Let’s look at the one bright side

Jetsplayer21

Losing out will only help us for next yr. We all know bowles and mac are both disasters. It is scary how long it always takes for the Johnsons to realize failure. Losing out may yield us the top pick, but may be what is needed for a clean house, to fire Bowles and mac. If we were to win 2 more games who knows, Johnsons may decide to keep mac, and even Bowles. Any jet fan with a brains knows they both need to go.

With a competent HC, gm, a non rookie darnold, top 3 pick, and 100 mil to spend, 2019 could be a very fun yr.  losing sucks, but another yr of Mac and Bowles we cannot afford..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Losing out will only help us for next yr. We all know bowles and mac are both disasters. It is scary how long it always takes for the Johnsons to realize failure. Losing out may yield us the top pick, but may be what is needed for a clean house, to fire Bowles and mac. If we were to win 2 more games who knows, Johnsons may decide to keep mac, and even Bowles. Any jet fan with a brains knows they both need to go.

With a competent HC, gm, a non rookie darnold, top 3 pick, and 100 mil to spend, 2019 could be a very fun yr.  losing sucks, but another yr of Mac and Bowles we cannot afford..

I am almost certain that Mac will return. Do you trust him in the draft? Do you trust him on a spending spree? Unless Mac is fired, there is NO upside IMO.

16 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

With a competent HC, gm, a non rookie darnold, top 3 pick, and 100 mil to spend, 2019 could be a very fun yr.  

Future narrator:

In fact, it was not a “very fun yr.”

16 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

I am almost certain that Mac will return. Do you trust him in the draft? Do you trust him on a spending spree? Unless Mac is fired, there is NO upside IMO.

Exactly. That is what scares me. I I would hope maybe watching a fairly healthy team get embarrassed every week would somehow wake the little Johnson retards up and realize how god awful of a gm mac has been. 

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The only bright side is Woody and Chris have what... only 25 more years to go?

Im sure theres some golden spoon fed nephew somewhere in the mix who knows nothing about football ready to rake in more profits. 

Leon Hess demanded in his will the team be sold upon his death lets hope the Johnsons have done the same. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Take a good look at the roster and tell us that many of those players would be in the NFL if it weren't for the NY Jets. 

COME ON MAN 

I think we have a core of good players on offense to build with. two or three players on defense to make that unit very strong . We need a stud WR, and some o-lineman. and a OC who knows how to use them. With a draft and 100 million, we can get close to where we want to be. This coaching staff is directly responsible for what we've been seeing this year.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Hey, we still have to play the Bosa Bowl this Sunday against the Bills, so there's that to look forward to

This theory is flawed. Did Williams at 6 transform us? How about Adams at 6? Darnold at 3? Getting top draft picks may be nice but it doesn’t change a team overnight. Building a losing culture for a top pick is not worth it

Just now, kevinc855 said:

This theory is flawed. Did Williams at 6 transform us? How about Adams at 6? Darnold at 3? Getting top draft picks may be nice but it doesn’t change a team overnight. Building a losing culture for a top pick is not worth it

When you have a horrible gm it does not. Don’t lump darnold with drafting of Williams and Adams. Those 2 are nice players you add to a core of playmakers. Anyone judging darnold, one of the youngest qbs ever to start after a few games does not understand football. Especially with a bad OC, bad OL, and zero star weapons. You are right a top pick with Mac won’t help us, but a real gm next yr it may be huge. 

maybe.  i doubt if teams carry over there successes and losses from one year to the next so the record at the end shouldn't matter.  but at the same time they should start playing the young guys more to get them reps.  thos should carry over to next season.

22 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

There is no bright side until there is a full regime change at GM and HC.  Bowles and Mac have been complete failures here and it's STUNNING that Mac seemingly will keep his job beyond this year.  STUNNING.

Exactly right. Which sadly the only chance I see that happening is if this team is embarrassed rest of the season. I don’t want to see 1 fluke win against a good team end of the yr and then the Johnsons say “ see Mac and Bowles deserves another chance “?

Welp. It's gonna be the same GM and you're banking a lot of them hiring a "competent" HC. Having 100 mill isn't a great thing because it means you don't have competent players under contract AND the FA class is looking weak. So keep hope alive?

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Keep MAC - his last two top pics were Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold.

i understand everything else bad about his poor big dollar FA contracts and so so drafts 

He’s a competent football man and I know I’m in the minority but I’d keep him and lose Bowles 

Devon Smith and Chris Hackenburg say hi.

31 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Why does the Jamal Adams pick play any part in saving him?  All you simpletons out there said Adams "fell to us" and was thus the obvious pick.  What smarts does it take to make that selection?

Even if we were to just ignore his performance in Rounds 2-7, I don't have the words to explain how stupid it is to justify Macc staying on the basis of his 1st round selections.  How are Leonard Williams and Darron Lee doing?

13 minutes ago, David Harris said:

i understand everything else bad about his poor big dollar FA contracts and so so drafts 

He’s a competent football man and I know I’m in the minority but I’d keep him and lose Bowles 

I honestly thought you were joking lol. Williams and Adams were both ranked the bpa overall, the safest picks of the their drafts. Not exactly a diamond in the rough picks lol. Darnold also was the pick everyone’s grandmother even makes. This roster on O is a joke, in a offensive dominant league. Has not drafted 1 OL before the 6th round, when OL is become increasing important.  Mac is the worst gm in the entire nfl. 

1 hour ago, genot said:

I think mac is being judged too harshly on this board. Sorry.But i do.

Really?  I think Macc is getting off too easy, considering that, given how most have Bowles at the top of their sh*t list, it regularly leads to instances of him also being blamed for the failures of Macc.  There is far too long of a list of his player acquisitions, both via FA and draft, that have been colossal failures.

Exactly. That is what scares me. I I would hope maybe watching a fairly healthy team get embarrassed every week would somehow wake the little Johnson retards up and realize how god awful of a gm mac has been. 

I want Macc out because i just do not know what he is.  It all dates back to the zany organizational structure the Johnsons set up.  It could very well be that Todd is getting preference on the player picks  I dont know.  The one thing I do know is that TB cannot game plan or run a game or make adjustments.  H ealso has bad assistants. Macc may be responsible for the talent but he is not in charge.  So he may not be.  Still, I am not wasting years on him at this point

Macc has to go as well as Bowles. For all the reasons mentioned over and over again. Macc a competent football man? That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous statements ever written on these boards.

in·san·i·ty
/inˈsanədē/
noun
noun: insanity
  1. the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.
    "he suffered from bouts of insanity"
    synonyms: mental illness, madness, dementia; More
    lunacy, instability;
    mania, psychosis;
    informalcraziness
    "insanity runs in her family"
    • extreme foolishness or irrationality.
      plural noun: insanities
      "it might be pure insanity to take this loan"
      synonyms: folly, foolishness, madness, idiocy, stupidity, lunacy, silliness;
      informalcraziness
      "it would be insanity to take this loan"
Origin

6 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I want Macc out because i just do not know what he is.  It all dates back to the zany organizational structure the Johnsons set up.  It could very well be that Todd is getting preference on the player picks  I dont know.  The one thing I do know is that TB cannot game plan or run a game or make adjustments.  H ealso has bad assistants. Macc may be responsible for the talent but he is not in charge.  So he may not be.  Still, I am not wasting years on him at this point

Mac is obsessed with bpa, more then anyone else out there. Which really shows how clueless he is. Of course bowles wants to draft D players, but if you are obsessed with bpa like mac, most of your picks will be D. Given how important how all offensive positions are, and almost all gms reach up a bit to pick a play making WR, solid OL, ect. Not Mac, he will pick that dL who doesn’t rush the passer if he is the current bpa..

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mac is obsessed with bpa, more then anyone else out there. Which really shows how clueless he is. Of course bowles wants to draft D players, but if you are obsessed with bpa like mac, most of your picks will be D. Given how important how all offensive positions are, and almost all gms reach up a bit to pick a play making WR, solid OL, ect. Not Mac, he will pick that dL who doesn’t rush the passer if he is the current bpa..

Taking the "BPA" without even considering positional value is what makes Macc clueless.  BPA is still a good strategy, provided you recognize which positions are actually important in today's NFL.

It should be "Most Valuable Player Available", not "Best Player Available".

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why does the Jamal Adams pick play any part in saving him?  All you simpletons out there said Adams "fell to us" and was thus the obvious pick.  What smarts does it take to make that selection?

Even if we were to just ignore his performance in Rounds 2-7, I don't have the words to explain how stupid it is to justify Macc staying on the basis of his 1st round selections.  How are Leonard Williams and Darron Lee doing?

Sam Darnold is on this team because of the steel balls of Mike Mac.  That blind trade from 6 to 3 may be, dare I say will be, the fulcrum that shifts this franchise to moving forward. 

For that alone he deserves a couple more years, let him hire his HC.

our surprise 10-6 season w Fitzmagic changed the math for his rebuild, he had to go into win now mode because there was some hope there. Yes it’s an excuse but a good one.  Mac is competent - I like him. 

Archived