Cardinal release Honey Badger Tyrann Mathieu - MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honey Badger. Another guy who was there for the taking and we let slip through our fingers. I was one yearning for this guy. We have got to be the stupidest franchise when it comes to the draft. It’s just embarrassing.

8 minutes ago, BigO said:

Honey Badger. Another guy who was there for the taking and we let slip through our fingers. I was one yearning for this guy. We have got to be the stupidest franchise when it comes to the draft. It’s just embarrassing.

?? Did he sign some place else

8 minutes ago, BigO said:

I was gone for 5 minutes who signed him????

3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Jason La Canfora

@JasonLaCanfora

Heard the Cardinals were willing to go to about $9M/year with Tyrann Mathieu before he was cut. Other teams figure he wants to beat that

Seen that too. We could cut Skrine and that would pay for half of it right there if we wanted to try say.. 11-12 million per year. We could even go higher will little to no cap risk. We have the money.

Whatever it costs to get this guy. Buster Skrine has been my least favorite Jet since year 1 of his contract in 2015. This guy has been flagged for so many penalties, crucial penalties especially on 3rd down. He is just a bad player and that comment he had about "penalties not bothering him" is totally blasphemous. He is a bum, guy plays mostly the slot corner and gets ripped apart in coverage so sick of him. If someone can tell me how much me we would save by cutting him please do, not good with the #'s when it comes to contracts

If we get Mathieu, resign Claiborne or sign another similar tiered CB to slot behind Johnson it will put our secondary over the top. Reminds me and my dad of the no fly zone with Revis @ Cro days. All we need now is a darn pass rusher which we have been crying for for years which can easily be addressed via the draft. Also one of our fellow posters mentioned the efforts of Adams and Stewart recruiting him via twitter. Those are real leaders right there because they want to see our team succeed and improve. Hats off to them.

Off topic: I know a lot of the posters on here were kinda upset with Adams play last year, or rather he should not of been chosen 6th overall but his leadership skill is intangible. He may not be the all pro type flash type of player but I see him being a very good player at his position and a character you want in the locker room, see John Lynch, LeRoy Butler. He may not be elite, but he will get the job done.

6 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Nickel is essentially the base defense in the NFL.  It has been for a few years.

There are lots of different looks they could utilize.  Traditional Nickel with Mathieu as the slot CB.  Traditional Nickel with Adams replacing Williamson in a Coverage LB situation.  3-3-5 with Adams playing a LB/Safety Hybrid.

I don't know exactly how they would utilize everyone, but it would include a lot of blitzing, that I do know.

This made me realize that the jaguars will be nearly impossible for any team to defend because their O will steam roll any D that can't go Heavy. Imagine how good they'd be with a QB?

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Any know or hear if we have any interest? Are they talking to him?

I’m hoping, with all the connections and Adams and Jet fan reactions that the Jets would have gotten it out there that they weren’t interested if they weren’t interested.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I haven’t heard any connections between the two outside of fans and Jamal Adams. That’s why I’m not getting exciting just to be let down. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I haven’t heard any connections between the two outside of fans and Jamal Adams. That’s why I’m not getting exciting just to be let down. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

There have been quite a few, for the record.  Albert Breer, NFL.com,CBS, SportingNews have all connected them.  The Jets are a logical landing spot.

I tend to agree though, my gut feeling is it's not going to happen, quite possibly because the Jets don't pursue it.  I really would like it if it did, though.

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Any know or hear if we have any interest? Are they talking to him?

I’m hoping, with all the connections and Adams and Jet fan reactions that the Jets would have gotten it out there that they weren’t interested if they weren’t interested.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Well  the Badger himself is on record as saying he wants to go somewhere with a winning culture so.....yeah......ummmmm...... 

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Well  the Badger himself is on record as saying he wants to go somewhere with a winning culture so.....yeah......ummmmm...... 

I want Honey Badger and Minkah. @T0mShane will have material for years. Think of the entertainment value.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This made me realize that the jaguars will be nearly impossible for any team to defend because their O will steam roll any D that can't go Heavy. Imagine how good they'd be with a QB?

I can't remember if it was here or when I was posting on the hampur, but I made a post about how I believe the NFL is slowly(and by very small steps) going to shift away from the pass happy stage it is in now.  Partly out of necessity of not being able to have enough quality QBs.  I think within 5-10 years, you will see a lot more offenses that are similar to College offenses and a lot more that go back to focusing on the run game and play action passing.   Just my opinion, I could be way off.

Archived