With the 9th Pick; the NY Jets Select

JetNation

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Jets lose out.

Denver beat Redskins (6th win).

Bears beat Browns (5th win).

Texans beat Colts (5th win).

49ers steal one from Jags or Rams (5th win)

All very reasonable outcomes.

Jets would then be in the running (without trading three #1 picks to do it) for the #5 pick. 

More than high enough to draft a QB in this class, if Macc wants one (the big question!).

Holy **** I just realized that bullsh*t call could help lock pats at 1 and then Jets win vs their backups to seal the deal for another useless win. Omg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Jets lose out.

Denver beat Redskins (6th win).

Bears beat Browns (5th win).

Texans beat Colts (5th win).

49ers steal one from Jags or Rams (5th win)

All very reasonable outcomes.

Jets would then be in the running (without trading three #1 picks to do it) for the #5 pick. 

More than high enough to draft a QB in this class, if Macc wants one (the big question!).

plausible scenario, thanks. I wonder whether Denver has it in them to win on the road versus the Redskins. Will they play Lynch ? (whom I have no faith in). Osweiler has shown that he can occasionally rise to the occasion. 

30 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He will be gone by the time the jets pick. Some boards even have him going high as #2 ahead of darnold. Jets played themselves out of 1st round qb. Gotta take another flier on another in 2nd I guess ha

agreed !.. unless we trade-up... we're NOT getting the QB we need  :(

41 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

plausible scenario, thanks. I wonder whether Denver has it in them to win on the road versus the Redskins. Will they play Lynch ? (whom I have no faith in). Osweiler has shown that he can occasionally rise to the occasion. 

Hard to say, Denver is pretty weak, but the Redskins are as well, the Skins are crushed by injuries, and Cousins is pretty average IMO.

It's certainly not impossible that the Skins could blow Denver's doors off at home.

20 minutes ago, kelly said:

agreed !.. unless we trade-up... we're NOT getting the QB we need  :(

I don’t see Mac trading up. He is too arrogant and would never overpay, and that is what would be needed to trade up for 1 of these qbs. Others teams will be looking to trade up too, driving the price up. Mac is a stubborn moron, better chance he trades down than up

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don’t see Mac trading up. He is too arrogant and would never overpay, and that is what would be needed to trade up for 1 of these qbs. Others teams will be looking to trade up too, driving the price up. Mac is a stubborn moron, better chance he trades down than up

I agree wholeheartedly. Macchole will not trade picks. He thinks he has done a good job so far(in his own mind) and will do his usual BPA bullsh*t.

That being said I want Baker Mayfield. If available at #9 he is the pick and I fully expect Macchole NOT to pick him.

On 12/19/2017 at 7:14 AM, jetspenguin said:

Well the 49ers, Texans and Bears will all win another one so we should move up at least a little bit... enough to trade for Mayfield I hope, if not then stand or trade down for Stidham.

Side Note- I don't want Allen even if he wears a Jets jersey in the green room.

kind of regretting a couple of the wins now. i'd much rather be sitting here with 3 wins at this point.

On 12/19/2017 at 1:47 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don't know if it'll be a trade up in the draft but I think Macc knows he has to do something bold at QB this offseason.  He can't go into his 4th season with Fitz, Fitz, McCown and then another milquetoast QB on his resume.  In 4 years he has to at least TRY to get us a QB.  I still predict Alex Smith and maybe he'll also draft whichever QB falls to our spot (Mayfield, Falk, whoever)

We have all seen this movie.  The key move here is to either trade down or bite the bullet.   Mocks have shown the Guard from ND and Ridley WR from Alabama as being the BPA there.  That would be a disaster for the Jets, if for no other reason that G and WR may be the 2 position groups that are in best shape (along with S) on this entire team.

1 minute ago, varjet said:

We have all seen this movie.  The key move here is to either trade down or bite the bullet.   Mocks have shown the Guard from ND and Ridley WR from Alabama as being the BPA there.  That would be a disaster for the Jets, if for no other reason that G and WR may be the 2 position groups that are in best shape (along with S) on this entire team.

McGlinchey's a T isnt he?

The problem with this franchise is that they are so desperate for a QB that they just reach for QBs and they always suck. 

Was Sanchez a top 5 prospect?  Not even close.  But our FO/HC were so blinded by need that they took a QB just for the sake of taking a QB.  And it didn’t work out.  And because he was a top 5 pick, we started him for at least two years after we knew he wasn’t the answer.

In this draft, it’s easy to assume that Darnold and Rosen are probably going 1-2.  Then the big question is where do Mayfield and Jackson go?  Neither are the type of QB that Macc has scouted or drafted in his career so there is no reason to be overly optimistic.  

Here is where the problems start.  If, due to utter desperation that they start looking at Allen or any of the other minimally experienced/talented QBs early, it’s going to end up being beat case another Sanchez, and more likely going to end up similar to Hackenberg.

And we will be stuck with another crappy starter for the foreseeable future or until Macc/Bowles get fired.

Either trade up as soon as the league year starts or go all in after Cousins.

12 hours ago, varjet said:

Guard is in the best shape? Carpenter is having his worst season for the Jets and every game that goes by looks worse and worse for the Winters deal. The BPA being a G or WR would be a travesty because neither of those positions should even be considered in the first round unless it’s the best generational talent at WR. Your reasoning is heavily flawed. 

Archived