B/R's Matt Miller Reports Kirk Cousins Is Deciding Between Vikings and Jets

NYJets8

Free agent quarterback Kirk Cousins is reportedly deciding between signing with the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets, according to Bleacher Report's Matt Miller, who broke the news during his Stick to Football podcast.

Miller added that he believes the Jets will ultimately win the Cousins sweepstakes, citing the team's greater cap flexibility. According to Spotrac.com, the Jets have roughly $94.8 million in cap space, while the Vikings sit at $50.9 million. That financial advantage should allow the Jets to make Cousins a more lucrative offer.

Miller's report comes after ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Saturday that the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, Jets and Vikings were the four teams "expected to be vying" for Cousins come free agency.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone think that he'd rather go to a contender in a heavy white Anglo Saxon Christian town for less money, or take more money with the Jets, who still have a lot of pieces to add and reside in Northern NJ near Harold and Kumar? I guess that's what it will boil down to at this point.

What people are missing here is that Cousins is looking for a three year deal so he can cash in one more time. He’s not going to boost his value over those three years by playing for Todd in the outdoors in the northeast with no receivers and a patchwork line while getting his head kicked in by the Pats and Bills. He’s going to Minnesota to play for titles in a dome throwing to a receiving corps that made Case Keenum look like Bart Starr. The Vikings have a sh*t-ton of money as well and John Defillippo.

33 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Does anyone think that he'd rather go to a contender in a heavy white Anglo Saxon Christian town for less money, or take more money with the Jets, who still have a lot of pieces to add and reside in Northern NJ near Harold and Kumar? I guess that's what it will boil down to at this point.

He is building a sweet house on lake MI. People seem to forget lot of players look to sign closer home. 

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What people are missing here is that Cousins is looking for a three year deal so he can cash in one more time. He’s not going to boost his value over those three years by playing for Todd in the outdoors in the northeast with no receivers and a patchwork line while getting his head kicked in by the Pats and Bills. He’s going to Minnesota to play for titles in a dome throwing to a receiving corps that made Case Keenum look like Bart Starr. The Vikings have a sh*t-ton of money as well and John Defillippo.

Are these the new talking points you've instructed your pack of wolves to spread?

I thought the Jets weren't ever in contention yet here they are..  still in the thick of it.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Are these the new talking points you've instructed your pack of wolves to spread?

I thought the Jets weren't ever in contention yet here they are..  still in the thick of it.

Matt Miller is a blogger who lives in Missouri. 

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But even if he wants a three-year deal with thirty per season, you'd think a five or six-year deal with a lot of guarantees could convince him as well, no?

Let's say it's 3 years, 90 million with 60 of it guaranteed from the Vikings vs 6 years, 180 million, 120 million guaranteed from the Jets - I think the latter offer is objectively better, no?

The only reason I still think we've got a shot here is that we're seemingly willing to get sloppy with the guaranteed money.  And if I'm a football player, I'll take the guaranteed money almost every time because of the risk inherent in the sport.  

17 minutes ago, Pac said:

Pack? We're independent thinkers pal. I bow to nobody. Much like Kirk Cousins, who won't be bowing to anyone after he demands a 3-year deal so he can cash out one more time.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pack? We're independent thinkers pal. I bow to nobody. Much like Kirk Cousins, who won't be bowing to anyone after he demands a 3-year deal so he can cash out one more time.

It's perfect for the Vikings, it's the prime of their window to win.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Matt Miller is a blogger who lives in Missouri. 

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9010233

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

LaCanfora is so consistently out of the loop that has become an industry-wide case study  in journalistic wrongness.

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/why-nfl-reporters-seem-so-reluctant-to-admit-when-they-are-wrong

1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

White Castle will be the deciding factor. 

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

If we don't take a QB in this supposedly "legendary" draft I am going to laugh as I shed tears of pain.

I'm fairly confident we're taking a QB, he'll be really good and I'm fairly confident he will have an epiphany and quit football the week between the championship game and the super bowl.

10 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

But even if he wants a three-year deal with thirty per season, you'd think five or six-year deal with a lot of guarantees could convince him as well, no?

Let's say it's 3 years, 90 million with 60 of it guaranteed from the Vikings vs 6 years, 180 million, 120 million guaranteed from the Jets - I think the latter offer is objectively better, no?

The only reason I still think we've got a shot here is that we're seemingly willing to get sloppy with the guaranteed money.  And if I'm a football player, I'll take the guaranteed money almost every time because of the risk inherent in the sport.  

If it’s true he wants $90 guaranteed on the three year deal so he can score one more monster deal, I think you’d have to do more than guarantee the fourth year, and at some point even the sh*t-ass Jets have to take a step back and consider that they’re begging a guy who made the playoffs one time to come take $150(?) million dollars in cash from them. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If it’s true he wants $90 guaranteed on the three year deal so he can score one more monster deal, I think you’d have to do more than guarantee the fourth year, and at some point even the sh*t-ass Jets have to take a step back and consider that they’re begging a guy who made the playoffs one time to come take $150(?) million dollars in cash from them. 

If the Vikings offer 3 years @ 30 fully guaranteed, then yea, we're likely done. 

But this signing just screams Jets; Bowles gets his vet, Mac gets to go BPA in the draft, both get job security, the Johnsons can sell some tickets peddling that false hope they're so keen on. 

It'd be the most Jets thing ever to roll out the red carpet for Kirk Cousins with 100+ guaranteed dollars.     

I think we're gonna do it.  And oddly enough, I think I'll be happy about it.  We don't have the balls to draft L Jackson and we have enough stupidity to draft Josh Allen.  This might be the best answer that these New York Jets can realistically summon.  

Archived