Jets Releasing Terrelle Pryor...

AbstraKt

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Agreed, but the replacement production is still in play. ? 

it was defniantely an issue yesterday. Peake and (I believe) burnett had dropped passes that Pryor more than likely would have had. Its tough to nail down of course, but I'm sincerely worried about the bottom of our WR corp having a similar impact as Pryor would. 

Peak's value is on specials and Robertson is at the best PR we've had since Leon Washington. They have a place on the team but I don't see them really stepping up into the regular WR rotation. It's not as easy as it looks to get quality production. That's one of the reasons I never understood the Bowles dislike for Kerley.  Solid player who caught almost everything thrown to him. Sucked as a PR. 

Unfortunately there want time to get an outsider up to speed.  Walk through days etc didn't leave time to do it IMO. ,why I'm thinking something will happen early this week.

i hope

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free-agent WR Terrelle Pryor said he is close to 100%, and has made so much improvement from his groin injury that he could be ready to play as soon as Sunday. He has already been contacted by several interested teams and may be an option for those that missed out on Amari Cooper

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Free-agent WR Terrelle Pryor said he is close to 100%, and has made so much improvement from his groin injury that he could be ready to play as soon as Sunday. He has already been contacted by several interested teams and may be an option for those that missed out on Amari Cooper

The Eagles were the only other team linked to Cooper. “Several” teams sounds like a stretch. That’s his agent trying to get once last paycheck.

On 10/20/2018 at 6:16 PM, Jet Nut said:

Who cares that he owned it after the whole world saw that he dogged it.  He dogged it and it was a key play.  

When he does what Anderson does and has done I'll give him more of a pass, not that anyone is condoning Andersons fumbles.  And theres a huge difference between getting hit and losing the ball and dogging it.  Just theres a difference between with Brad Smith was and Pryor.  Brad Smith played some WC, some QB.  Pryor hasnt played a down as a QB.

None of this matters.  If the Jets want him on the team he'll be resigned.  If not theres something going on and hes not going to be resigned.  

Just trying to imagine how much better Namath would have been if there were shotgun QBs in his day

On 10/20/2018 at 3:56 PM, Jets723 said:

exactly. I mean the last couple weeks he hit him for some touchdowns but I dont think he trusts him like enunwa, robby anderson.or kearse

If we wanna win football games, we need Pryor back. He's isn't a receiver to write home about. But defenses still can't ignore a 6'4". guy, with good speed.

9 hours ago, Larz said:

From a Schefter tweet 

It's just his word of course 

Can't imagine he was cut over a 1 week injury 

Agreed.  Even if it’s a 2 week injury, you don’t cut him for that.  What makes it worse is that the guy they bring up from the P squad in Burnett only played a handful of snaps anyway.  Why cut Pryor and replace him with a guy you aren’t going to let see the field anyway.  More puzzling roster management by Maccagnan.  

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Unfortunately there want time to get an outsider up to speed.  Walk through days etc didn't leave time to do it IMO. ,why I'm thinking something will happen early this week.

i hope

I'm with ya there. That might be nice to see.

I don't see someone coming in and having a great impact either though. This is a tough situation with the injuries. My original feeling is that I don't understand why they would cut Pryor with the impact he was beginning to have and the rapport that was seemingly developing with Darnold. I do understand needing players to actually play the game though. 

Anyhoo... Let's see what happens. I'd like to see guys like Burnett start to come on as we move forward. That would be best case scenario. I also hope they resign Pryor. I think he could be a nice piece moving forward assuming he's not the dirt bag some people here seem to think he is because he made a comment a couple of weeks ago. Who knows? I sure as hell don't. 

Horrible  management by our front office to put our quarterback in this situation who is only 21 years old.   I hope this kid is resilient enough to not let this CF screw up his future. I don't know anything about the pryor situation or why he was cut  but something needs to be done to help our quarterback if not just let him hand the ball off and throw a few passes just to get through this damn season. 

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  Even if it’s a 2 week injury, you don’t cut him for that.  What makes it worse is that the guy they bring up from the P squad in Burnett only played a handful of snaps anyway.  Why cut Pryor and replace him with a guy you aren’t going to let see the field anyway.  More puzzling roster management by Maccagnan.  

That and I wonder if there is more to the story

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I bet the guy was still complaining about his role in the offense.

3 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Horrible  management by our front office to put our quarterback in this situation who is only 21 years old.   I hope this kid is resilient enough to not let this CF screw up his future. I don't know anything about the pryor situation or why he was cut  but something needs to be done to help our quarterback if not just let him hand the ball off and throw a few passes just to get through this damn season. 

What are you talking about? It's management's fault Enunwa and Pryor got hurt? 

They came into the season with Anderson/Enunwa/Kearse/Pryor to go along with some young TE talent (herndon looks very good). A couple of guys got hurt and they just signed Rishard Matthews. 

You can't roster 8 really solid WRs. At some point teams are forced to play back-up WRs/OL/RBs that aren't very good. It happens to every team throughout the course of the season. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He might be but is the take that this was probably not a playoff team realistic? I care about realistic expectations

He doesn't hold anyone accountable on or off the field. He doesn't need to publicly state they don't need to win this year.  He can have those feelings in private. 

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

join the minority...

yeah you try to win...        this was never a playoff roster...

Maybe that's true? But who cares? That doesn't mean you don't try. No one thought Philly was aiming a SB last year, Buffalo was supposedly tanking a year ago and made the playoffs.  I never thought we'd make the playoffs this year but I never thought we'd make it in 2006 or 2009 either. 

Archived