88 - Jace Amaro 6'5" 265 Texas Tech

Wide Receiver (7)
87 - Eric Decker 6'3" 214 Minnesota
11 - Jeremy Kerley 5'10 190 TCU
86 - David Nelson 6'6" 215 Florida
17 - Greg Salas 6'1" 209 Hawaii
15 - Saalim Hakim 5'11 188 Palomar JC
16 - Jalen Saunders 5'9" 165 Oklahoma
18 - Walt Powell 5'11" 189 Murray State (Unofficial)

Offensive Line (9)
74 - Nick Mangold 6'4" 305 Ohio State (C)
60 - D'Brickashaw Ferguson 6'6" 310 Virginia (T)
68 - Breno Giacomini 6'7" 318 Louisville (T)
67 - Brian Winters 6'4" 320 (G/T)
66 - Willie Colon 6'3" 315 Hofstra
75 - Oday Aboushi 6'5" 308 UVA (T/G)
71 - Ben Ijalana 6'4" 322 Villanova (T/G)
70 - Dakota Dozier 6'4" 313 Furman (G)
63 - Dalton Freeman 6'5" 291 Clemson (C)

Defensive Line (6)
96 - Muhammad Wilkerson 6'4" 315 Temple (DE/DT)
91 - Sheldon Richardson 6'3" 294 Missouri (DT/DE)
94 - Damon Harrison 6'4" 350 William Penn (DT)
93 - Kenrick Ellis 6'5" 340 Hampton (DT)
78 - Leger Douzable 6'4" 305 Central Florida (DT/DE)
99 - TJ Barnes 6'6" 360 Georgia Tech (DT)

Linebacker (9)
52 - David Harris 6'2" 245 Michigan
98 - Quinton Coples 6'6" 285 North Carolina (LB/DE)
56 - Demario Davis 6'2" 235 Arkansas State
58 - Jason Babin 6'3" 270 Western Michigan
97 - Calvin Pace 6'4" 265 Wake Forest
54 - Nick Bellore 6'1" 252 Central Michigan
51 - IK Enemkpali 5'11" 207 Louisville
49 - Trevor Reilly 6'5" 245 Utah
47 - AJ Edds 6'4 256 Iowa

Cornerback (5)
27 - Dee Milliner 6-0 201 Alabama
20 - Kyle Wilson 5'10" 194 Boise State
30 - Darrin Walls 6'0" 190 Notre Dame
22 - Leon McFadden 5'10: 190 San Diego State
24 - Phillip Adams 5'11" 196 South Carolina St

Safety (5)
26 - Dawan Landry 6'1", 212 Georgia Tech
39 - Antonio Allen 6'0" 210 South Carolina (CB)
25 - Calvin Pryor 5'11" 207 Louisville
37 - Jaiquawn Jarrett 6'0", 196 Temple
32- Josh Bush 5'11" 208 Wake Forest

Punter (1)
1 - Ryan Quigley 6'3" 188 Boston College

Kicker (1)
2 - Nick Folk 6'2" 222 Arizona

Long Snapper (1)
46 - Tanner Purdum 6'3" 270

Practice Squad (10)
5 - Matt Simms 6'2" 212 Tennessee (QB)
35 - Darryl Richardson 5'10" 206 Abilene Christian (RB)
82 - Quincy Enunwa 6'2" 225 Nebraska (WR) (Waived, not officially on PS as of now)
83 - Chris Pantale 6'6" 255 Boston College (TE)
79 - Brent Qvale 6'7 315 Nebraska (T)
38 - LeQuan Lewis 5'11" 190 Arizona State (CB)
45 - Rontez Miles 6'1" 210 California (PA) (S)
53 - Jeremiah George 6'1" 261 Louisiana Tech (LB) (Unconfirmed)
92 - Tevita Finau 6'4" 286 Utah (DT/DE)
62 - Kerry Hyder 6'2" 280 Texas Tech (DE)

Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) (1)
95 - Antwan Barnes 6'1" 255 (LB)

Injured Reserve (4)
81 - Shaq Evans 6'1" 213 UCLA (Draft Pick) (WR)
55 - Jermaine Cunningham 6'3" 255 Florida (LB)
57 - Tim Fugger 6'4" 250 Vanderbilt (LB)
43 - Dexter McDougle Marayland 5'10" 196 (Draft Pick)

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So... Powell, Winters, Davis, and.............. yeah, that's it.  3 out of 53 ain't bad?

Between Enunwa, Qvale, and Miles, the PS wasn't so awful though.

Ijalana is still there.  They didn't cut him or Wilkerson yet, and Kerley is just as back as Davis. Dozier's contract is finally expiring.  Good point about the practice squad.  Kerry Hyder is no joke. I hope he is able to come back from his Achilles injury.

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

What ever happened to Douzable? Is he still on the Niners? I always thought the Jets should have held on to him. 

He's an older (31) dude, probably on his way out.  The Niners cut him and brought him back.  He played a bit, but will be a FA come March 14th.  I think he was a Rex guy and followed him to Buffalo.  Bowles supposedly liked to gap more and that is probably less his game. 

He is exemplary of the reason most of us don't like to spend at 3-4DE.  Douzable + $14M in FAs at other positions > Wilkerson, Richardson, or Williams.  You can find capable players with less resources - DeVito, Pitoitua, Hyder, were all scrap heap, minimum contract guys and quite capable. 

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ijalana is still there.  They didn't cut him or Wilkerson yet, and Kerley is just as back as Davis. Dozier's contract is finally expiring.  Good point about the practice squad.  Kerry Hyder is no joke. I hope he is able to come back from his Achilles injury.

Well Kerley was actually cut, but I do get your point about the rest of them.  I can freely admit, that was mostly just my best guess of who will still be around next season, but there's certainly a chance Davis won't be (although I hope that's not the case).

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well Kerley was actually cut, but I do get your point about the rest of them.  I can freely admit, that was mostly just my best guess of who will still be around next season, but there's certainly a chance Davis won't be (although I hope that's not the case).

Davis will be back. 1000% sure of that. He was a top 10 LB this year and all they have is Darron Lee.

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Davis will be back. 1000% sure of that. He was a top 10 LB this year and all they have is Darron Lee.

There's no doubt that the Jets want him back, it would only be a question of if his price ends up going past what they are willing to pay.  The fact that nothing has been done yet would suggest Davis is interested in testing the FA market, and I'm sure other teams will be interested after the year he had.

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

The average NFL career is 4 years, my guess would be if you compare the rosters of almost any team from 4 years ago it will look drastically different outside of about 5 players.

That's a tricky statistic.  Technically true but not completely appropriate in every situation.   What is the average 'remaining' career of a player who has already been in the league 3 years?  6 years?  That original number includes a lot of guys who wash out in their first year or two.  So when you look at roster churn, you have to consider that more than half of those guys are probably still playing 3 years later.  

The way I see roster turnover measured often is by number of plays.  So you add up all the snaps for each player from 3 years ago and see what % of the total is still on your team.  I can't imagine the Jets, in this particular situation, aren't bottom 3 in the league if not the bottom.  I'm sure there's a number of teams who flirt with the bottom at any time and it changes every year.  Looking at that roster, turnover is a good thing.

14 hours ago, nycdan said:

That's a tricky statistic.  Technically true but not completely appropriate in every situation.   What is the average 'remaining' career of a player who has already been in the league 3 years?  6 years?  That original number includes a lot of guys who wash out in their first year or two.  So when you look at roster churn, you have to consider that more than half of those guys are probably still playing 3 years later.  

The way I see roster turnover measured often is by number of plays.  So you add up all the snaps for each player from 3 years ago and see what % of the total is still on your team.  I can't imagine the Jets, in this particular situation, aren't bottom 3 in the league if not the bottom.  I'm sure there's a number of teams who flirt with the bottom at any time and it changes every year.  Looking at that roster, turnover is a good thing.

A few months ago I was going through each team's drafts for last 10 years just to see how much worse of a drafting franchise we have been. Turns out we aren't as terrible as people want to believe, still not good, but we sort of fall in like the 20s in terms of success. Very few teams have players that they drafted from drafts beyond 5 years which tells me the chances of FAs sticking longer than 4 years is probably very slim as well since theoretically you'd need to play out a rookie deal and then an addition 4 years. That is how I drew my conclusion about rosters turning over. 

Fun fact if you can get 2 starters per draft you are doing really well drafting.

I think our roster right now is light years from that roster. Just because right now we don't have SUPERSTARS, doesn't mean we don't have better football players. 

We're finding out that guys like Mo Wilkerson dragged the team down because for every 3 sack game vs inferior opponents there was 4 games he disappeared because he's a lazy f*ck & doesn't bring it every week.

Just take the Eagles this year. Both lines are lunchpail hustlers that don't take plays off. Their Oline was tremendous in the Super Bowl. Look what a great Center can do like Kelsey. Kelsey vs Mo, Hustle vs Lazy. Character counts. I was so against resigning Mo for big dollars, it still amazes me how some of these guys are in the position they are in. All GMs make mistakes, my hope is that Macc has learned from his since Houston & his time in NY.

Im starting to see a track record with this guy of ignoring the Oline (Anyone remember Rex demolishing Houstons Oline in the opener in 2009?) it seems we wants to be smarter than the average bear by building an Oline with late rounders. Other than Shell, we have no one from his drafts. If he doesn't get it right this offseason & ignores this Oline, I'm not giving him anymore chances. Thats the problem with having idiots who own the team. Let's say my Dad owned the Jets, and like Kraft in New England, he brings me in like Jonathon Kraft.

After seeing the Super Bowl, wouldn't you have questions for Macc & Bowles? Like, why are we always drafting defense in an offensive league at the top of the draft? Who rated Wesley Johnson as a starter? And why did we go 2 WRs in the draft at 3 & 4 when Eiflen was there & started 16 games for the playoff Vikings? This isn't meddling, you own the f*cking team. Jerry Jones might be an azzhole but I'd take him & his son Steven over the Johnsons any day. We have zero leadership at the top. It's always deja vu for Jet fans. I'll be so pissed if they blow the opportunity in front of them this year. 100 million, high picks in every round, 3 in the top 50. THIS CANNOT BE A REPEAT OF THE IDZIK YEARS. 

Archived