Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

Just now, The Crusher said:

Black jerseys just look like those alternative jerseys they make up to sell more jerseys. A permanent departure from the green and white would be a huge mistake. 

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

I'm here for a black alternative jersey. 

Exactly. Nice for a change up but too huge a departure for a permanent move. 

The Jets doing what the Mets did 20 years ago would make sense because it’s the Jets. 

The Jets current uniforms look professional. Even though the team is bad at least they have that going for them. Going 5-11 in World League/XFL uniforms isn’t a great look. Just look at FSU last night. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’d be all for a black uniform with green lettering

It looks cool, but it isn't the Jets. The unis have to be green and white. 

I keep saying this, but I love the white-out uniforms they've occasionally worn the last two years. It would be nice to do something along those lines.

10188841_web1_webap_199135286703.jpg

The Jets will do what will attract young fans. Let's face it, no little kid would ever choose the Jets uniform over the Cowboys or even NY Giants for that matter. I have no problem with jettisoning our colors and logo which have been tied to but fumbles and failure. Jet planes are sleek, fast and powerful. Green and White conveys none of that.

13 minutes ago, slats said:

I hate the black. Seems like a lazy choice. And it reminds me of this guy: 

Image result for rich kotite jets

when I see the black trimmed uni's all I think of is 1990-1997 which included the following events:

-Dennis Byrd injury

-Al Toon concussion forcing him to retire

-all the blown leads(though Bowles is bringing us back to that era) 1990 Cincy, Buffalo, 1991 Bears, 1992 Miami(Pete Carroll choke sign game), 1993 Philly, Raiders, 1994 fake spike, etc...

-blowing the 1993 season w/ 3 straight losses needing 1 win which included a win and in game against Oiler backups when we got humiliated(the game where Buddy Ryan punched Gilbride).

-Bruce Coslet

-Rich Kotite

-Pete Carroll

-winning 4 games in 2 seasons in 1995 and 1996

-Neil O'Donnell

on and on and on and on.

• Post of the Week 1

I watched the Florida State game last night and saw their uniforms with the black helmets and black uni's though they were awful.

Probably just the old curmudgeon in me coming out. These new uni's that people of posting just don't do anything for me. 

wish they would leave it the way it is.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I watched the Florida State game last night and saw their uniforms with the black helmets and black uni's though they were awful.

Probably just the old curmudgeon in me coming out. These new uni's that people of posting just don't do anything for me. 

wish they would leave it the way it is.

Agreed. FSU use to have the best unis too

• Upvote 1

The Jets won't do it, and I don't care who disagrees with me, but I still think adding orange as the team's third color would be an awesome choice. It's a traditional NY pro team color (Knicks, Mets, Islanders), and could be incorporated into a Jet logo easily as fire emitted from a Jet engine. 

Makes for smart marketing, too. The way Giants fans can wear their red hats with their ny logo, or Steelers fans can buy yellow ones, Jets fans could get cool orange gear. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets won't do it, and I don't care who disagrees with me, but I still think adding orange as the team's third color would be an awesome choice. It's a traditional NY pro team color (Knicks, Mets, Islanders), and could be incorporated into a Jet logo easily as fire emitted from a Jet engine. 

Makes for smart marketing, too. The way Giants fans can wear their red hats with their ny logo, or Steelers fans can buy yellow ones, Jets fans could get cool orange gear. 

Orange??? whaaaat? 

Not only is that the dolphins color but all the other orange teams that reference the Dutch colors have blue in them (or black if you are the NY Giants (became SF) or Philadelphia Flyers).

11 hours ago, slats said:

before-you-geton-e-mybadside-you-need-to-know-will-5826315.png

12 minutes ago, slats said:

The black is simply terrible. Bruce Coslet/Jerry Glanville fake tough-guy BS. 

Plus, teams wearing black get penalized more than any other color. As if the Jets need help there. 

and also there may not be a worse color to pair with black than green. 

• Upvote 1

*little bit of black I'm ok... not full blown black :S but yeah those no-contact uniforms might be a hint of what's coming... 

We'll see.. I'm excited :) hope we see the old logo/kelly green coming back in some form.  Maybe throw some chrome in it like the color rush jersey's with black stripes.. I dunno..

thumb.jpg

usa-today-8935378.jpg

uZgDgfgNOuKahCC-800x450-noPad.jpg

38432177_425280861326999_8736743055282929664_o.jpg

There's much love for the 80's wordmark or adaptations of it. Give them what they want, or maybe only the most vocal fans online have been clamoring for it in proposed redesigns. Then again, there's no accounting for taste and there are plenty of bad logos/designs for many products.  However there is so much emphasis on 80's nostalgia nowadays (see also the retro Pepsi logo for 2018), so the wordmark could be in play. 

• Sympathy 1