Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

I like the wonder years as much as anyone but Kevin would be 62 today.  I doubt very much that is the audience that they are catering too.  Think new york city youth.  That is the future of the fanbase and they have to win them over now.  What are they looking for?

That's true...in a city with two teams, I'm sure the Johnson's are trying to up their market share of fans knowing that life after Eli might be rough for the Giants. Look at what the Nets did when they left NJ for Brooklyn:

From this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJgv-ZIrCSwb3YJDKhpNF

To this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmdX9JgfNUKXAW3OvBufv

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

That's true...in a city with two teams, I'm sure the Johnson's are trying to up their market share of fans knowing that life after Eli might be rough for the Giants. Look at what the Nets did when they left NJ for Brooklyn:

From this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJgv-ZIrCSwb3YJDKhpNF

To this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmdX9JgfNUKXAW3OvBufv

Islanders did not change unis however  and I think the jets and Islanders are much closer than jets and nets 

51 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm going to be really bummed if our uniforms don't stay Green and White.

It seems like a minor thing, but honestly, the uniforms have been the one constant in my era as a fan. If the uniforms suck I'm going to be really, really bummed.

Exactly. Change colors? Hey let's just change the team name as well!

I've wanted to see that goddamned uniform (or the 80s version) coming out of a Super Bowl tunnel forever. I'd be bummed with a drastic change.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The black looks awful and the Celtics black alts are hideous.

Jets colors are green and white.  They could change design, but should keep those colors.

The problem is the crappy green hue the unis have now.  They're flat, and dull and look like vomited peas. The color should be metallic green. Jets are made of metal. Let the green shimmer like the below:

98499-JADA-T5-Crosshairs-2016-Chevy-Corv

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Different sport obviously, but black and green can work.

7b83b825cfe70ab302933bb089ce1bea.jpeg

Exactly.  Do that White-Outline to this:

20180905_113807.jpg

And then lets see how it looks.  Not a fan of Black Uni's personally, but if we're going that route, needs that white-outline.

P.S. I know half the fanbase will go into cardiac arrest if we go away from being predominantly-white in our uniforms.   To alot of folks, the ultimate Jets Uni is the classic 80% white, 20% green Classic/Parcells white-top+white-pants+little green accents and logo style. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I can’t see them getting rid of green and white as the main color scheme. I mean the team is called gang green. 

I would be pretty surprised if green just ended being an accent color and black was the main. 

Green is just an accent color now, we really should be called Gang-White.

There are white uniforms, not green uniforms:

ZfYhBln.jpg

7 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I don't know man, I would be shocked if they went with a whole new color scheme. Besides the fact that they would be totally changing the identity of the team, I can't imagine there are much better color combinations out there that aren't already tied to other teams. EA saying completely new to me means that it is just a slight update of the ones we're wearing now, the design was conceived from scratch. Of course, I could be wrong but that would be a hell of a risk they are taking. 

Agree. Has there been a recent NFL team that completely ditched their color scheme? The established pattern has been to evolve the uniform in iterations - even "new' uniforms usually retain the same roots as old, e.g. the Rams Royal blue and yellow becomes darker blue and gold.  Completely banishing green and white would be a surprise.  Also, this kind of a thing may be bad for the brand awareness as the Jets are known for green and white. While you want fans to buy new merchandise, you don't necessarily want to alienate the same people who have invested money in older sets. Hence, keeping the look at least in the same neighborhood in terms of color.

Reluctantly, I'd also have to agree that the outreach on the Jets' black practice jersey's could indicate the direction that they are going. It reminds me of the 90's Mets / Knicks.  Thumbs down.

45 minutes ago, teptep said:

Agree. Has there been a recent NFL team that completely ditched their color scheme? The established pattern has been to evolve the uniform in iterations - even "new' uniforms usually retain the same roots as old, e.g. the Rams Royal blue and yellow becomes darker blue and gold.  Completely banishing green and white would be a surprise.  Also, this kind of a thing may be bad for the brand awareness as the Jets are known for green and white. While you want fans to buy new merchandise, you don't necessarily want to alienate the same people who have invested money in older sets. Hence, keeping the look at least in the same neighborhood in terms of color.

Reluctantly, I'd also have to agree that the outreach on the Jets' black practice jersey's could indicate the direction that they are going. It reminds me of the 90's Mets / Knicks.  Thumbs down.

Tampa bay, definitely. 

Lesser —

Miami, totally new blue and logo 

New England, red -> blue, white -> silver, new logo 

Seattle, silver -> gray, different blue, fluorescent green, new helmets 

San Diego, powder to navy

denver, different blues, focus from orange to blue, New logo / helmet

rams, yellow to gold to white 

buffalo made heavy changes too

10 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I don't know man, I would be shocked if they went with a whole new color scheme. Besides the fact that they would be totally changing the identity of the team, I can't imagine there are much better color combinations out there that aren't already tied to other teams. EA saying completely new to me means that it is just a slight update of the ones we're wearing now, the design was conceived from scratch. Of course, I could be wrong but that would be a hell of a risk they are taking. 

I meant new as in additional. I would assume Green stays the base color.

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

No it’s not. What do you call this then?

7474820A-D74B-499C-9C4D-DBC410F8D0F8.jpeg

Man the Nike construction on Jerseys is just a cluster F$%K patchwork abomination. I agree they are test floating the black. I do not like it. Everything in our country seems to be moving to either black or white in color or lack thereof.

Our biggest issue is the actual color green. It sucks. I can see bringing in blue or gold highlights to honor the Titans heritage.

I would like a completely new logo. I hate the 80s one, and the current is just meh....

Finally.. I'm glad they're finally going to do it - I like the current look now but I do miss the 80's/90's look and they could do that with some chrome or color rush look or maybe accent it but they can go retro future look.
.. It's going to be interesting to see what direction they go.  Totally new logo and look or go with tradition (my vote..).  That's why I've always liked the NFL because it's more of a traditional league...and you're right the new Buc's uniform/logo is awful so.. I hope they go full "nike" mode and *edit* DO NOT ruin it..

37912410_10156037959823402_4875197513465856000_n.thumb.jpg.3a2ae3f6adaf948ab57aeb6d43c1dc5d.jpg

**and as a bummy side note I was hoping to go see my first NFL/Jets game this fall.. but ehh.. I think I'll hold until next season when this all happens... 

NFW- Neil O’Donnell.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Tampa bay, definitely. 

Lesser —

Miami, totally new blue and logo 

New England, red -> blue, white -> silver, new logo 

Seattle, silver -> gray, different blue, fluorescent green, new helmets 

San Diego, powder to navy

denver, different blues, focus from orange to blue, New logo / helmet

rams, yellow to gold to white 

buffalo made heavy changes too

Tampa Bay from creamsicles to the current versions really are different. Denver, too. I feel that for these teams you mentioned, the changes are more iterative and show a progression / correlation in color family and identity: Miami, San Diego, Buffalo, Rams, Seahawks (by way of keeping the same logo).

5 hours ago, SMC said:

The black looks awful and the Celtics black alts are hideous.

Jets colors are green and white.  They could change design, but should keep those colors.

The problem is the crappy green hue the unis have now.  They're flat, and dull and look like vomited peas. The color should be metallic green. Jets are made of metal. Let the green shimmer like the below:

98499-JADA-T5-Crosshairs-2016-Chevy-Corv

Black and green looks pretty good there.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Helmet: Green

Away: All Black with Green Numbers/stripes/accents

Home: All White with Green Numbers/stripes/accent

This would best case scenario for me. 

Yep, I really think that would be a positive move.  The final result would really depend on the logo as well.  Im hoping for simple and nothing cartoonish.  

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why not do both?

If the clothes don;t drive the culture, or the success, then whats the harm in changing the clothes once in a while?

Because the clothes are the identity. Because the uniform, is the one thing this franchise has gotten right. Because the one time this team did change, it was awful, and the next time they do, it will be awful. Because this "let's add black", is so hack. If the organization had been run well for the last five decades, our uniforms would be one of the most popular and highly regarded. It's beautiful. 

Players come and go, it's the laundry we root for.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SnackExchange said:

Because the clothes are the identity. Because the uniform, is the one thing this franchise has gotten right. Because the one time this team did change, it was awful, and the next time they do, it will be awful. Because this "let's add black", is so hack. If the organization had been run well for the last five decades, our uniforms would be one of the most popular and highly regarded. It's beautiful. 

Browns think they have good jerseys, lions do too....they don't...it would be cool to have black jerseys

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Browns think they have good jerseys, lions do too....they don't...it would be cool to have black jerseys

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I posted, but since you bring it up...

The Browns and Lions, both have "updated" jerseys. They both have that goofy Nike touch to them, which is exactly what's coming for the Jets. Also, the Lions did the whole black jersey thing once. 

Why? Why would it be cool for us to have black jerseys? When has it ever been cool to do what every other team has, is, or will be doing? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SnackExchange said:

Better get used to the possibility the laundry will be different.

Also, the classic uniform is vastly overrated.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SnackExchange said:

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I posted, but since you bring it up...

The Browns and Lions, both have "updated" jerseys. They both have that goofy Nike touch to them, which is exactly what's coming for the Jets. Also, the Lions did the whole black jersey thing once. 

Why? Why would it be cool for us to have black jerseys? When has it ever been cool to do what every other team has, is, or will be doing? 

Exactly. 

Eleven NFL teams currently include black as one of their primary colors. They don't need a 12th. Black is an ugly, uninspired, unoriginal color option. Plus, the Jets have already tried it, and it was probably the bleakest time in team history. Why go back there? 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, slats said:

Exactly. 

Eleven NFL teams currently include black as one of their primary colors. They don't need a 12th. Black is an ugly, uninspired, unoriginal color option. Plus, the Jets have already tried it, and it was probably the bleakest time in team history. Why go back there? 

Black would be the single worse choice in my opinion . Raiders, Steelers and Bears own it. Rest of the teams using it are just meh .

We are the green and white team.. I think we need to stay the green and white team. We bleed Green, zombies bleed back. Don’t be a zombie 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, slats said:

Exactly. 

Black was awesome when it was just the Raiders/Steelers... and Falcons. Then everyone wanted to be as cool, and then it wasn’t cool.  

Stay away from the black Jets

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Black would be the single worse choice in my opinion . Raiders, Steelers and Bears own it. Rest of the teams using it are just meh .

We are the green and white team.. I think we need to stay the green and white team. We bleed Green, zombies bleed back. Don’t be a zombie 

Aren’t the Bears more of a really dark Blue? OMG my eyes MY EYES!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1