OFFICIAL JETS VS VIKINGS GAME THREAD!!!!

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The problem with trading for a wide receiver is that we'll have even less resources with which to shore up our Oline in next year's draft.

This is why signing McClown last year had a negative trickledown effect. Mac had to give up three 2nd rounders to ensure getting a QB. We could have Sam and 3 #2’s to improve the overall depth on this team. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

except we have the league leadin punt retruner...   but, dont let the facts get in the way....    

Leaving punts, muffing punts. Yeah fantastic. Bad field positions. Average per return isn't the full story.

Penalties (running out of bounds) lots of mistakes today, not just from Roberts.

17 minutes ago, Hael said:

Better team beat us.  No excuses.  We aren’t there yet in any of the three phases..  I still like what I’m seeing from Darnold though.  

Agreed. We are short on talent, short on HC and there are days that just happen. THIS was one of them. I’m not pissed at all.  We could have won but it’s games like Miami and Cleveland that really decide our fate.  this game was just not in the cards. 

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Agreed. We are short on talent, short on HC and there are days that just happen. THIS was one of them. I’m not pissed at all.  We could have won but it’s games like Miami and Cleveland that really decide our fate.  this game was just not in the cards. 

Moreso Cleveland than Miami IMO

13 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I haven’t seen anything quite like it. Even the goddamn Browns managed to punch their way out of it with rudimentary moneyballing, which shouldn’t come as much of a surprise considering the NFL is basically run by a bunch of barbarians even as compared to the corresponding old boys who were ruining baseball twenty years ago. It’s hard to stay as bad as we have for as long as we have, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. No stars, no depth. You would expect to have done more right by sheer accident. We’re just such a dumpster fire for such preventable reasons. The Jets are the most willfully stupid team in all of sports possibly excepting the Knicks.

Devin Smith, Stewart and Hansen. You're fired.

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t agree with throwing it but the refs were absolute trash.  I mean those are missed calls that could of gave us a chance

Look if you don't have refs you don't have a game. And you cannot allow players to throw things at them or even worse. It has to stop even if a bad call. There are mechanisms for bad calls they are trying their best to be as accurate as possible. It stops games and slows the game down but it's an attempt to be as accurate as possible. And btw a good percentage of the time us fans are wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maccagnan needs to be let go. There’s no depth at all. The receiver group is pathetic. Same goes for the backs, there’s no young talent anywhere.

He’s had four offseasons, and if we fired him tomorrow, the next guy would inherit Williams, Adams, and Darnold, and that’s pretty much it. Mind-boggling. 

Just now, dbatesman said:

He’s had four offseasons, and if we fired him tomorrow, the next guy would inherit Williams, Adams, and Darnold, and that’s pretty much it. Mind-boggling. 

Of course, the simple fact that Darnold is on the roster means we’re not going to fire him tomorrow, or this offseason, or next offseason, or probably anytime before whatever dumbass HC he hires gets three years of his own. Hooray

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if you don't have refs you don't have a game. And you cannot allow players to throw things at them or even worse. It has to stop even if a bad call. There are mechanisms for bad calls they are trying their best to be as accurate as possible. It stops games and slows the game down but it's an attempt to be as accurate as possible. And btw a good percentage of the time us fans are wrong. 

When did I say refs were unnecessary? All I said is I don’t blame him for being pissed.  Also I said it was wrong for him to throw the ball

go ahead and defend the D...   they arent that good when the other QB isnt throwing the ball to them....  they had a period wher they played decently...     and they gave uo 4 TD drives as well...   30+ pts...  you do know they go by pts, right?

Let me take a second and remind you of what a consistently unenjoyable conversationalist you are.

That being said, I’ll try again because I lean toward being stubborn.
The score at the half was 10-7. After the 3rd it was 20-10. My entire point, while I’m not a big believer in our d overall, was that the d played well for a large portion of the game and gave our inept offense many opportunities.
My secondary, yet more important point, was that it was unlikely our d would hold up much longer and they didn’t. That leads us to where your position takes root. the d broke down and the scoring barrage began which gives you a point at all.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Darryl Roberts and Chris Herndon earned game balls, really stepped up today, Cannon flashed too

Tomlinson and Peake should be cut tonight,  they have had enough time and still can't catch a football thrown right into their hands 

On the bubble we have Spencer Long who can't snap the ball and Robby Anderson the one trick pony - all things considered, I would prefer to watch Dez, at least he would fight for a ball thrown in his direction  

Andre Roberts was up and down, not happy with drops but had some good returns, Parry Nickerson played like a 6th round pick

Overall I thought the team played well, Sam, Leo, Lee, Adams, Henry Anderson, Williamson, kickers, etc... the team had a chance but imploded with mistakes and no halftime adjustments

9 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Darryl Roberts and Chris Herndon earned game balls, really stepped up today, Cannon flashed too

Tomlinson and Peake should be cut tonight,  they have had enough time and still can't catch a football thrown right into their hands 

On the bubble we have Spencer Long who can't snap the ball and Robby Anderson the one trick pony - all things considered, I would prefer to watch Dez, at least he would fight for a ball thrown in his direction  

Andre Roberts was up and down, not happy with drops but had some good returns, Parry Nickerson played like a 6th round pick

Overall I thought the team played well, Sam, Leo, Lee, Adams, Henry Anderson, Williamson, kickers, etc... the team had a chance but imploded with mistakes and no halftime adjustments

Robbie Anderson STINKS 

Robbie Anderson STINKS 

He is what he is. Similar to Roberts. They have their role. When asked to do more, they struggle with it.
Remember Devin Hester? That guy was so dangerous when returning a punt but never really developed into all that good a wr.
You need role players some guys will be able to do more but if everyone can do their job and fill their role, we’re good. Today was frustrating.

41 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Let me take a second and remind you of what a consistently unenjoyable conversationalist you are.

That being said, I’ll try again because I lean toward being stubborn.
The score at the half was 10-7. After the 3rd it was 20-10. My entire point, while I’m not a big believer in our d overall, was that the d played well for a large portion of the game and gave our inept offense many opportunities.
My secondary, yet more important point, was that it was unlikely our d would hold up much longer and they didn’t. That leads us to where your position takes root. the d broke down and the scoring barrage began which gives you a point at all.

you named yourself GREEN, it shows. i may indeed be a curmudgeon, but i wont swallow that this D did anything worth giving them a pass.

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

he is fast and catches the ball when wide open but shrivels in traffic and does not seem to run god routes and rarely fights for the ball, causing incompletions and interceptions, and throwing the ball at a ref, really? not worth it 

Trust me, after today, not trying to rub salt into anybody's wounds, but what the heck happened to the Buckeyes? Purdue? Would not want to have to go through tomorrow's practice,

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Trust me, after today, not trying to rub salt into anybody's wounds, but what the heck happened to the Buckeyes? Purdue? Would not want to have to go through tomorrow's practice,

LOL, yea not my best weekend of football, Buckeyes have no running game and a very young defense (CB's are not good )so it was bound to happen with the way they overlooked teams, no killer instinct, Bosa was the only "dog" and he retired so we will see if someone else steps up... MSU and U of M will be big tests - think they are out of the CFPNC - Rose Bowl vs Pac 10 would be nice 

22 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

LOL, yea not my best weekend of football, Buckeyes have no running game and a very young defense (CB's are not good )so it was bound to happen with the way they overlooked teams, no killer instinct, Bosa was the only "dog" and he retired so we will see if someone else steps up... MSU and U of M will be big tests - think they are out of the CFPNC - Rose Bowl vs Pac 10 would be nice 

Don't watch a lot of Big 10 FB but OSU looked terrible last nite. Got a kick out of Purdue fans chanting "Overrated, overrated "

2 hours ago, BigO said:

This is why signing McClown last year had a negative trickledown effect. Mac had to give up three 2nd rounders to ensure getting a QB. We could have Sam and 3 #2’s to improve the overall depth on this team. 

Yeah, but we needed McCown to teach them how to win! Haven't you noticed how much more winning they're doing this season because of it?

Honestly, I'm kinda getting sick of the winning, at this point.

Of course, the simple fact that Darnold is on the roster means we’re not going to fire him tomorrow, or this offseason, or next offseason, or probably anytime before whatever dumbass HC he hires gets three years of his own. Hooray

That’s the way it should be. I know you are saying that you feel otherwise but macc should get his own coach and 3-4 additional years. We have to give people time when they show potential. Not gut the entire organization and start over yet again.

This is an additional rid bit for our other conversation in another thread which has lost all potential for continuance. :-)

Archived