Cardinal release Honey Badger Tyrann Mathieu - MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

10 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Not sure this has been mentioned but Bowles daughter has a child with Mathieu.  Unlike offensive free agents who are scared to come here, this place is like Utopia for DBs.  Match his highest offer and bring him in.  This would be the most talented secondary the Jets have ever had, Regis and Cro included.

I agree with everything you said up until the last statement. Johnson is no way on a level of Revis to make this even fair. But to not veer off, I get your excitement.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, prime21 said:

If PFF was so good then they would be hired as talent evaluators and scourts.

12 minutes ago, pointman said:

PFF isn't really known as all that reputable.

From 2013:  "Living stateside since October, he now counts 13 NFL teams—40% of the league—as clients, including seven teams from this season’s playoff field."https://www.si.com/2015/01/25/pro-football-focus-nfl-neil-hornsby-cris-collinsworth-analytics

From 2017 "Thirty of the 32 NFL teams are paying customers of PFF"- https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/09/20/__trashed/?utm_term=.9e5fb28bebd3

I am not suggesting they are the final word on a players value, but it's a useful tool in evaluating a player for fans who think they know how a player plays based on "OMG he has more INTs than the other guy therefore he is better." 

13 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I agree with everything you said up until the last statement. Johnson is no way on a level of Revis to make this even fair. But to not veer off, I get your excitement.

You are right but if you compared the top 5 DBs from both teams, I think based on Cro’s penalties plus Kerry Rhodes or Brodney Pool at safety, I think if Adams and Maye play to their potential, the entire group is elite.

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

You are right but if you compared the top 5 DBs from both teams, I think based on Cro’s penalties plus Kerry Rhodes or Brodney Pool at safety, I think if Adams and Maye play to their potential, the entire group is elite.

My mistake, you said DB. I read it as CB for some reason. Revis was for sure a one man cast especially when he had that CB we had before Cro. 

40 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Not sure this has been mentioned but Bowles daughter has a child with Mathieu.  Unlike offensive free agents who are scared to come here, this place is like Utopia for DBs.  Match his highest offer and bring him in.  This would be the most talented secondary the Jets have ever had, Regis and Cro included.

Regis Philbin Actually Has Been Asked Back to the Jets! With Kelly, He Just Forgot

By 
17-regis-philbin.w190.h190.jpg

The more I think about this the more I want this guy he would be great in the slot and is a true multidimensional player that makes big play after big play. Dump Skrine and this looks even better cause Skrine from what I have seen saves us in the 6-7 mil range. With Johnson added to our secondary along with our two young safeties this guy would make us one of the top secondaries in the NFL 

4 hours ago, Pcola said:

He still has a long way to go to catch up to Cromartie but it's a start.

Well if it means Skrine is gone sign me up. That guy has got to go IMO.

On another note: Anyone ever work for their Father-in-Law? I have. Lasted about as long as the marriage. Not a good idea to work for your baby-mommas Daddy, especially if you ain't gonna put a ring on it. Doesn't usually work out well for either party.

Tyrann Mathieu, word has it is a real, live actual playmaker. Interceptions, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, tackles for loss, big hits, etc.

If the Jets actually sign this guy, it would be a huge departure from your run-of-the-mill NYJ player. I can't think of a single, current Jets player that could be described as a playmaker? Last one I can think of was Revis years ago?

Any way, what a novel idea to add a guy known for making big, momentum changing plays. Mac should be on this like flies on sh*t.

But all I can say is, I'll believe it when I see it. Has Mac ever drafted a playmaker? He adds guys through FA that are not at all flashy players. 

However, if he does sign him this is a huge step towards having a defense that can play well in spite of Bowles mismanagement of the defense.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Looks like he wants to be here too...I’m getting excited!!

Free agency frenzy is the stuff dreams are made of .but realistically speaking, it's gonna take lots of cash to get him for he'll have many suitors. But if he does choose to sign,  it'll say alot about what players in their prime think about the organization and the direction we're headed.

7 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Free agency frenzy is the stuff dreams are made of .but realistically speaking, it's gonna take lots of cash to get him for he'll have many suitors. But if he does choose to sign,  it'll say alot about what players in their prime think about the organization and the direction we're headed.

I think this might be a little different becauae the d-backfiel would be stacked with .  With Adams, Maybe, the CB we just signed - adding him could make this the best D-backfield in the league.  that type of thing could excite a player..

And he knows the defense and coach well...It really is a good fit.  

Mac and Bowles just have to be agile here - my guess is they spent all their money already on the CB and weren't planniing to add more - but this is where Mac has been inflexible and overly cautious before and he needs to dare to be great here...

It would surprise the heck out of me if they signed him - but it might be a sign that Mac is learning.

Archived