They just called me trying to sell me season tix

Section 339 is about $900 a ticket for the season, thinking of doing it. I’ve done them in the past but have sat out last couple years. What do you think is it a good investment? They have a great schedule this year so worst case scenario I’m sure I can sell some tix on stubhub 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Section 339 is about $900 a ticket for the season, thinking of doing it. I’ve done them in the past but have sat out last couple years. What do you think is it a good investment? They have a great schedule this year so worst case scenario I’m sure I can sell some tix on stubhub 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The tickets are cheap as hell. Wouldn’t $900 for 9 games be a waste of money?

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

is that with a parking pass?

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

is that with a parking pass?

No parking pass, that’s another $250 ($25 a game) I’d prob just take the train there... I’ll prob spring for them I’m pumped for Sam and the upcoming season. Hopefully they put a good product on the field. Cowboys Steelers giants pats all good home games this year. Plus tailgating is always a good time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I was talking about on the secondary market for individual games. I’d never buy a PSL 

That's a foolish decision, but that's up to you.

Another foolish decision would be to get season tickets in the upper deck as you would never sit next to the same fans the whole season and you'll be interrupted by $8 ticket drunks who can't control their language or their bowels.  If you want to go to all 10 home games, buy them on a per-game basis on StubHub and head to the Lower Level where you might get lucky and sit next to some civilized people.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Another foolish decision would be to get season tickets in the upper deck as you would never sit next to the same fans the whole season and you'll be interrupted by $8 ticket drunks who can't control their language or their bowels.  If you want to go to all 10 home games, buy them on a per-game basis on StubHub and head to the Lower Level where you might get lucky and sit next to some civilized people.

SAR I

Why do you care how rich people spend their money? Let the guy go. He’s not a criminal just because he’s not “investing” in a PSL.

We all don’t “own” a seat like you. After all, your name is on it. 

• Upvote 3

This is a good season for season tickets.   With the Cowboys, Steelers and Giants all coming in here.   I sit upper deck corner end zone and pay $500 a season.   You may only want first row or two or if you’re willing to shell out $900 just pay $950 and take mezzanine end zone seats depending if you like sideline or end zone views.   

If you do it demand a yellow parking pass and don’t buy unless they allow you to purchase yellow.  Orange is a disaster.   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Why do you care how rich people spend their money? Let the guy go. He’s not a criminal just because he’s not “investing” in a PSL.

We all don’t “own” a seat like you. After all, your name is on it. 

I don't care how others spend their money but he asked so I answered.  I've never asked anyone advice on season tickets so I don't expect or want any.  Thanks.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

This is a good season for season tickets.   With the Cowboys, Steelers and Giants all coming in here.   I sit upper deck corner end zone and pay $500 a season.   You may only want first row or two or if you’re willing to shell out $900 just pay $950 and take mezzanine end zone seats depending if you like sideline or end zone views.   

If you do it demand a yellow parking pass and don’t buy unless they allow you to purchase yellow.  Orange is a disaster.   

Agree completely that it's a great season to watch Jets games, but the OP is interested in selling games to turn a profit and that's not going to happen in the UD because (estimating) there are 3,000 unsold seats up there that the Jets themselves are moving at discounts and then for a typical game you have (estimating) 2,000 fans who have family/work conflicts.  No matter how compelling the matchup, UD seats have just too much competition with that many seats in the aftermarket to be a wise investment.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Hello Rhg - I just became a season ticket holder.  I went with the corner endzone Mezzanine section 220A and obtained two seats in row 2 for 950 each. its a great view and civilized.  Bathroom access and Concession access absolutely blows away non club seats in the lower bowl.  I usually pay 150 a ticket for a few games a year on stubhub anyway.  Goal is to sell some and attend for free.  High hope for this season.   Best part is no commitment, unlike PSL which is a waste of money.  I have playoff tickets (if applicable)  and the option to keep my awesome seats indefinitely.  

#InSamWeTrust

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, David Harris said:

I’ve stubhubbed grand hall seats (or whatever it’s called) for $100 the day of the last few seasons plus paid $60 for green parking passes

so....

Same here, but the those sort of finds may get more difficult of Darnold is the true savior. 

If someone was ever considering becoming a season tix holder, this may be the year to lock them up because if they get good and Darnold is the face of NY sports, those cheap finds on stubhub will be impossible to find. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Let me clue you in on something, the same thing is happening in the MEZZ and LL section of the stadium. The NY Jets are selling single game tickets without a PSL fee. So you too might not be sitting next to the same fans the entire season for the most part. There are no exclusive seats except for possibly of the family section where there is no alcohol allowed located in 224b where you wont encounter fans under the influence. 

It is a good to purchase PSL seating from the NY Jets and on the after market there are some really good deals available at a fraction of the cost of what original purchases paid.

joewilly12 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Let me clue you in on something, the same thing is happening in the MEZZ and LL section of the stadium. The NY Jets are selling single game tickets without a PSL fee. So you too might not be sitting next to the same fans the entire season for the most part. There are no exclusive seats except for possibly of the family section where there is no alcohol allowed located in 224b where you wont encounter fans under the influence. 

It is a good to purchase PSL seating from the NY Jets and on the after market there are some really good deals available at a fraction of the cost of what original purchases paid.

joewilly12 

I sit in the first row of a terrific, desirable section that I hand-picked on day-one of the PSL selection process.  And as a result I sit next to the same 20 guys and their wives and kids who have become good friends of mine and my families.  And that's what season tickets are really all about; sharing the good times and bad with a consistent set of fans that you think of as brothers.

What happens in other areas of the stadium and on your couch doesn't affect me.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What happens in other areas of the stadium and on your couch doesn't affect me.

Obviously it does because you keep repeating yourself about the drunks and blue collar fans who ruin your fan experience. You know the # to text on rowdy fans by heart.

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

If you're buying in the upper deck you should be doing so because you want to go to the games and not because of resale value. Upper deck tickets will likely have zero resale value, even with the Cowboys and Steelers in town.

Personally I think it's a good season to get in -- I think this season will be fun -- but I just can't imagine wanting to actually go to 10 games. I'd rather splurge on better seasons to two games.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If you're buying in the upper deck you should be doing so because you want to go to the games and not because of resale value. Upper deck tickets will likely have zero resale value, even with the Cowboys and Steelers in town.

Personally I think it's a good season to get in -- I think this season will be fun -- but I just can't imagine wanting to actually go to 10 games. I'd rather splurge on better seasons to two games.

Agree UD tickets hold no value sad to see these tickets on game day during a dismal season going for $6 bucks on StubHub. 

Buy single game tickets here from other fans or from the NY Jets and bargain with them for a free parking pass.

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Point I was trying to make with the resale comment is if they are awful again this year that maybe I could get my money back with those other rabid fan bases coming to town. Obviously I’d be buying them to go and have a good time with my brother. (Not some randomn fans I see 8 times a year who are like family to the other guy apparently)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Point I was trying to make with the resale comment is if they are awful again this year that maybe I could get my money back with those other rabid fan bases coming to town. Obviously I’d be buying them to go and have a good time with my brother. (Not some randomn fans I see 8 times a year who are like family to the other guy apparently)

Rabid fan bases coming to town usually wind up In the LL they are splurging to see their team in their area they don't sit in the UD at least from what I've seen over the years in person and on TV. 

• Upvote 2