Monken to Browns

peekskill68

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because he hired an OC? 

Yeah.  I didn't think they needed one. 

lol   of course not. It just seems like the idea was to have the Kitchens system which was working the later part of the year. I would think Monken a bit more established than they were looking for. I suppose they are looking to try and give Kitchens the ability to be a HC and not have his prints on the offense.  Just seemed other than I took his promotion. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The leash could be a very short one Cleveland. 

That's how I'm seeing it. I think there was probably a lot of discussion about Williams vs Kitchens.  Id say the continuity for Baker was at the forefront of any decisions. Tough stuff actually. I[m not sure why they couldn't just keep the staff as they had it. I can't see Kitchens having a real issue with that. 

Monken is a very good OC but as others have mentioned is a very odd situation with the justification for kitchens being his offense

So Mccarthy didn't go there because he was told he had to keep kitchens, so kitchens gets the job and hires monken

Something doesn't seem to add up

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Excited for your boy lol

I didnt want to hype it but I was really hoping they pulled this off. Kitchens relates well to Baker and Monken has a vertical offense that just needs the right qb that can read the field. There will be some influence from Kitchens offense  but I think it's very smart not to unbalance Kitchens as a HC. Let him bring in an OC who has similar offensive philosophy.

sh*t is about to get real. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I didnt want to hype it but I was really hoping they pulled this off. Kitchens relates well to Baker and Monken has a vertical offense that just needs the right qb that can read the field. There will be some influence from Kitchens offense  but I think it's very smart not to unbalance Kitchens as a HC. Let him bring in an OC who has similar offensive philosophy.

Are you a Jets fan or Browns fan??? You seem way more excited about Mayfield and Browns stuff than Jets stuff

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Can't wait to read your posts the week your team comes to play the Jets.  

10 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He must've not had many offers.  

Will help scheme, but there's no way Kitchens is changing his system or giving up the play calling so soon.

It all depends. Sometimes coaches can sit down with a QB and figure out a gameplan. 

Think about it kitchens doesnt have to give up playcalling, but if Monken has it under control, then maybe it's best that Kitchens can oversee things knowing his relationship with his qb. 

Sometimes being a good HC is knowing when to be a HC and let your OC be that. I think Monken and Kitchens together can come up with an offensive scheme that will be a joy to watch.

Archived