Rosen Fans

Skeptable

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/17/2018 at 6:23 PM, Thai Jet said:

They were right about Manning at Tennessee. They won the National Championship the year AFTER Peyton graduated. Oh their QB that year....the wonderfully talented .....Tee Martin. lol

If only this site was around in 1998 Peyton would be getting bashed here is a weak armed prima donna who never won the big game and Ryan Leaf was going to be a “leader of men”

On 4/17/2018 at 2:39 PM, Philc1 said:

About same arm strength as Peyton who didn’t have a cannon either.  He’s not in the Chad Pennington or Ryan Fitzpatrick category of can’t throw past 10 yards that is absolutely ridiculous and false

Peyton's spiral always had a slight wobble mid-flight

Please stop comparing Josh Rosen to one of the top 2 or 3 guys to ever play the game.

Just because Manning didn’t have a strong arm has close to no relevance that Rosen doesn’t have a strong arm.

Manning’s, at the start of his career, had a stronger arm than Rosen. And he didn’t already have shoulder surgery on it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I want Rosen so bad that I’m legitimately scared about any other QB being available. I don’t know how I’ll react if he’s available and we take someone else. 

I’m really hoping that Darnold, Baker, Allen, Jax, Mason, Lauletta, Saquon, and Chubb are all off the board before we pick 3rd overall. 

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I want Rosen so bad that I’m legitimately scared about any other QB being available. I don’t know how I’ll react if he’s available and we take someone else. 

I’m really hoping that Darnold, Baker, Allen, Jax, Mason, Lauletta, Saquon, and Chubb are all off the board before we pick 3rd overall. 

Taking Mayfield over Rosen will be the next O’Brien over Marino moment

On 4/17/2018 at 3:39 PM, HessStation said:

You freaking guys and quoting the whole OP and me trying to scroll through this thread on my phone.

I never understood why people do this. As if the OP’s dictonairy wasn’t long enough, now they’re quoting him. 

On 4/17/2018 at 1:49 PM, JiF said:

Poor little guy could have hurt himself taking a fall like that and someone is just sitting their filming it?

CALL PETA!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow it's not as cute when I do it.  Plus, half the time the bottle breaks and the carpet smells like Jim Beam for months.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Love how the Manziel part deux fans get so offended if you compare Rosen to Peyton

Lol Only the biggest idiots would do that. It’s such a laughable comparison. I thought someone on here was joking :)

One was a qb Who lived and breathed football growing up under his father, the other grew up in socal son of rich daddy doc. We know Peyton would would be a tremendous leader, josh Rosen loves tennis and many other things in life other than football. Talks about what business he wants “ after “ football. Even before he starts ??

They had to drag Peyton from the game, I’d be amazed if Rosen plays more than 8 years. Especially on the jets, where he will definately get banged up playing behind a Mac Oline. He can’t escape any pressure and is a fragile qb.

He has a chance to be very good with a strong Oline ( that will never bf the jets ) but Peyton Manning? ???

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol Only the biggest idiots would do that. It’s such a laughable comparison. I thought someone on here was joking :)

One was a qb Who lived and breathed football growing up under his father, the other grew up in socal son of rich daddy doc. We know Peyton would would be a tremendous leader, josh Rosen loves tennis and many other things in life other than football. Talks about what business he wants “ after “ football. Even before he starts ??

They had to drag Peyton from the game, I’d be amazed if Rosen plays more than 8 years. Especially on the jets, where he will definately get banged up playing behind a Mac Oline. He can’t escape any pressure and is a fragile qb.

He has a chance to be very good with a strong Oline ( that will never bf the jets ) but Peyton Manning? ???

I want Rosen more than anyone, but comparing him to one of the GOATS is setting him up to fail. No one will ever be Peyton.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Love how the Manziel part deux fans get so offended if you compare Rosen to Peyton

But many of those same people will instantly compare Mayfield to Brees as if it's so obvious they're annoyed to even have to waste the time to type it.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Why will the Jets never have a strong O-Line?

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why will the Jets never have a strong O-Line?

Is that a serious question ? Mac has made it well known, the Oline is ALWAYS the last on his list as importance. Ok maybe it’s just in front of kicker. He has not took a Oline before the 5th round since he got here. Our line has been in shambles for yrs. Im sure almost every other team in nfl has picked a Olineman once in top 3-4 rounds in past 4 years.

We have a HC Who the gm caters too, and he wants all D players. Im not saying our line won’t improve, it has to. These team like many has plenty of holes. Team mac and Bowles just prioritize the Oline as last. So no it will never be great. 

I've seen enough Rosen to know he's legit.... 

I didn't like this however... that's a scary list

3rd Down Numbers

3rd down efficiency has long been an area I stress in quarterback evaluations. 3rd down is ultimately where a quarterback needs to be great; it’s do or die for the drive and the high majority of 3rd downs are pass attempts. It’s important to evaluate on film, but the raw numbers regarding it have proven to be incredibly predictive for success at the NFL level, at least when you grade poorly in the area.

Rosen, along with Josh Allen, are about to become the 15th and 16th quarterback prospects of the last 10 drafts to be taken in the first four rounds and failed to convert at least 37 percent of their 3rd down pass attempts into 1st downs during their final collegiate season. This grouping is has an incredibly meager track record, with just a single one of them making the playoffs to date, that being Derek Carr, who made just one playoff appearance and did not earn a win, leaving seven percent of this list as successful starting quarterbacks (if Rosen and Allen fail, that number drops to 6.25 percent). You will see that the rest of the grouping is largely underwhelming and this problem area could have been used to identify colossal busts such as Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker and Christian Hackenberg.

Josh Rosen (2018)

33.3%

Josh Allen (2018)

36.14%

Davis Webb (2017)

35.14%

C.J. Beathard (2017)

23.6%

Joshua Dobbs (2017)

31.31%

Christian Hackenberg (2016)

27.45%

Cody Kessler (2016)

36.11%

Cardele Jones (2016)

36.17%

Sean Mannion (2015)

29.66%

Bryce Petty (2015)*

35.23%

Derek Carr (2014)

32.84%

Matt Barkley (2013)

35.29%

Jake Locker (2011)

30%

Blaine Gabbert (2011)

33.91%

Jimmy Clausen (2010)

36.9%

Josh Freeman (2009)

36.08%

* - Fun note on Bryce Petty; He didn’t convert a single 3rd and 10+ throw into a 1st down his senior season despite 22 attempts to do so. Still fascinates me that a guy who had a 3.27 YPA on 3rd and 10+ ever received the hype he did, but I digress…

While Derek Carr was in the same range as Rosen, it’s particularly disheartening that only six names on that list had a lower 3rd down conversion rate than Rosen, and only one of them was a 1st rounder (Locker).

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Taking Mayfield over Rosen will be the next O’Brien over Marino moment

I can easily see Rosen in Miami.  Easily.  Mike T would definitely do that.  Either there or Arizona.  

Rosen would have a blast in Miami.  There is just way too much fun to be had in Miami.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, kdels62 said:

My biggest concern with Rosen, my favorite qb in the draft, is his arm strength, no one else seems to mention it though. 

My second, but it’s close, choice is Mayfield and the only concern with him is if he can fit a pro scheme into his noggin. 

Three is Darnold, can he clean up his mechanics enough and not just rely on his right arm and athleticism. 

I think Allen is trash and a 3rd rounded at best. 

Pretty fair assessment.  I have Rosen 1 and Mayfield 2.  I don't want Allen or Darnold but I have Allen 3 and Darnold 4.

10 minutes ago, Bergen Jet said:

Pretty fair assessment.  I have Rosen 1 and Mayfield 2.  I don't want Allen or Darnold but I have Allen 3 and Darnold 4.

From what I have read I would probably have the same order on your top 3 and not know where to slot Darnold.  He's been listed as off the board so long I haven't read anything much except "cow on ice."  OTOH, if you want to go with who I actually like and would prefer to root for?  It's Allen all day long. 

On 4/20/2018 at 11:31 AM, nycdan said:

But many of those same people will instantly compare Mayfield to Brees as if it's so obvious they're annoyed to even have to waste the time to type it.

No get this you can’t say Rosen has a Manning-esque football iq but you can call him Chad Pennington 

20 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I believe Rosen will be the pick, regardless of how many people in NYJ organization wants Mayfield. I believe they are 50/50 split on Rosen vs. Mayfield.

Mac is the tie breaker. He will choose Josh Rosen.

Bates is the real tie breaker if we by some miracle do draft Rosen.  Rosen is by far the best fit for West Coast Offense we run

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bates is the real tie breaker if we by some miracle do draft Rosen.  Rosen is by far the best fit for West Coast Offense we run

Good point about Bates, as I’m sure the organization sees him as a potential head coach replacement.

But, the question is. Can we protect Josh Rosen? Can he be durable for 12-15 years?

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Good point about Bates, as I’m sure the organization sees him as a potential head coach replacement.

But, the question is. Can we protect Josh Rosen? Can he be durable for 12-15 years?

I really like Mayfield’s left tackle Orlando Brown but I doubt he lasts all the way to the third round

As far as durability goes anyone can last a long time if you build up the OL

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I really like Mayfield’s left tackle Orlando Brown but I doubt he lasts all the way to the third round

As far as durability goes anyone can last a long time if you build up the OL

I think he will definitely fall to the 3rd or even 4th. I’d definitely draft him in the 3rd.

Archived