Jump to content

Who is the model franchise ?


nico002
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Pats have had the best QB/Head Coach combo in recent history. When they move on, the franchise will return to what is was before them.

The Steelers are the most consistent /best NFL franchise over history.

Your not wrong. But results are results I’ll take lucking into best QBs/HC combo with all those accolades than being a consistently really well run franchise with 2 SB appearance over the past 20 years compared to 8

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, New York Mick said:

The Pats still manipulate the cap. 

Yeah but the 49ers turned it into an art form.  For years had the leagues best talent and always seemed to have plenty of cap space to acquire the best available players year in and year out.  Don't feel like the F'kin Patriots always have such good talent, even more evidence to what a difference maker the "Stinky"One is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Yeah but the 49ers turned it into an art form.  For years had the leagues best talent and always seemed to have plenty of cap space to acquire the best available players year in and year out.  Don't feel like the F'kin Patriots always have such good talent, even more evidence to what a difference maker the "Stinky"One is

Pats won more, if anything they did it better 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Good observation but I don't know if you'd still be able to manipulate the Salary Cap the way the 49ers used to. Deferring ,Deferring, Deferring.

Pretty sure there was no salary cap back then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Steelers to me. 

Great ownership, coaches never leave, teams always play hard - bunch of Lombardi’s 

Also their priorities, they are always picking up useful wrs always draft pass rushers and have built a good line.  Having said that i am not a big tomlin fan, their front office has done a great job consistently

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I want a team that consistently drafts well, and I think Steelers , Chargers, Chiefs and Saints are my top teams in that area, with the Colts under Chris Ballard quickly rising. The only thing the Pats are a model for is how to get lucky picking a QB in the 6th round. 

and have the three teams in your division suck for 20 yrs

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I want a team that consistently drafts well, and I think Steelers , Chargers, Chiefs and Saints are my top teams in that area, with the Colts under Chris Ballard quickly rising. The only thing the Pats are a model for is how to get lucky picking a QB in the 6th round. 

All 4 of those teams have not been to as many Super Bowls as the pats have lost in the past 10 years 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Pittsburgh - not even close

^^^ this

Consistently drafts well and with some basic common sense behind the picks; most notably this crazy knack for finding WR's after the first. Stability in the FO and with coaches, and every few years they position themselves to make a run. New England is such an anomaly for a couple reasons, but the reality of things is that even the teams with the best QBs don't make a SB run every year. Steelers seem to get to the conference finals 2-3 times per decade and they also make the playoffs more often than not. They also always seem to know when to keep guys and when to let them go (i.e. Santonio, Wallace...etc). Not to mention the Rooneys. Most definitely Pittsburgh.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Pats have had the best QB/Head Coach combo in recent history. When they move on, the franchise will return to what is was before them.

The Steelers are the most consistent/best NFL franchise over history.

The Patriots have been the standard the last 15 years obviously. NFL history didn’t begin in the 1970s or 2000s though. Lol. The Steelers have been terrific, but were long time doormats before Bradshaw, Swann, Harris and the Steel Curtain. The Bears, Packers, and Giants have have been very successful through the history of the league also. The original Cleveland Browns franchise which became the Ravens, is another.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

^^^ this

Consistently drafts well and with some basic common sense behind the picks; most notably this crazy knack for finding WR's after the first. Stability in the FO and with coaches, and every few years they position themselves to make a run. New England is such an anomaly for a couple reasons, but the reality of things is that even the teams with the best QBs don't make a SB run every year. Steelers seem to get to the conference finals 2-3 times per decade and they also make the playoffs more often than not. They also always seem to know when to keep guys and when to let them go (i.e. Santonio, Wallace...etc). Not to mention the Rooneys. Most definitely Pittsburgh.

Curious to see how wonderful the drafts of the Steelers will be when Rothlisberger isn’t there anymore.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...