***OFFICIAL 2018 PRESEASON OPENER GAME THREAD GET UP*****

T0mShane

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Kinda disappointed we haven't heard the name of any OLB besides Jenkins that one time.

Though, the ATL QBs are getting the ball out pretty quickly.

D isn't really getting a lot of play.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So, 1st half in the books. What do you guys think of Bridge and Darnold? 

3 general thoughts :

1.  preseason is meaningless but at least the jets don't look overmatched as they have in the past. 

2.  preaseason is meaningless but darnold is your opening day starter.  you don't learn from the bench and he looks like an absolute stud.  

3.  preseason is meaningless but Teddy looks physically fit, if someone needs a QB he could garner a draft pick.   

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Mccown shouldn’t start. It should be between Bridge and Darnold.

I need to see Darnold with the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I hear you. Im hoping Darnold Starts the 3rd preseason game so we can really see what we're working with. 

He looks good though. I missed most of the first half. I hear Bridgewater did his thing as well. When's the last time we had 3 solid QB's? 

I dont think that's ever happened.

3 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Is it too early to say that, as a Jets fan, I haven't been this happy since the Jets upset the Patriots in the playoffs in 2010? Yes, I know it's the first PS game and Darnold is playing against mostly second stringers, but he's looked every bit the franchise QB that we all hoped for when he was drafted. Strong accurate throws, good reads, good movement in the pocket, good game management. 

Im grinning from ear to ear right now. 

Are you perhaps suggesting that you... can't wait?

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

exactly - johnsons sh*tty play did us a favor, it gave darnold extra reps in the red zone, and he made plays that would have converted 3/3 throws

The second coming of Aaron Rodgers out there.

And not sure who's in on the OL right now, but the left side allowed Darnold to take a shot to his knee.  That's why he was signaling to the sideline that he was okay.  Can't let that sh*t happen.

Just now, LionelRichie said:

3 general thoughts :

1.  preseason is meaningless but at least the jets don't look overmatched as they have in the past. 

2.  preaseason is meaningless but darnold is your opening day starter.  you don't learn from the bench and he looks like an absolute stud.  

3.  preseason is meaningless but Teddy looks physically fit, if someone needs a QB he could garner a draft pick.   

the past few years, they've looked like a collection of guys learning the game for the first time.. 

Just now, LionelRichie said:

3 general thoughts :

lol I hear ya!

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Sam has shown he is capable of playing, this is where the Jets could really use a 4th QB, next week it should be Darnold for the first half, Teddy 2nd let him get the sh*t reps with the future UPS drivers blocking for you while you run for your life and try to not get hurt.

Sign Hack.  Ducks. 

Sam Darnold is the guy we've waited 50 years for.

It took a smart trade up... and mistakes from the Browns and Giants.

All the Jets have to do is put an OL in from of him... (don't f*ck that up like the Colts)... and the Jets will own the AFCE post Brady.

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Mccown shouldn’t start. It should be between Bridge and Darnold.

I need to see Darnold with the first team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this Jets preseason very much reflect's last years, and we've pretty already much seen all we will of McCown.

I think there's a good chance we see Bridgewater get the start next week, with Darnold getting in some reps with the starters before wrapping things up with the backups, and then getting his own start week 3.

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So, 1st half in the books. What do you guys think of Bridge and Darnold? 

Tampa's future replacement for Jameis impressed me a lot.

All jokes about trading him aside, I was incredibly happy for Teddy.  He looked great and has come a long way

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Are you perhaps suggesting that you... can't wait?

Admit fully admit the error of my ways now. But I'd like to point out that Bridgewater looked just as impressive, so it's gonna be interesting to see what unfolds. Plus I don't even want to see Darnold on the field anymore because I'm afraid the football gods will try to screw us and he gets injured.

Archived