We stay at 3 and choose from one of these three. Which do you take?

Jetsfan80

You can only pick one, and it has to be defense. Which do you choose?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which defensive player do you choose?

• Nick Bosa
    • Josh Allen
    • Quinnen Williams

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we change to a 4-3 I would be happy with any of these 3 and having to choose I would probably take Allen.

If we stay in a 3-4 I don't want any of them and would be happier trading out gaining some picks and targeting a real OLB not a one trick pony edge rusher.

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Who even does what Williams does in college.  I've never seen anyone that is this unstoppable  one on one.

I watched the game against Clemson and wasn’t particularly impressed with Q in what should have been the biggest game of his life. 

We heard all this ‘best player in the draft’ nonsense when we drafted Leo. 

16 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Who will be available at #3 is another question. I personally think Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa are gone by the Jets pick. If I'm forced to pick a player at 3 overall I take Jawaan Taylor but part of me so bad wants to draft D.K. Metcalf.

If we get an opportunity to trade down, DK is definitely on my radar. If the Iowa TE Hockenson is still available, then him before DK

15 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Bosa:  even with injury concern that guys has all the tools/pedigree to make it big in NFL.

Allen:  reminds some of Jason Taylor.  We need a guy who gets to the QB.

Q. Williams:  DT fatigue plus Alabama seems to have a guy like him every year who turn out to be nothing special in the NFL.

Bosa will be a 49er

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The one that plays offense and either catches the ball from Sam, gets the ball to Sam or makes sure Sam has time to throw the ball. Those guys. They my favs.

Cool  !  ?

18 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/nick-bosa-ohio-state-buckeyes

Waiting for the letter to the NYJ fans.

Bilateral abdominal core injury and an ACL in HS.

Let's say I have my concerns.

For what it's worth, I'm concerned about this as well.  Their data on Williams and Allen are both great.  The Bosa data, for what it's worth, is not good.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I hate all three.

I do too. It seems that the draft guys and many people here have become obssessed with DL and "edge" rushers and seriously seriously overrate them.  I think all of these guys have huge "how did we miss that" bust potential.

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I do too. It seems that the draft guys and many people here have become obssessed with DL and "edge" rushers and seriously seriously overrate them.  I think all of these guys have huge "how did we miss that" bust potential.

More I read and more I look the worse they seem to get.  Seems there are no "can't miss" guys. So the media seem to create them instead.

57 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

More I read and more I look the worse they seem to get.  Seems there are no "can't miss" guys. So the media seem to create them instead.

Exactly memory my be falling me but wasn’t Gholston raved about by the talking heads. How did that turn out?

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Who even does what Williams does in college.  I've never seen anyone that is this unstoppable  one on one.

Omg. What is, the Jon Gruden show?

100 “all star” defensive tackles have done what he did. I can handle someone favouring QW over say a corner or something, but PUUUUUHHHHLEASE - over an edge rusher??

BRO

HAVE YOU SLEPT THROUGH THE LAST 10 YEARS. 

We drafted 1000 DTs, and it’s generated exactly fck all in the Qb pressure department, we can’t even sniff their jockstrap let alone an actual sack. Newsflash: that will not in change with Williams. Not with him rotating at end with Leonard and Henry. Are you mad?

1 year  of production. Playing on the best team in the country. With the softer than normal schedule. Against teams who are down by 30 points on average at half time. Say that sh*t out loud and tell me he’s a better choice than Bosa and I swear to God I will fly over to wherever you are, pretend to be your friend, get you pissed, and then happily throw you off a bridge 

57 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Omg. What is, the Jon Gruden show?

100 “all star” defensive tackles have done what he did. I can handle someone favouring QW over say a corner or something, but PUUUUUHHHHLEASE - over an edge rusher??

BRO

HAVE YOU SLEPT THROUGH THE LAST 10 FCKING YEARS. 

We drafted 1000 DTs, and it’s generated exactly fck all in the Qb pressure department, we can’t even sniff their jockstrap let alone an actual sack. Newsflash: that will not in change with Williams. Not with him rotating at end with Leonard and Henry. Are you mad?

1 year  of production. Playing on the best team in the country. With the softer than normal schedule. Against teams who are down by 30 points on average at half time. Say that sh*t out loud and tell me he’s a better choice than Bosa and I swear to God I will fly over to wherever you are, pretend to be your friend, get you pissed, and then happily throw you off a bridge 

Ok, I laughed at that last part. 

I watch a fair amount of college football and no, I don't agree he is your run of the mill blue chip. This guy is a beast and he is freakishly fast. I also don't  think Bosa is a slam dunk or do I think that of Allen. They both have imo more bust potential than Williams.  And any other DT drafted by the Jets has no bearing on how productive Williams will be. I'll be sure not to walk along any bridges for the next few months

Quinnen Williams is no Leo Williams,,,,er....quinton coples....uh....Sheldon richardson, ummm...mo wilkerson....ah.....Dwayne Robertson!

Screw that.  DT's do not help you win for the most part in todays game.  Also Williams is not as clean as some are saying.  He has had about one year of production.  He also did nothing as Bama got eviscerated in the national champ game.

No olb pass rushers, no oline help, no weapons for the Qb.  Same thing every year and we draft the same 'safe' pick that does not in the end help you win.

I'll be pissed if we draft Williams.  Will he be a decent player?  Sure and he'll look good his 1st year, much like Leo and shel and mo wilk did.  None of those guys helped us win.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, I laughed at that last part. 

I watch a fair amount of college football and no, I don't agree he is your run of the mill blue chip. This guy is a beast and he is freakishly fast. I also don't  think Bosa is a slam dunk or do I think that of Allen. They both have imo more bust potential than Williams.  And any other DT drafted by the Jets has no bearing on how productive Williams will be. I'll be sure not to walk along any bridges for the next few months

Drafting ANOTHER DT to rotate as an end is the definition of not moving the needle. End of discussion for me. There’s zero chance rotating QW provides more (direct or indirect) impact on the field than Allen or Bosa at OLB. zero. 

Down by 30 at half time. Think about that. 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Down by 30 at half time. Think about that. 

Every game he started as a collegiate player was a blowout, except for one. In that one game he did jacksh*t.

6 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

For what it's worth, I'm concerned about this as well.  Their data on Williams and Allen are both great.  The Bosa data, for what it's worth, is not good.

He could be the Gronkowski of DE's.....great player, always getting injured, taking a beating and breaking down.  Early retirement.

I know about BPA and all that but fit and scheme ABSOLUTELY have to be considered.  The Jets confirmed with action what they've said verbally, they're going to stick with a 3-4 even if Gregg Williams has roots in the 4-3.  The Jets just signed CJ Mosely to play 3-4 ILB and are paying him a boatload of money.  They pursued Anthony Barr hard, they still have Avery Williamson, Jordan Jenkins and (at least for now) Darron Lee.  They re-signed Brandon Copeland.  This isn't a head fake.  The Jets are apparently married to the 3-4.

So where are we going to play Quinnen Williams if we draft him? We're going to keep either him or Leo off the field 50% of the time?  No way.  Not buying it.  And, we just paid Henry Anderson what, $25M?  Leo is on a one-year $14M deal?  None of those guys play NT.

Quinnen Williams is not a fit unless he's an upgrade for Leo and we're trading Leo.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I know about BPA and all that but fit and scheme ABSOLUTELY have to be considered.  The Jets confirmed with action what they've said verbally, they're going to stick with a 3-4 even if Gregg Williams has roots in the 4-3.  The Jets just signed CJ Mosely to play 3-4 ILB and are paying him a boatload of money.  They pursued Anthony Barr hard, they still have Avery Williamson, Jordan Jenkins and (at least for now) Darron Lee.  They re-signed Brandon Copeland.  This isn't a head fake.  The Jets are apparently married to the 3-4.

So where are we going to play Quinnen Williams if we draft him? We're going to keep either him or Leo off the field 50% of the time?  No way.  Not buying it.  And, we just paid Henry Anderson what, $25M?  Leo is on a one-year $14M deal?  None of those guys play NT.

Quinnen Williams is not a fit unless he's an upgrade for Leo and we're trading Leo.

Interesting that NFL.com comparison for Josh Allen is Anthony Barr.  Not sure of a good comp or not, but goes with your argument of fit and type of player Jets are looking for (if they stay at 3).

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Quinnen Williams is no Leo Williams,,,,er....quinton coples....uh....Sheldon richardson, ummm...mo wilkerson....ah.....Dwayne Robertson!

Screw that.  DT's do not help you win for the most part in todays game.  Also Williams is not as clean as some are saying.  He has had about one year of production.  He also did nothing as Bama got eviscerated in the national champ game.

No olb pass rushers, no oline help, no weapons for the Qb.  Same thing every year and we draft the same 'safe' pick that does not in the end help you win.

I'll be pissed if we draft Williams.  Will he be a decent player?  Sure and he'll look good his 1st year, much like Leo and shel and mo wilk did.  None of those guys helped us win.

the Jets were up by 18 points on the GB packers when Leonard Williams was ejected. They lost that game. 

a D lineman can help the team win games or at least not lose them. He's not impactful enough in and of himself like a QB but the Jets have holes everywhere. 

this whole "DT don't impact the game" is a garbage logic and it neglects what the actual sack leader list looks like these days

bottom line the Jets need to take the best available player, the guy most likely to wear a gold jacket. Not the guy who fills the specific need for 2019

Archived