Jets to interview Mccarthy

Rhg1084

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Almost everyone on this board has it wrong when they see Maccagnan as a detriment to hiring a good HC candidate.  Not being required to report to, or held accountable by, that moron is a major PLUS to this job.   We've seen it here before.  Twice in the last two regimes.   The HC on the Jets gets his way on personnel matters.  So why wouldn't McCarthy want to come here?  It's freaking perfect for him.  He gets one of the two most promising young QB prospects in the league (which is why Cleveland is a competitor for his services), he will have almost complete say and freedom from the idiot GM and he knows he will be able to get Chris Johnson to side with him over anything stupid Maccagnan tries to do just as Bowles and Rex did with their assorted GMs.  He'll have huge say in the draft just like Rex and Bowles too.  Wow.  I'm surprised he hasn't landed at the airport yet.

This is a dream landing site for him.

he might not want to deal with the dick in Cleveland.  And we know Baker could become a dick.

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Just sucks we haven’t interviews a minority coach yet. I don’t even think we can offer him anything today? Either way, get this sh*t done. 

Heck, let's just do a quick interview with KC. He's still being paid as a member of the CS. Him fulfilling the required Rooney Rule interview would be the biggest contribution he's made since he got here.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I love that chick

I trust her information a helluva lot more than our resident dickbrain beat writers like Manish and Cimini.

She reminds me of Taylor Dayne.

But on another note, now I get the Kris Richard interview request. Well played.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I love that chick

I trust her information a helluva lot more than our resident dickbrain beat writers like Manish and Cimini.

Agree. What sealed the deal for me on her was when she was covering the Sandusky nightmare all those years back. As a true blue Penn Stater you could tell it was just killing her, but she was the consummate pro during the whole thing. That really made an impression on me.

26 minutes ago, Larz said:

I would try to make Mccarthy the last interview if possible. 

Bienemy probably won't be able to interview for awhile so wouldn't be surprised if this takes a little bit of time 

See, I dont get this Rooney thing anymore.  It was designed to instigate the interviewing of African American coaches. The Jets themselves have hired two African American coaches.  There are a lot of African American coaches.  Now they are getting fired just like everybody else (3?).  If I was Oriental, I would be really raising a ruckus.

For all the record he has left, McCarthy is an unknown commodity. There’s too little information on his HC experience without a HOF caliber QB. Would be a risky hire with decent chance of hi-fi total disintegration.

The Jets, organizationally, and the NY media market are almost diametrically opposite from the Packers way, although McCagnan - a glorified scout -  is trying to change that somewhat towards draft and retain. McCarthy’s interest is obviously almost entirely about Sam Darnold. MM saw SD up close just a couple weeks ago.

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So you can see where the "nobody will interview here because of Macc" crowd is planting there flag now. Suddenly its become "This is the ideal job because Macc is an idiot and the HC can trample all over him." 

Yup, McCarthy has put that idea into mothballs

5 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Here's how it plays out...

• Jets hire Mike McCarthy to be HC.
  • Kris Richard doesn't get a HC job and the Jets throw a boatload of money at him to become the DC.
  • In a surprise McCarthy hires the relative unknown Mike Kafka, QB coach of the Chiefs as OC.
  • McCarthy keeps Kevin Greene and Brant Boyer as LB and ST coaches respectively.
  • Maccagnan signs Leveon Bell RB, Trent Brown LT, Donte Moncrief, WR , Matt Paradis C and Dee Ford OLB as free agents.
  • Mac then trades out of the #3 slot for #8 #35 and #71.
  • Mac drafts Greedy Williams CB at #8, N'Keal Harry WR at #35, and Beau Benzschawel G, Trey Adams OT and Benny Snell RB in round 3.
  • Fans go wild at Florham Park!  Everyone is in disbelief that Mac spends 4 of his top 5 picks on offense and triples down on fixing the OL! 

The Mike Mac and Mike McC show blows up the NFL!  Jets compete in 2019!

Nothing?

1 minute ago, Vader said:

For all the record he has left, McCarthy is an unknown commodity. There’s too little information on his HC experience without a HOF caliber QB. Would be a risky hire with decent chance of hi-fi total disintegration.

Rodgers was not a HOF QB when he got to GB. He spent 3 years on his ass getting coached.  And then he was a rookie, and then.....

43 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

They should just call Kacy Rodgers into Macc’s office, ask him 2-3 questions then tell him to get the f*ck out.

Question #1: Are you packed?

Question #2: Do you have a ride to the airport?

Question #3: How much for McCarthy to rent your house until he finds his own?

8 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Here's how it plays out...

• Jets hire Mike McCarthy to be HC.
  • Kris Richard doesn't get a HC job and the Jets throw a boatload of money at him to become the DC.
  • In a surprise McCarthy hires the relative unknown Mike Kafka, QB coach of the Chiefs as OC.
  • McCarthy keeps Kevin Greene and Brant Boyer as LB and ST coaches respectively.
  • Maccagnan signs Leveon Bell RB, Trent Brown LT, Donte Moncrief, WR , Matt Paradis C and Dee Ford OLB as free agents.
  • Mac then trades out of the #3 slot for #8 #35 and #71.
  • Mac drafts Greedy Williams CB at #8, N'Keal Harry WR at #35, and Beau Benzschawel G, Trey Adams OT and Benny Snell RB in round 3.
  • Fans go wild at Florham Park!  Everyone is in disbelief that Mac spends 4 of his top 5 picks on offense and triples down on fixing the OL! 

The Mike Mac and Mike McC show blows up the NFL!  Jets compete in 2019!

Switch out Moncrief for a guy like Adam Humphries and I could get behind that. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Look, it's pretty clear that Mac worked with Bowles on the draft and free agency.  Anyone that can't see that is kidding themselves.  McCarthy can come in here and Mac will get him who he wants to make his team run.  Sometimes it's a positive to not have an alpha at GM.

Absolutely.  The 2 safeties are a dead giveaway

Do what it takes to get him signed.  There's 8 jobs open, and a lot of very underwhelming names floating around.  Neither Harbaugh is leaving.  David Shaw is not leaving.  McCarthy is the best candidate that is realistically available. 

I'll be interested to see who he'd bring in as our DC.  I think we need a no-nonsense type to light a fire under the Defense, as we've had many of our top veterans dog throughout the Bowles era (Revis, Tru Johnson, Wilkerson, Richardson, L Williams, etc.).  Gregg Williams would be ideal.

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Yeah I want the guy who couldn’t win with Aaron Rodgers and did nothing to develop Kizer. 

Jk. Sign this beast. 

I'm sure this is tongue in cheek, but there is this sentiment on the board.  Sean Payton won one SB with the Brees and that was 9 years ago.  Most posters here would give their left nut have Payton coach the Jets.  Not sure what makes McCarthy different, the guy is a winning coach.

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Rodgers was not a HOF QB when he got to GB. He spent 3 years on his ass getting coached.  And then he was a rookie, and then.....

His first year starting (like his 4th year) rodgers was 63% 28 TD and 13 int, and was tutored under Brett Favre. Mccarthy inherited Favre in his first years. If Favre was well done and Rodgers was medium rare, Darnold is still on the loins.

6 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Nothing?

Ok I’ll play

K Neal Harry goes in top half of first rd, not second

One of the positives of McCarthy is his experience and contacts-why would he want two inexperienced coordinators?

I like Greedy Williams but think our defense needs an edge rusher more

25 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

If we’re his 1st interview, it’s a bad omen.

the old salesman saying says, “ last one in  gets the business “

happy new year everyone!

not unless he saw darnold in person (which he did) and thought magic 

Looks like he might be interested even though rumors were he was going to Cleveland. To me we have better ownership than the Browns how many coaches, etc have they been through with that owner. An owner to a HC is a deal breaker. I know hard to believe we have better ownership but in this case it's very true. Like them or or not our coaches lasted a legit number of years the only early firing was Idzik. Pat Shurmur only lasted one year with Cleve.  Of course McCarthy could be using the Jets as a bargaining chip to get more money. 

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

Ok I’ll play

K Neal Harry goes in top half of first rd, not second

One of the positives of McCarthy is his experience and contacts-why would he want two inexperienced coordinators?

I like Greedy Williams but think our defense needs an edge rusher more

definitely an edge--the best CB in the world cannot cover for 3 or 4 secs--or, int he Jets case, 11+ seconds

55 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

They should just call Kacy Rodgers into Macc’s office, ask him 2-3 questions then tell him to get the f*ck out.

I think the rule is good but this is the type of situation I wish they could fix. If the Jets interview McCarthy first and are sure they want to hire him they shouldn't be forced to interview another person first just to satisfy a rule. That's doesn't satisfy the spirit of the rule and it's not productive for anyone involved. Imagine losing out on the candidate you want because you had to let them walk out the door for this?

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I think the rule is good but this is the type of situation I wish they could fix. If the Jets interview McCarthy first and are sure they want to hire him they shouldn't be forced to interview another person first just to satisfy a rule. That's doesn't satisfy the spirit of the rule and it's not productive for anyone involved. Imagine losing out on the candidate you want because you had to let them walk out the door for this?

As far as I’m concerned, the Rooney Rule shouldn’t even apply to someone who just previously employed a minority HC.

Archived