Bowles getting crushed by Bart.

johnnyjet

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

But it's not only about Darnold's play. His coaching is subpar. It's pretty obvious by now. He also decided to fire Morton who is a better coordinator than Bates. Maybe that's not enough to fire him in coach. But why have a lame duck coach?

Darnold's play is as much a consequence of Bates and Bowles ineptitude as OC and HC. Plus the WR's are sub par and don't fight for the ball. Bates play calling is seriously flawed. I would promote Kevin Greene to interim HC. You would have some accountability at least.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

don't let emotion get the best of you. Bowles should be replaced, but the replacement is important. Bowles gets to finish the season. New coach next season. Doing otherwise is just unnecessarily screwing with Sam's development.

Midseason firing gives the new guy candidate a dead cat bounce, and could cloud the decision. Bigger concern is not sure the Johnsons have a clue what they're doing, which is how we got here.

And not sure they will change their methodology. They keep hiring the next DC coming up. every freaking time. And some good candidates get excluded are don't want any part of this place. Again, there are a few really great college guys who would take this job and grab it with both hands and succeed.They could be the Next Guy. But I have zero confidence those guys are even on the Jets' radar. 

Also, the Johnsons could hire a club president-either of the Harbaughs if they shake loose, Bill Cowher, Jerry Reese. But that means 1. spending money and 2. taking a giant step back. There is zero evidence they will ever do that. 

23 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Watching Bowles at the post game podium literally had me screaming at the TV.   "We didn't make enough plays", etc.  If not tomorrow, Bowles is gone if we lose to Buffalo at home.

If I watched a Bowes presser it would cost me a TV I see enough of the moron on the sidelines during the game. 

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

don't let emotion get the best of you. Bowles should be replaced, but the replacement is important. Bowles gets to finish the season. New coach next season. Doing otherwise is just unnecessarily screwing with Sam's development.

It doesn’t matter.....this year. 

38 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Watching Bowles at the post game podium literally had me screaming at the TV.   "We didn't make enough plays", etc.  If not tomorrow, Bowles is gone if we lose to Buffalo at home.

I'd do a lot worse to him than fire him if they lose to the Bills. Especially at home.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

How so? And how does an in season change at HC not have an equally bad effect?

How so?

Having one of the worst coaches in the NFL and having him develop the best thing to happen to this franchise in two decades.  How's that for a how so.

2 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Did he mention the decision to go for it on 4th down late in the 4th quarter when your D was actually dominating for once this year????

It's unbelieveable how bad Bowles' feel for the game is. His instincts are terrible. 

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

If you're not winning big with Aaron Rodgers, there's a problem there too.

True. But McCarthy isn't the reason they're loosing. It's management. They feel like they don't have to put money into getting Rodgers help because they depend on him to pull a miracle out of his rear-end every week.

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

So who do we put as HC if we fire TB this week? Do we promote Caldwell as interim head coach? I think I would keep Bates as OC for the duration of the season. Kind of hard to can the coordinators mid season. Although Cleveland did just that last week. 

H3LL NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woody screwed this all up from the start.  He basically hired Bowles as the coach and then Mac as the GM.   He also wanted them to spend and win now so after two years he realized we need a real rebuild.   

We are basically in year two of a three year rebuild.  I blame Bowles and Mac for part of this but this biggest blame goes to Woody for basically doing a Rex Idzik repeat.   We need to make major changes for next season starting with GM and coach.  

Instead of finding replacements for Mangold and Ferguson we have been trading away draft picks for guys like Rishard Robinson.  

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in heck is ever employed in the NFL again ever unless this counts. 

Image result for selling peanuts at football game pics

Agree.  No one will ever hire Bowles as HC the word has been out for over 2 years he’s a joke

Bowles might not even get a DC gig

Archived