Waldman on Duck's imperfect mechanics

hmhertz

Im not sure what Hertz is trying to convey 

however, I am a Waldman subscriber (and colleague through FBG) and can recommend him as a thorough source.

He was high on Chad Hansen in 2017 he called him "A graceful down field player at the point" and "super Quick" In terms of projection he said "Big-play perimeter threat with WR2 upside in man, timing, zone, vertical and red zone." in his multi year grades (where he puts all the years together) He had Hansen a rated a tick higher than Sterling Shepard and Zay Jones 

Also there was a Jets-related tidbit in his June Newsletter:

Teddy Bridgewater: Rich Cimini and Manish Mehta each wrote spotlights on Bridgewater’s impressive Week 1 showing during Jets OTAs. Both writers used post-practice press conference quotes from Jermaine Kearse about Bridgewater and Mehta also spoke with Josh McCown.

Their conclusion: If Bridgewater continues to impress and Darnold isn’t ready, Bridgewater could start. If Darnold is ready immediately, Bridgewater could get traded to a QB-needy team later this summer.

The RSP View: They important thing that Kearse noted about Bridgewater was the quarterback’s communication about ball placement on specific routes. It’s a detail that shows veteran leadership with a receiving corps and is often lost on younger passers.

This detail alone isn’t an indication that Bridgewater will be the starter. However, it’s a notable skill that veteran starters have in common. Whether it was asking about a receiver’s preference on a route or telling a receiver his own, Peyton Manning communicated pinpoint intentions about ball placement. The best quarterbacks communicate and execute the highest level of detail.

When evaluating quarterbacks, knowledge and execution of detail is often the difference between physical NFL talents and actual NFL starters.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Im not sure what Hertz is trying to convey 

however, I am a Waldman subscriber (and colleague through FBG) and can recommend him as a thorough source.

He was high on Chad Hansen in 2017 he called him "A graceful down field player at the point" and "super Quick" In terms of projection he said "Big-play perimeter threat with WR2 upside in man, timing, zone, vertical and red zone." in his multi year grades (where he puts all the years together) He had Hansen a rated a tick higher than Sterling Shepard and Zay Jones 

Also there was a Jets-related tidbit in his June Newsletter:

Teddy Bridgewater: Rich Cimini and Manish Mehta each wrote spotlights on Bridgewater’s impressive Week 1 showing during Jets OTAs. Both writers used post-practice press conference quotes from Jermaine Kearse about Bridgewater and Mehta also spoke with Josh McCown.

Their conclusion: If Bridgewater continues to impress and Darnold isn’t ready, Bridgewater could start. If Darnold is ready immediately, Bridgewater could get traded to a QB-needy team later this summer.

The RSP View: They important thing that Kearse noted about Bridgewater was the quarterback’s communication about ball placement on specific routes. It’s a detail that shows veteran leadership with a receiving corps and is often lost on younger passers.

This detail alone isn’t an indication that Bridgewater will be the starter. However, it’s a notable skill that veteran starters have in common. Whether it was asking about a receiver’s preference on a route or telling a receiver his own, Peyton Manning communicated pinpoint intentions about ball placement. The best quarterbacks communicate and execute the highest level of detail.

When evaluating quarterbacks, knowledge and execution of detail is often the difference between physical NFL talents and actual NFL starters.  

Hope Darnold caught onto what Teddy was talking to Kearse about...that’s good to know though. The QB room really could be a vital piece to Sam’s early development..even more so than anyone can vocally express.

Is "Duck" a nickname that I should recognize?  Not going to sit through that whole advertisement for a draft guide to hear a minute or two on an unidentified player's throwing motion.  And no, my time isn't that important.  But I'm still not going to sit through it.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Is "Duck" a nickname that I should recognize?  Not going to sit through that whole advertisement for a draft guide to hear a minute or two on an unidentified player's throwing motion.  And no, my time isn't that important.  But I'm still not going to sit through it.

Henry's little play on words:  Duck, as in Donald Duck -----> In Henry's brain, he hears "Darnold" Duck.

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

You shouldn't have to sit through it.

And I won't stand for it!

140207_2724044_Weekend_Update_Segment___Grumpy_Old_Man_anvver_2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Henry's little play on words:  Duck, as in Donald Duck -----> In Henry's brain, he hears "Darnold" Duck.

Putting aside the extraordinary lack of humor in it, I guess we are mind readers?  How would we know wtf he is talking about with the free association nick name that absolutely no one else uses?

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Putting aside the extraordinary lack of humor in it, I guess we are mind readers?  How would we know wtf he is talking about with the free association nick name that absolutely no one else uses?

It's a dementia kind of thing.  

38 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I actually thought maybe teddy B played college for Oregon Ducks? ?‍♂️  Ha. There is no way anyone is going to be calling our franchise qb “ Duck” because some idiot writer thinks the name Darnold sounds like Duck? 

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

This. Oh, and I originally thought you were talking about Suzyn Waldman and wanted to kill myself 

Oh god, not this guy again, with his boring, droning voice that makes me want to wash my face with broken glass.  He uses stupid colloquialisms like "get r done" and admits his slant is southern.

to refer to Sam as a duck, just shows his ignorance...like me saying war eagle to a Bama fan.

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Oh god, not this guy again, with his boring, droning voice that makes me want to wash my face with broken glass.  He uses stupid colloquialisms like "get r done" and admits his slant is southern.

to refer to Sam as a duck, just shows his ignorance...like me saying war eagle to a Bama fan.

he didn't refer to Darnold as a Duck.  The person who posted the scouting report did.  The film analysis and scouting report is actually quite thorough and , IMO, accurate.

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I literally only read the replies in this thread to find out how stupid a nickname it was. It didn’t disappoint.

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t like Sudden Sam at all. Not to be a dick to whoever came up with it. I do like Green Jets and Sam.........I’ll show myself out now.......

@Larz came up with Sudden Sam and it’s awful. Should really self-ban imho

Archived