Tony Pauline: "The entire Jets organization needs to be totally cleansed from top to bottom & side to side for any real positive change."

6 hours ago, tdoublee said:

All of these writers are just trying to outdo each other for the "hottest take" at this point. It's getting silly and overblown.

Can't wait until camp officially starts so we can focus on football again.

This is 2013 all over again

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Oh I'm sorry, are you angry that the spoiled billionaire doesn't care what you think? 

They don't care what he thinks but they care about looking like schmucks in front of Liz Hurley. The issue is that this fanbase isn't going to throw itself into loud sustained support of anything that is actually a good idea.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

They don't care what he thinks but they care about looking like schmucks in front of Liz Hurley. The issue is that this fanbase isn't going to throw itself into loud sustained support of anything that is actually a good idea.

Pretty much. Just like ya said, the only thing dumber than a Jets' fan... 

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

There is no difference between anointing Gase HC and interim GM in Feburary and doing it in May.  It's not like there were these great GM candidates out there tailor-made to step in on a dime with an entirely new scouting and analytics department with 4 weeks to prepare for free agency and 7 weeks to prepare for the draft.

Johnson and Gase were intimately involved in this years FA and draft processes, Mike Maccagnan a mere puppet doing all the dirty work at their behest. 

Our owner is just fine.  He spends money and takes bold chances.  That's all any fan would want from its ownership in the NFL.  And he got the best HC candidate out there this year in Adam Gase.  And he got the best DC candidate out there in Gregg Williams.  And he traded up and got us our franchise quarterback.  I'd say Mr. Johnson is doing just fine as a new NFL CEO thank you.

SAR I

CJ traded up for Darnold? That's a stretch in a post filled with stretches.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Seems highly rational for a dude in his late 50's / 60's

GettyImages-531758500.jpg

On 5/18/2019 at 10:02 AM, Big_Slick said:

Just who the heck is this guy and why does anyone follow him? Maccagnan was an anchor dragging the Jets down to the bottom of the league. Better firing him late than never.

CJ is only interested in turning a profit, as are almost all of the billionaire owners. They win where it matters the most - the bottom line, the rest is just BS to them.

Gase is the best HC we've had since Parcells. I watched every game the Fin's played and this guy gets the most out of JAG players. I'm really looking forward to what he does w/Sam.

Pauline has been a Jet fan probably longer than you've been alive - there's even youtube footage somewhere of him sitting in I think the Marriott back in the late 1980s with Jets gear on at the draft. As a number of posters on here know he used to post a bit on JI when it was still solvent: his pro-Republican rants were quite over the top at times but his draft stuff and insider knowledge was money 90% of the time.

Sad to say he's likely very much on point with this take - most of the time he usually is and you can be damned sure he has a few connects to the Jets given he's a fan and has been in the industry for decades.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PLO said:

Pauline has been a Jet fan probably longer than you've been alive - there's even youtube footage somewhere of him sitting in I think the Marriott back in the late 1980s with Jets gear on at the draft. As a number of posters on here know he used to post a bit on JI when it was still solvent: his pro-Republican rants were quite over the top at times but his draft stuff and insider knowledge was money 90% of the time.

Sad to say he's likely very much on point with this take - most of the time he usually is and you can be damned sure he has a few connects to the Jets given he's a fan and has been in the industry for decades.

In the industry sweet merciful crap. Maybe in the sense that groupies are in the music industry.

8 hours ago, PLO said:

Ok, Tony.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PLO said:

Did you know Pauline is also president of the Kyle Wilson fanclub?

10 hours ago, PLO said:

I'm older than my profile states. Family had season tickets back in '66 and I sat in Shea freezing my butt off when the Jets came back and beat the Raiders for the AFC championship game.

This season, after Mac finally getting the ax, is the best I've felt about the Jets chances since Parcells in '98. FQB on a rookie deal is the key to putting a SB contender together in today's NFL.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

CJ traded up for Darnold? That's a stretch in a post filled with stretches.

You don’t think the CEO of a team without a franchise quarterback since forever didn’t give the order to trade up to grab one of them?  You think Christopher Johnson was on a yacht in the Mediterranean while the biggest move in recent team history went down without his knowledge?

That’s not how $3 billion dollar corporations function.  Christopher Johnson has his hands all over this franchise.  He’s the reason we’re making the playoffs this year.  It wasn’t Bowles, it wasn’t Maccagnan.  CJ is an animal; so too is his new HC and GM.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Did you know Pauline is also president of the Kyle Wilson fanclub?

Oh, he's definitely had his misses over the years - but he's a level or two above beat reporters or your run-of-the-mill "for NFL network/ESPN/SI etc" draftnik. Anyone who is in the predicting future business is going to get things wrong occasionally. The thing I found most objectionable about him was some of that political stuff on the JI board he typed up as CBNY and the fact he really looked down his nose at certain other posters (some probably deservedly so) - the inside info he had on the game was generally solid stuff all things considered.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Whatever you say, T.

Well, I guess people do mistake Tony the Wiz on here for Tony Pauline so another mistake won't matter that much. However its 1.30 am here right now (in Wagga Wagga, NSW where I am without doubt the only Jets fan resident) and its past my bedtime, so I'll leave you ladies and gentlemen to it.

27 minutes ago, PLO said:

Well, I guess people do mistake Tony the Wiz on here for Tony Pauline so another mistake won't matter that much. However its 1.30 am here right now (in Wagga Wagga, NSW where I am without doubt the only Jets fan resident) and its past my bedtime, so I'll leave you ladies and gentlemen to it.

Lol nobody mistakes him for Tony Pauline.

Tony Pauline: "The entire Jets organization needs to be totally cleansed from top to bottom & side to side for any real positive change."

I would like to suggest that this cleansing start with the media.  From top to bottom and side to side, take everyone from Pauline and Caporoso to Manish, Cimini, Costello, etc. and have them discreetly reassign themselves to other things in this world, be it covering a different NFL team or covering the Rutgers marching band.  I don't really care, just perform a cleansing of the sources and methods by which fans of the NY Jets get their information and bring in a new group of true, objective journalists who can deliver the news and not write soap operas.

1 hour ago, PLO said:

Oh, he's definitely had his misses over the years - but he's a level or two above beat reporters or your run-of-the-mill "for NFL network/ESPN/SI etc" draftnik. Anyone who is in the predicting future business is going to get things wrong occasionally. The thing I found most objectionable about him was some of that political stuff on the JI board he typed up as CBNY and the fact he really looked down his nose at certain other posters (some probably deservedly so) - the inside info he had on the game was generally solid stuff all things considered.

This is a fair summary of Tony.  Political commentary was always a bit much as this is a football site, whatever your political leaning.  But his knowledge of the game and team, and access behind the scenes, is better than most.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

You don’t think the CEO of a team without a franchise quarterback since forever didn’t give the order to trade up to grab one of them?  You think Christopher Johnson was on a yacht in the Mediterranean while the biggest move in recent team history went down without his knowledge?

That’s not how $3 billion dollar corporations function.  Christopher Johnson has his hands all over this franchise.  He’s the reason we’re making the playoffs this year.  It wasn’t Bowles, it wasn’t Maccagnan.  CJ is an animal; so too is his new HC and GM.

SAR I

I hope you are right but signs do not point to it

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

I hope you are right but signs do not point to it

No, the signs dont point to it.

The next argument we will get is going to be how CJ spent millions of dollars on free agents this year.  As if money matters given there is a cap floor and they have made over a billion dollars on this team. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rammagen said:

no people are pissed because we have no legitimate replacement

The timing as far as the month, is meaningless.   The issue is that we are now faced with a worst case situation of every candidate knowing that we could fire him and start this whole thing over in 2 years either by Gase continuing to be Gase or because Woody comes back from his stint abroad and wants to clean house.  And a best case of only being able to bring in someone who wants to work with Gase.

By not firing Mac in January, CJ let him run the coaching search and completely botch it by doing things like telling Matt Rhule that he couldnt pick his staff.  Then we wind up with Gase (which hopefully works out) and Mac continues his ineptitude to such a level that he gets fired after the draft and now we need a GM who is willing to come into a less than ideal situation.  

Now personally, I think Sam is an elite enough prospect and that there is enough talent here that we should be successful, but there is no denying that GM candidates who could wait and get a 4 year deal paired with a HC at the same time (like in SF) vs joining the Jets in this situation might opt not to come here.

18 hours ago, PLO said:

How has he been in the industry for decades

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

The timing as far as the month, is meaningless.   The issue is that we are now faced with a worst case situation of every candidate knowing that we could fire him and start this whole thing over in 2 years either by Gase continuing to be Gase or because Woody comes back from his stint abroad and wants to clean house.  And a best case of only being able to bring in someone who wants to work with Gase.

By not firing Mac in January, CJ let him run the coaching search and completely botch it by doing things like telling Matt Rhule that he couldnt pick his staff.  Then we wind up with Gase (which hopefully works out) and Mac continues his ineptitude to such a level that he gets fired after the draft and now we need a GM who is willing to come into a less than ideal situation.  

Now personally, I think Sam is an elite enough prospect and that there is enough talent here that we should be successful, but there is no denying that GM candidates who could wait and get a 4 year deal paired with a HC at the same time (like in SF) vs joining the Jets in this situation might opt not to come here.

the timing of this is everything you have a gm you think about firing and let him run the search for the new coach what does that say about the owner. You thought enough about him to fire him but l;et partake in hiring the coach that makes no sense what so ever.

It is not that fact I dislike and have no faith in gase as he has done nothing to deserve this type of power in organization, Crap we might as be able to run the team

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ok, Tony.

He's right. Back then before you were even alive he would break news,  mostly draft related that no one else would report, and he was right. He was one of the few insiders that ever posted on these boards.