Jets to interview Mccarthy

Rhg1084

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait!  No one tell him Macc is here!

The JN experts have assured me no qualified candidates will even take an interview with him in the building.  Perhaps they can dress Macc in an Ozzie Newsome costume or something.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Wait!  No one tell him Macc is here!

The JN experts have assured me no qualified candidates will even take an interview with him in the building.  Perhaps they can dress Macc in an Ozzie Newsome costume or something.

Someone is way out over their skis.

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Yeah I want the guy who couldn’t win with Aaron Rodgers and did nothing to develop Kizer. 

Jk. Sign this beast. 

FWIW Kizer is horrible and since the super bowl victory Rodgers ego and salary is what has held them back. Aaron is a total coach killer at this stage.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

The NYJ HC position is one of the most coveted. Oh yea. Jets need to be picky. Mike comes and we grill him. Why should we hire you would be my first question? Second question, what have you done lately? Mike answers, what have you done lately? After some awkward silence, Chris Johnson says, "nothing, you are hired. Macc pack your bags". 

26 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well maybe McCarthy see's reporting directly to Chris Johnson as a positive thing?

^This.  I've been saying this for a while now.  Perhaps some people thought I was joking when I said that it is a HUGE POSITIVE that our new HC will not have to report to the bumbling Maccagnan.  Reporting to Mike Maccagnan would make quality candidates run for the hills.  Of course McCarthy would see this as a major plus to the Jets job.  Maccagnan will be like a pesky mosquito to him but McCarthy can and will have Chris Johnson in his corner to veto Maccagnan's stupidity throughout the season.

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the cardinals don't have a qb.  oh wait they have rosen.  oh wait he's just not so good.

Hopefully this will finally squash this ridiculousness about the Jets job being terrible..

It was reported the Cards offered McCarthy FULL CONTROL and he'd rather interview working side by side with Macc.  Lets see how the haters spin this.

Whether he gets the job or not is irrelevant.  Making this his first interview speaks volumes.

can't say they need to not let mccarthy leave the building but they certainly should use this guy as there standard bearer.  anyone else they want to consider needs to do much better than mccarthy in the interviews.  on the other hand, mccarthy should already be well rested after being fired mid season and so should be able to hit the ground running.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

^This.  I've been saying this for a while now.  Perhaps some people thought I was joking when I said that it is a HUGE POSITIVE that our new HC will not have to report to the bumbling Maccagnan.  Reporting to Mike Maccagnan would make quality candidates run for the hills.  Of course McCarthy would see this as a major plus to the Jets job.  Maccagnan will be like a pesky mosquito to him but he can ans will have Chris Johnson in his corner to veto Maccagnan's stupidity throughout the season.

Yeah and eventually take over the whole operation if he has success.

This is an interesting development.

He knows the rules Johnson has laid out.  No control.  It seems to be the first interview he has accepted.  Jets don't have to wait for a playoff run to end, and possibility get jilted.  

Jets know his resume.  If in an interview they all seem to be on the same page, he could be signed right there if the Jets meet his financial demands.  

Sounds like a quick workable thing instead of their usual drama with these things, that alone would be refreshing.

Get it done Macc 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Did he actually turn them down after all the rumors? 

Supposedly the Cardinals were ready to offer him full control and ditch Keim but he still said no thanks.

Probably doesn’t want to go from one arrogant dickhead QB to a lesser talented dickhead QB.

Thank God for Darnold 

Archived