Jets bring back McCown

Integrity28

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I finally understand the horror my dad must have felt when a police friend called him and recommended that he go pick up my 16 year sister at a bar before she was busted for prostitution....

Obviously Bowles wants nothing to do with any young QB. 

MINKAH CONFIRMED.

I am going to go throw up now.....

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I think even these idiots can be given enough credit that McCown and no Bridgewater (yet) means quarterback in the first is more rather than less likely now.

Is Bridgewater official? Or did McCown rush to sign when he heard the Jets and Bridgewater were about to make sweet love, thus nixing a Teddy deal?

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I took a sigh of relief.  Bridgewater and Hack would have been unacceptable.

The Jets are hedging their bets and will have 2 GREAT team first guys for the rook.

hahaha - he's doing it. lmfao

Jets fans, “a real rebuild has to happen, it takes years to turn over the roster, bring in youth and talent through the draft”

same Jets fans, “we paid a 39 year old QB who has never been above .500 a $10m contract when nobody was considering him, this is great he can mentor mentor mentor while he takes the overwhelming majority of reps. Smart move!”

this fanbase gets what it deserves

Once we lost cousins, there was only 2 options:

1- sign McCaron to a Mike Glennon type deal and draft a qb at 6

or

2- resign McCown and trade up to get the number 1 qb on your board.

Obviously, they liked option 2.

The next move here is the Jets going up to 1 or 2 to get the #1 qb in this draft.

Stay tuned.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I think I finally understand the horror my dad must have felt when a police friend called him and recommended that he go pick up my 16 year sister at a bar before she was busted for prostitution....

Obviously Bowles wants nothing to do with any young QB. 

MINKAH CONFIRMED.

I am going to go throw up now.....

Even if they don't trade up - they have to take one of the 4 QB's or trade down - if the 4 are gone - Chubb or Barkley will be available.

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

dude....Josh McCown just got 10 mil.

Teddy's agent is going for the jugular.....

Doesn't the Jets having McCown under contract remove leverage from Teddy's camp? Why would the Jets pay more than they want to pay for Teddy. They've got a veteran in McCown to lineup under center week 1 and to tutor the QB taken in Round 1? Where else is Teddy going to sign and have a chance to win the starting job?  IMO, the Jets now have all of the leverage in the negotiation.

I've been very supportive - they couldn't be as imcompetant as many have stated - but this move is mind boggling.
Still say there's no way they pass on a QB.
Sure there is...stand pat at 6. There won't be a qb left to pick unless you want to overdraft the Louisville Slugger.

Just now, Grandy said:

Teddy isn't going to sign if he isn't starting. Rookie here we come.

This move wouldn't be nearly as bad if they don't sign Teddy too.  Still would have prefered Teddy, Rookie, Hack.

but McCown (even at $10mm) Rookie, Hack - I can live with.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Once we lost cousins, there was only 2 options:

1- sign McCaron to a Mike Glennon type deal and draft a qb at 6

or

2- resign McCown and trade up to get the number 1 qb on your board.

Obviously, they liked option 2.

The next move here is the Jets going up to 1 or 2 to get the #1 qb in this draft.

Stay tuned.

Looooouuuuuuwhoooowhoooooser ?

Just now, FidelioJet said:

This move wouldn't be nearly as bad if they don't sign Teddy too.  Still would have prefered Teddy, Rookie, Hack.

but McCown (even at $10mm) Rookie, Hack - I can live with.

At least McCown guarantees a Rookie QB. Lord knows this team would slap Bridgewater on their roster and advertise him as the savior.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Even if they don't trade up - they have to take one of the 4 QB's or trade down - if the 4 are gone - Chubb or Barkley will be available.

I would say there is less than 5% chance we take QB now. We are taking Chubb or Minkah. Book it.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

still no idea what you're talking about.. I've said a million times if you miss on Cousins bring back McCown and draft a QB.

We missed on Cousins.

I said we'd resign McCown, you said I had rock for brains for thinking we would.  But now you've been saying this all along?  You're terrible at this.  I literally said you would do this exact thing hours ago and here you are.  I own you.  You should just go radio silent and worship my every word. 

Bow down to your master. 

36 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't like this move at all. Regardless of what happens with Teddy. I don't trust this coach to not start him.

Same here. McCown as the third string coach in uniform would be fine but we all know that not even a hope with these losers

Archived