***OFFICIAL 2018 PRESEASON OPENER GAME THREAD GET UP*****

T0mShane

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too early to say that, as a Jets fan, I haven't been this happy since the Jets upset the Patriots in the playoffs in 2010? Yes, I know it's the first PS game and Darnold is playing against mostly second stringers, but he's looked every bit the franchise QB that we all hoped for when he was drafted. Strong accurate throws, good reads, good movement in the pocket, good game management. 

Im grinning from ear to ear right now. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

So, 1st half in the books. What do you guys think of Bridge and Darnold? 

The position is significantly improved at the least. And we have a long term answer at the most.

What keeps coming up again and again in practice and now the game is if Darnold has a let down he just doesn't dwell on it and comes back and does what needs to be done.

Sam has shown he is capable of playing, this is where the Jets could really use a 4th QB, next week it should be Darnold for the first half, Teddy 2nd let him get the sh*t reps with the future UPS drivers blocking for you while you run for your life and try to not get hurt.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Sam is for real. This defense is going to lock down offenses. The Jets are ascending bigtime - we’re gonna sneak up on so many teams this year

I feel like this true, and not in the homer way either.... Need to see more, but the discipline and execution seem to be there. 

3 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Darnold and Teddy. We have this problem sorted one way or another. At the very least it's the best QB situation we've had in a long time.

I'm 45 years old....i can't ever remember the Jets having 2 legit QBs on the roster.  And Josh is a great mentor...best QB room I've seen.  Prob need to trade Teddy while he is healthy since he would be gone next year anyway...love to keep him since he's a good guy all around but doesn't make sense I guess.

Just now, TampaJet said:

I'm 45 years old....i can't ever remember the Jets having 2 legit QBs on the roster.  And Josh is a great mentor...best QB room I've seen.  Prob need to trade Teddy while he is healthy since he would be gone next year anyway...love to keep him since he's a good guy all around but doesn't make sense I guess.

Vinny and Chad, love 'em or hate 'em were both real QBs. Probably the last time.

Archived