clone we better get a NYG 2007/2011 postseason D if we want to win, remember outside of those 2 years where his D and STs were great he has NEVER won another playoff game.

Yeah, you're right, give me Sanchez over Eli any time.  Do you think Lincoln cared how many other battles General Meade won other than Gettysburg? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, section314 said:

Yeah, you're right, give me Sanchez over Eli any time.  Do you think Lincoln cared how many other battles General Meade won other than Gettysburg? 

Sanchez on the 2007/2011 giants they win both of those SBs.  the difference btw 2007/2011 NYG and 2009/2010 NYJ was the play of the D and STs(along w/ some breaks) not the play at QB.  even sanchez has won a playoff game where his D allowed more than 20 pts and he has playoff wins in as many seasons as Eli despite only 4 yrs as a full time starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jamesr said:

Here's a question about the Gnats, and the draft ...

Let's assume they end up with a very high draft pick - let's say top 2, so a lock for being in a position to draft either Darnold or Rosen. What would the Giants FO see as the better path from there - draft a top QB, move on from Manning in the short term, and try to plug all their other roster holes in the rest of the draft / FA? OR - flip the pick for a nice haul of draft picks this year and next, reload around Manning and try to get back into contention straight away?

This is a team who were a play-off prospect only 6 weeks ago ... I don't see them throwing in the towel and moving into rebuild mode that soon, and that easily.

So it may work in the Jets favour if a team that has a QB (or at least, still believes they do) ends up in the top 2, as it makes our chances of trading up that much better.

think you lock down a potential FQB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, HighPitch said:

So are you suggesting that tanking could possibly affect morale?

while i have been rooting for the Jets to win (why not) i really wanted them to tank this season and get a top pick.  now it looks like the Giants are going to have a better pick.  I don't see them winning more than 4 games and i think we pull out 2 wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Sanchez on the 2007/2011 giants they win both of those SBs.  the difference btw 2007/2011 NYG and 2009/2010 NYJ was the play of the D and STs(along w/ some breaks) not the play at QB.  even sanchez has won a playoff game where his D allowed more than 20 pts and he has playoff wins in as many seasons as Eli despite only 4 yrs as a full time starter.

So, bottom line, Eli and Sanchez are in the same draft, and they are both there when you pick. You are honestly going to tell me that you would take  Sanchez?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, section314 said:

So, bottom line, Eli and Sanchez are in the same draft, and they are both there when you pick. You are honestly going to tell me that you would take  Sanchez?

Sanchez is basically Eli w/o the team helping him.  their early careers were very similar, the biggest difference was that NYG kept acquiring talent around Eli to help him while we went into year 3 w/ 3of his top 5 weapons that would be out of football a year later and year 4 w/ Chaz Schilens and Stephen Hill as top weapons.  Eli obviously has had the better career but he's missed 7 of the last 9 postseasons in a weak division, in SB winning years w/ SB talent he could only lead NYG to 10 and 9 wins.  Eli is vastly overrated.  he's a solid starter that you can win w/ if you have a ton of talent around him, he's not a guy that turns around a franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Sanchez is basically Eli w/o the team helping him.  their early careers were very similar, the biggest difference was that NYG kept acquiring talent around Eli to help him while we went into year 3 w/ 3of his top 5 weapons that would be out of football a year later and year 4 w/ Chaz Schilens and Stephen Hill as top weapons.  Eli obviously has had the better career but he's missed 7 of the last 9 postseasons in a weak division, in SB winning years w/ SB talent he could only lead NYG to 10 and 9 wins.  Eli is vastly overrated.  he's a solid starter that you can win w/ if you have a ton of talent around him, he's not a guy that turns around a franchise.

With one major difference........Eli had two chances to win a conference championship game and go to the Super Bowl, and cashed in both times. Sanchez spit the bit both times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×