Priority 1 for the Jets-New HC.

johnnyjet

This guy Bowles has got to go.  Here’s a question, what game has he won for us based on his coaching we were not expected to win.  That says it all.  None. I know this topic has been beaten to death, but the next two games will go along way in determining his fate. No way this joke of a coach should get a pass because he started a rookie QB. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer the question Build a competent staff. That’s why I for one am against hiering a college coach with little or no NFL experience. It’s difficult for a hire with NFL experience and contacts to build a staff how difficult would it be for a college coach to build a staff next to impossible.

5 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

I’d like to see Mac hire HIS guy.  Bowlesmwas hired before Mac. Dumb move number 1.  What team does not have the HC and GM linked.  Just the Jets.  I’m sure Mac can do better than Bowles. I can do better. 

Macc, a new coach, and phase 3 of the rebuild. 

Future is bright.

6 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

I’d like to see Mac hire HIS guy.  Bowlesmwas hired before Mac. Dumb move number 1.  What team does not have the HC and GM linked.  Just the Jets.  I’m sure Mac can do better than Bowles. I can do better. 

Is this a fact, or just a guess? I thought more teams had a similar structure than just us.

28 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

This guy Bowles has got to go.  Here’s a question, what game has he won for us based on his coaching we were not expected to win.  That says it all.  None. I know this topic has been beaten to death, but the next two games will go along way in determining his fate. No way this joke of a coach should get a pass because he started a rookie QB. 

Firing Bowles isn't priority #1 . We've been down this path before.  The big question is who do you want to coach?  The Giants fired McAdoo, how did that work out?

28 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Firing Bowles isn't priority #1 . We've been down this path before.  The big question is who do you want to coach?  The Giants fired McAdoo, how did that work out?

I rarely downvote posts.  You managed to come up with a worthy choice... Well done.

31 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Don't bother trying to defend Bowles. The idiots have taken over the asylum. Every single thing here comes back to fire Bowles or fire Macc. There must be at least 25 threads a week calling for one or the other to be fired, most of the time both. Yet they never get tired of it.  About 10% of the people who bring it up will explain why in a reasonable fashion. The other 90% are just losers repeating what they think the "cool kids" are saying. You could start a thread about chocolate chip cookies and within minutes it would be taken over by the anti Bowles crowd demanding he be fired.    

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Don't bother trying to defend Bowles. The idiots have taken over the asylum. Every single thing here comes back to fire Bowles or fire Macc. There must be at least 25 threads a week calling for one or the other to be fired, most of the time both. About 10% of the people who bring it up will explain why in a reasonable fashion. The other 90% are just losers repeating what they think the "cool kids" are saying. You could start a thread about chocolate chip cookies and within minutes it would be taken over by the anti Bowles crowd demanding he be fired.   

Image result for epic fail gifs

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Don't bother trying to defend Bowles. The idiots have taken over the asylum. Every single thing here comes back to fire Bowles or fire Macc. There must be at least 25 threads a week calling for one or the other to be fired, most of the time both. Yet they never get tired of it.  About 10% of the people who bring it up will explain why in a reasonable fashion. The other 90% are just losers repeating what they think the "cool kids" are saying. You could start a thread about chocolate chip cookies and within minutes it would be taken over by the anti Bowles crowd demanding he be fired.    

Aren't you the voice of reason ---- NOT!!!

23 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Funny!

Am I in the 10%?

Or the 90%?

But I will never tire of knocking Bowles...  Never... not until he is history...

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Aren't you the voice of reason ---- NOT!!!

I'm not even a fan of Bowles. I just get tired of guys posting fire him over and over. Don't you? I'll bet during Training Camp most of them were saying "it's not about wins this year, it's about Sam" because that's what everyone else was saying before the season started. Then before game 2 was over they wanted to fire the CS and cut half the roster. Most of us figured we'd win 6-7 games, and we're 3-5. The sky isn't falling. We've got key guys hurt, but two winnable games coming up.

a few wins will save bowles but at the same time is he the guy to take this team over the top?  one of the saving graces is the other teams in the division are on the way down.  yes, the patsies are on the way down.  the bills and doltfins really aren't there yet.

57 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Funny how the 'idiots' have been right about 95% of the time about the Jets as opposed to the we are good crowd who are right about 5% of the time.

Idiots said Hackenburg was awful.

Idiots said rex had lost it and had to go.

Idiots said the Jets were ignoring the oline in the draft.

Take about 85% of all idiots on the draft form and their mock drafts and they would have been better than idzik or mac.

Yeah, the idiots are the idiots...wait...wut?

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

Knows topic is beaten to death. Beats it further.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Idiots and losers are not acceptable nicknames for our posters. Thanks

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Idiots and losers are not acceptable nicknames for our posters. Thanks

Sorry, I didn't need to go there with the "nicknames". But honestly when I got the notification you had quoted me, I thought you'd be asking about the chocolate chip cookie thread. \\:D/

38 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm not even a fan of Bowles. I just get tired of guys posting fire him over and over. Don't you? I'll bet during Training Camp most of them were saying "it's not about wins this year, it's about Sam" because that's what everyone else was saying before the season started. Then before game 2 was over they wanted to fire the CS and cut half the roster. Most of us figured we'd win 6-7 games, and we're 3-5. The sky isn't falling. We've got key guys hurt, but two winnable games coming up.

Yes , its all about supporting and developing Sam. What part of Bowles coaching makes you feel he's contributing anything tangible to Sam's progression. 

2 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Mac has chosen about 40 players in the draft....  less than 5 are good. You want him to pick the HC?   ?

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes , its all about supporting and developing Sam. What part of Bowles coaching makes you feel he's contributing anything tangible to Sam's progression. 

As far as Sam, I think that's more on Bates, the QB coach and possibly McCown. I feel the HC can't micro manage every aspect of the team, It's his job to oversee what his staff is doing. Believe me, I get frustrated watching this team play as often as anybody, but I think the Jets are doing a good job with Sam so far. It just sucked he had basically no skill position help Sunday, but that wasn't on Bowles. Looking back now, something positive might even come out of all these injuries. Deontay played well, we'll get a look at Cannon and a few other young guys. This is the year to do that.

31 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

As far as Sam, I think that's more on Bates, the QB coach and possibly McCown. I feel the HC can't micro manage every aspect of the team, It's his job to oversee what his staff is doing. Believe me, I get frustrated watching this team play as often as anybody, but I think the Jets are doing a good job with Sam so far. It just sucked he had basically no skill position help Sunday, but that wasn't on Bowles. Looking back now, something positive might even come out of all these injuries. Deontay played well, we'll get a look at Cannon and a few other young guys. This is the year to do that.

Ok so what do you do when the HC has had 3 Offensive Coordinators in 4 years and they've all failed, sans 1 season against a weak schedule?

The HC is a defensive guy and the defense sucks.

The HC sucks at in game adjustments and managing the clock.

The HC can't find an OC worth a damn to delegate too.

The HC doesn't run a tight ship that holds players accountable for on the field mistakes, such as penalties and effort.

What exactly does Bowles do well that you think he should be absolved of even some blame?

Archived