Jason La Canfora" Jets are very comftorable with the kid from Wyoming they think he's got a big arm, most potential in draft.

Jetsbb

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Yep. We’re drafting Allen. This fn sucks. Continue to be the laughing stock and back to looking for a QB in a couple years. 

He tried to trade up for Wentz . And had pretty much had no interest in Paxton Lynch. I don’t think guy is completely blind when it comes to talent at the position. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

He tried to trade up for Wentz . And had pretty much had no interest in Paxton Lynch. I don’t think guy is completely blind when it comes to talent at the position. 

And then took Hackenberg. Which throws everything out the window. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

It does imply information exchange albeit probably 2nd hand. It's not as strong as "sources inside the Jets tell me" but it's certainly stronger than "you'd have to think" which was your exaggerated T0mPacian take on the exchange.

Also, kitty has claws and a hair trigger. I learned the hard way

I disagree that it’s strong. If I made a living as an “NFL insider” and I was put on the spot regarding a topic I had zero information about, the phrases “I’m told” or “I’m hearing” would be a handy set of tools. 

12 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

And then took Hackenberg. Which throws everything out the window. 

It’s doesnt at all. Drafting QBs in that round are just potential and crap shoot picks anyway (hack has all the tools but doesn’t have the mental same with Geno, Clemens had mental but didn’t have much going in the physical) .. cause it almost never works out . The percentages of hitting on a QB outside first rd are so low its ridiculous.  U get the Brady , Romo , Wilson exceptions but it’s not realistic at all . 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I disagree that it’s strong. If I made a living as an “NFL insider” and I was put on the spot regarding a topic I had zero information about, the phrases “I’m told” or “I’m hearing” would be a handy set of tools. 

You would also probably be masturbating under the desk during the on camera interview. Is it safe to conclude then that all these guys are having a wank while pretending to be more in the know than they really are? / What you would do in a situation is about as accurate a representation of what a normal person would do as using crusher as the modal for eating habits in Okinawa Japan.

I didn't say it was "strong" I said "i'm told"  is stronger than "you'd have to think", the former implies some second hand knowledge the latter is pure speculation.

We are very likely drafting Allen, get used to the idea

1 minute ago, CTM said:

You would also probably be masturbating under the desk during the on camera interview. Is it safe to conclude then that all these guys are having a wank while pretending to be more in the know than they really are? / What you would do in a situation is about as accurate a representation of what a normal person would do as using crusher as the modal for eating habits in Okinawa Japan.

I didn't say it was "strong" I said it's stronger than "you'd have to think", the former implies some second hand knowledge the latter is pure speculation.

We are very likely drafting Allen, get used to the idea

Well said, sir. And I agree that we’re probably drafting Allen. Not sure if I feel worse for him or for us.

"they think he's got a big arm, they think he has the most potential in the draft" 

I mean what in the actual F&ck is this garbage.... FACT Allen has the biggest arm, this is not a revealing thought. lol good job la canfora you are breaking news here ... lol 

think he has the most potential - maybe he does, but I would be that he doesn't achieve said potential. 

Here’s a good use of asserting the indefinite source. This is Manish today, giving a pretty informative, interesting answer to a Rosen/Mayfield question. While Manish has devolved into a troll, I do think he puts a lot of effort into getting actual information, especially when compared to his contemporaries at other NY publications.

Why are people so quick to overlook Josh Rosen’s flaws? He has injury concerns as well as character concerns. Some even question his passion and personality. With Mayfield, they heavily criticize his character even though he has much passion and is a team leader. It doesn’t seem fair. — @RyanLink723

First and foremost, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I had one general manager (of a team that won’t be in the market for one of the top four quarterbacks) tell me recently that he had Mayfield as his top-rated signal caller. Mayfield’s competitiveness and leadership should be praised. Frankly, I haven’t found a GM, scout or personnel guy to question that part of what he brings to the table. Heck, the Jets LOVE that about him too.

But, I think the Jets will hit a home run if they get Rosen. He’s the best pure pocket passer in this draft. Nobody is smarter on the board than this guy, either. He’s got the goods: Brains, physical skills and polish. I’ve spoken to scouts that believe the “character concerns” are overblown.

Here’s the deal with Rosen, according to people who have put in the time to research this guy: He’s an incredibly smart human being. Sure, he’s been outspoken about non-football matters in the past year, but rest assured that that won’t be a real factor for any quarterback-needy team.

Rosen just needs to accept that not everyone possesses the same football I.Q. as him. That will come with time. Scouts that I’ve spoken to aren’t overly concerned about that. He just needs to be around coaches who operate on that same wavelength. It’s funny, because new Jets offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates possesses many of those same qualities.

It’s why Bates had such a great relationship with Jay Cutler, who sometimes had challenges as a younger player dealing with people who didn’t have the same football smarts. Frankly, I believe Bates would be absolutely perfect for Rosen’s development. Two smart dudes talking ball. Sign me up yesterday.

Some folks wonder whether teammates will follow Rosen. There have been rumblings about whether Rosen loves football. Believe me, he loves football based on conversations I’ve had with people in the know. I firmly believe that he’ll be able to lead an NFL team.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s a good use of asserting the indefinite source. This is Manish today, giving a pretty informative, interesting answer to a Rosen/Mayfield question. While Manish has devolved into a troll, I do think he puts a lot of effort into getting actual information, especially when compared to his contemporaries at other NY publications.

Lmaoo u actually subscribed to read Manish Articles ? 

Good post tho . Manish been posting a lot his own opinion pieces lately . Which leads me to believe a lot of his real sources have left the building . He actually does that in this article . But the scouts takes are very intresting ..

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well said, sir. And I agree that we’re probably drafting Allen. Not sure if I feel worse for him or for us.

Josh Allen and Todd Bowles...they should get along just fabulously, given that Todd probably will pretend not to even remember his name (which would be rather ironic this year).  Of course I can't imagine Bowles getting along with any of the big-4 QBs.  He'll resent the f-ck out of (in his mind) wasting all those picks on a guy who won't ever play during what will turn out to be Bowles' last season as a HC. 

In his mind, he probably mis-heard that we traded up for one of the top-3 'CORNERbacks' which is the only reason he hasn't had a public hissy-fit.

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lmaoo u actually subscribed to read Manish Articles ? 

Good post tho . Manish been posting a lot his own opinion pieces lately . Which leads me to belief a lot of his real sources have left the building . He actually does that in this article . But the scouts takes are very intresting ..

I mean, there’s really no place to turn for Jets coverage. It’s a bunch of lazy kids writing bad blog posts that display no effort or creativity. 99% of the articles coming from this current Jets beat wouldn’t even qualify as a decent post on this godforsaken message board. At least Manish will stop click-whoring every now and then to type up a decent Q&A.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Josh Allen and Todd Bowles...they should get along just fabulously, given that Todd probably will pretend not to even remember his name (which would be rather ironic this year).  Of course I can't imagine Bowles getting along with any of the big-4 QBs.  He'll resent the f-ck out of (in his mind) wasting all those picks on a guy who won't ever play during what will turn out to be Bowles' last season as a HC. 

In his mind, he probably mis-heard that we traded up for one of the top-3 'CORNERbacks' which is the only reason he hasn't had a public hissy-fit.

I am really interested to see how a rookie gets on the field, especially if Bridgewater stays healthy through the preseason.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I would disagree that it doesn’t deserve its own thread. The story of the next few weeks is going to be which quarterback these idiots in the Jets front office end up foisting upon us, so any insidery stuff is interesting. The only thing that might disqualify this as thread-worthy is that it’s LaCanfora, who doesn’t even try to hide that he knows nothing.

I think we’re saying similar things. Don’t try so hard to be contrarian, it’s better when the natural prickishness just flies through you...

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am really interested to see how a rookie gets on the field, especially if Bridgewater stays healthy through the preseason.

Right now, you have to wager your entire cam ho budget for the year, Mac / Bowles are targeting Mayfield or Allen at 3?

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Right now, you have to wager your entire cam ho budget for the year, Mac / Bowles are targeting Mayfield or Allen at 3?

Allen, because I think Bowles will want the built-in excuse not to play him and because Maccagnan has no idea what he’s looking at. If you draft Mayfield, you have to start him because he’ll be a mammoth celebrity who will be in everyone’s face. Allen will fade into the wallpaper.

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Doesn't really matter; who ever the pick is going to be deigned to be Da Man. And really that's how it should be. If they pick the guy they think less of, doesn't help anyone to cry about the guy you didn't get. 

25 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Awesome. We’ve been linked to every quarterback in the draft.

Isnt this a good thing? No one knows what we are actually going to do. Secondly, there is solid rational justification to take any of the top four QBs. That is the beauty of Mac's trade up. It firmly puts the JETS in position to get a guy who has the highest probability of success at QB since like forever. Yes, each has flaws. But we are assured of getting at least one of them. That wasnt possible two weeks ago. No matter how this shakes out, we will be in a better position than before. And this doesnt take into account that we have Teddy on the team. In 2018 and going forward, it is all about upside for the JETS, with McCown being the floor. Things could be a lot worse.................

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Allen, because I think Bowles will want the built-in excuse not to play him and because Maccagnan has no idea what he’s looking at. If you draft Mayfield, you have to start him because he’ll be a mammoth celebrity who will be in everyone’s face. Allen will fade into the wallpaper.

Right, so why are you trying to parse Canfora's words to convince yourself otherwise?

29 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Shoot me now if this is true.

Edit:   Just watched it and thank goodness the thread title is a bit misleading.  Quite clear that he doesn't have any inside information.

The thread title is exactly what dude said. What’s misleading ? 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Doesn't really matter; who ever the pick is going to be deigned to be Da Man. And really that's how it should be. If they pick the guy they think less of, doesn't help anyone to cry about the guy you didn't get. 

I don't want Allen, but I will root for him and hope he bucks some serious trends working against him.

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Right, so why are you trying to parse Canfora's words to convince yourself otherwise?

Because that’s how objective I am. Even when the information confirms my belief, I still seek the truth in that information. Very Buddhist of me, really.

I’m not surprised at all by this. I think Mac is cool with either Rosen, Darnold, or Allen. He didn’t trade up with the hopes of Rosen or Darnold falling to him although he’s positioned himself to pick either up if they do drop (If Barkley or Allen goes in the top 2)

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They might actually be getting this right for once. They’ll have (guessing the draft a QB at 3) a lower jag starter in McClown, a potential franchise QB in London Bridges and a possible HOF at 3. Obviously this is the best case scenario but it gives the team options. They know McClown can show up on Sunday so there’s at least a starter, London bridges might be back in pro bowl form so he could be the future QB if the rookie doesn’t pan out. 

37 minutes ago, oc_jet said:

Isnt this a good thing? No one knows what we are actually going to do. Secondly, there is solid rational justification to take any of the top four QBs. That is the beauty of Mac's trade up. It firmly puts the JETS in position to get a guy who has the highest probability of success at QB since like forever. Yes, each has flaws. But we are assured of getting at least one of them. That wasnt possible two weeks ago. No matter how this shakes out, we will be in a better position than before. And this doesnt take into account that we have Teddy on the team. In 2018 and going forward, it is all about upside for the JETS, with McCown being the floor. Things could be a lot worse.................

One of the four QBs would of been there at six so they shouldn’t of traded up if they liked all four. 

Archived