Jamal Adams "Arguably the best Safety in the League" Video Breakdown

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Again, it’s a nickname. 

He’s not calling himself the best safety in football. 

I don’t know, it’s just weird to me Jet fans dumping on one of our better players.

He’s not Buster Skrine or Wayne Hunter.

Whatever, yeah you’re right, he sucks. 

Stop arguing with the spam bot.  He's been very methodically backing off his ridiculous Adams stance over the last 6 months. 

By the end of next year he'll have found a new target for his verbal diarrhea.  Probably Nathan Shepherd.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Other than the 20/20 hindsight experts squealing about Pat Mahomes and Watson there really is only 1 or maybe 2 better picks than Adams that were taken in the top 15.

If you held it all over again he'd go no worse than 5th.

I think the Watson love is overblown and maintain that for the next decade Adams/Darnold will be better than Watson/Nelson.

Mahomes was damn good but lets see if he can duplicate last years production without Ty Hill and Kareem Hunt.  I'm guessing he can't.

The Mahomes crowd reminds me of the 5 million people now claiming they were at Woodstock when it was really between 400,000 and 500,000. 

It’s amazing that there are now thousands of Jet fans who have never once watched a college football game claiming “we shoulda taken dat guy, he’s really good”. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Stop arguing with the spam bot.  He's been very methodically backing off his ridiculous Adams stance over the last 6 months. 

By the end of next year he'll have found a new target for his verbal diarrhea.  Probably Nathan Shepherd.

It’s kind of sad, really. 

I truly don’t get it. 

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

How many times must it be said? When your Safety is the best player on your team YOUR TEAM SUCKS. Hopefully that won't be the case this year and Adams will be ONE of the best players on this team. Big difference.

All I want Adams to do is keep his mouth shut, win some football games and play his ass off. That's how he will win my respect. Talking sh*t about how good you are on a 4-12 team is bullsh*t IMO. You're 4-12. You have nothing to talk sh*t about.

TWO answers to this.........

1) Who cares? How is it that the defense sucks has ANYTHING to do with Jamal Adams? As we're discussing, Adams is probably the best defensive player the Jets have. So obviously he does his part, unfortunately there's a general overall lack of talent on the defense. But once again that had nothing to do with Jamal Adams.

2) Why does he have to keep his mouth shut? He already plays his ass off and is a team leader. Whatever he's said is all relevant to making the Jets a better team. He's talks the talk and he walks the walk. 

He also doesn't boast how great he is. He voices his expectations for himself for the season. There's a difference.

He does everything right. Yet, there's people like yourself that somehow have a problem with that? No offense, but I take it your one of those people that's not happy unless you're miserable?

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Your first point is irrelevant, it’s not his fault he’s the best player on his team and you can’t blame 1 player out of 53 for a teams suck. 

The second point, I don’t think he’s the one doing talking about how good he is. That’s for others to say. 

Like DeShaun Watson. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/deshaun-watson-jets-jamal-adams-one-of-the-best-players-in-nfl

I have no problem with what other people say about Adams. It's what Adams sez about Adams. I thought that was quite clear. If not it is now.

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Nathan Shepherd has better triangle numbers than Jamal Adams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That's rebutting an arguement correctly..... good points. I still think Derwin Is better. 

Also makes the point a safety doesn't impact a defense all that much. As the Bolts got more talented, Derwin started making plays. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

TWO answers to this.........

1) Who cares? How is it that the defense sucks has ANYTHING to do with Jamal Adams? As we're discussing, Adams is probably the best defensive player the Jets have. So obviously he does his part, unfortunately there's a general overall lack of talent on the defense. But once again that had nothing to do with Jamal Adams.

2) Why does he have to keep his mouth shut? He already plays his ass off and is a team leader. Whatever he's said is all relevant to making the Jets a better team. He's talks the talk and he walks the walk. 

He also doesn't boast how great he is. He voices his expectations for himself for the season. There's a difference.

He does everything right. Yet, there's people like yourself that somehow have a problem with that? No offense, but I take it your one of those people that's not happy unless you're miserable?

LOL. Dude I personally dont give a rats ass what your opinion of me is or what I post. You don't like it too bad. Adams talks sh*t on a 4-12 team. Come on. Its bullsh*t. You can talk the talk but when your team sucks and gives up leads in the 4th qtr on the defense you're a part of the last thing you should be doing is boasting. Adams does this. We will see what the future may bring but Adams has not earned the right to talk sh*t when they are losing leads late. Great Players effect the outcome of the game. sh*t talkers whine about it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I have no problem with what other people say about Adams. It's what Adams sez about Adams. I thought that was quite clear. If not it is now.

What does Adams say about Adams?

He’s not claiming he’s the best. 

He's confident. I like that, especially for a player that made 2nd Team All Pro. 

Sorry that you don’t. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The Mahomes crowd reminds me of the 5 million people now claiming they were at Woodstock when it was really between 400,000 and 500,000. 

It’s amazing that there are now thousands of Jet fans who have never once watched a college football game claiming “we shoulda taken dat guy, he’s really good”. 

Its like the same ones who will bitch and moan if the Jets don't hire Joe Douglas , who up until a month ago had no idea even who he was. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Its like the same ones who will bitch and moan if the Jets don't hire Joe Douglas , who up until a month ago had no idea even who he was. 

F*cking Chris Johnson sucks we didn’t sign Jim Douglas I mean Joe Dinkless I mean that really great GM!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bugg said:

Don't take football stat breakdowns as totally dispositive; there's too much going on on every play to say Player X was the difference maker, nor doesn't account for the other players on the unit making a play or failing. Saw a breakdown that while Adams was among the 10 best safeties vs. the run, he was also among the bottom 10 in pass defense. As to the later, entirely possible the lack of a pass rush and the general awfulness of the rest of the other defenders might very well play a big part of that. Clearly he is very good against the run, but that isn't nearly as important as passing defense. Which is in large part because DBs generally and safeties especially are overhead roster filler under the PI rules. Shutdown corners no longer exist, and as to the jets' defense, they got beat every week by allowing QBs all day to find a receiver. After the 2.8 seconds, your DBs barely matter. And if anyone starts with telling a Jets fan that any DB hits hard, BFD. 

Simply mindboggling ANY team would take a safety in the first round, over a QB. But the 2017 Jets, a team without an offense, used their top 2 picks for safeties. Adams might be a great safety, but that's kinda the point; he's a safety.

If you’re Maccagnan and you pick Mahomes or Watson first of all you have to play them, right away, next if they don’t play well, that’s it you’re Fired.  Also picking a QB at 6 announces to the world that your Hackenberg pick is a total bust...better to try to pretend it’s not and gutlessly take the Consensus player which is a built in excuse in itself, that hopefully will extend your employment.

Everything that f**kin moron did was so transparent in proving that the Jets as a team were a distant second in this guy’s priorities.

But now it’s totally understandable, because we now know that he was about to be FIRED AS A SCOUT in Houston and somehow, miraculously, was upped to GM of an NFL team.

Also the fact that it’s now known that Gase quickly became disgusted at Maccagnan’s inability to make decisions in a timely manner is more evidence of how incredibly in over his head this guy was and how he lacked confidence in his own abilities ie he KNOWS he is a Moron, which of course is why he locked himself in his office his entire tenure and tried to lay low while collecting paychecks.

Good Riddance...how ANYONE can be upset about the “timing” of firing this guy is beyond me.  ANY day of the year was a good day.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

If you’re Maccagnan and you pick Mahomes or Watson first of all you have to play them, right away, next if they don’t play well, that’s it you’re Fired.  Also picking a QB at 6 announces to the world that your Hackenberg pick is a total bust...better to try to pretend it’s not and gutlessly take the Consensus player which is a built in excuse in itself, that hopefully will extend your employment.

Everything that f**kin moron did was so transparent in proving that the Jets as a team were a distant second in this guy’s priorities.

But now it’s totally understandable, because we now know that he was about to be FIRED AS A SCOUT in Houston and somehow, miraculously, was upped to GM of an NFL team.

Also the fact that it’s now known that Gase quickly became disgusted at Maccagnan’s inability to make decisions in a timely manner is more evidence of how incredibly in over his head this guy was and how he lacked confidence in his own abilities ie he KNOWS he is a Moron, which of course is why he locked himself in his office his entire tenure and tried to lay low while collecting paychecks.

Good Riddance...how ANYONE can be upset about the “timing” of firing this guy is beyond me.  ANY day of the year was a good day.

I agree with your post 100%

I also was concerned about the timing of MacCagnan's dismissal and your post disabused me of that notion too.  

I should have been dancing in the street with that NINCOMPOOP being shown the door!!!!

Thank you I stand fully corrected!!!

Also to others out here arguing that those of us wanting Mahomes are now "making it up" need to read  your post over and over again to realize how OBVIOUS a move it was to pick up a QB in that draft and why some still harbor ill feelings towards Adams....

Let me say it again getting a QB in that draft was the obvious move instead of HOPING that Hackenberg was going to magically morph into Johnny Unitas!! 

But we all need to let it go now......

Adams is here now and he a Great Player for the Jets!!!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal Adams was on a team of All Americans at LSU and was this exact same player. There is no better version of Jamal Adams.

That LSU player on a team full of All Americans ended up being a top 10 pick. 

That same player on the pro level ended up being an all pro playing with a bunch of scrubs. 

That LSU defense you mentioned was probably more talented than what Adams been playing with.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Dude I personally dont give a rats ass what your opinion of me is or what I post. You don't like it too bad. Adams talks sh*t on a 4-12 team. Come on. Its bullsh*t. You can talk the talk but when your team sucks and gives up leads in the 4th qtr on the defense you're a part of the last thing you should be doing is boasting. Adams does this. We will see what the future may bring but Adams has not earned the right to talk sh*t when they are losing leads late. Great Players effect the outcome of the game. sh*t talkers whine about it.

No need to get bent out of shape. I was just wondering how you'd reply to my well thought out and logical answers? I guess I shouldn't have expected anything insightful. Shame on me.

53 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That LSU player on a team full of All Americans ended up being a top 10 pick. 

That same player on the pro level ended up being an all pro playing with a bunch of scrubs. 

That LSU defense you mentioned was probably more talented than what Adams been playing with.

I wonder if Adams is the pick there for us if it wasn’t a bad GM (who will never be a GM again) and a bad HC/former scrappy SS (who will never be a HC again) making it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Jamal Adams was NOT the reason the NY Jets were 4-12 

Carry on. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree with your post 100%

I also was concerned about the timing of MacCagnan's dismissal and your post disabused me of that notion too.  

I should have been dancing in the street with that NINCOMPOOP being shown the door!!!!

Thank you I stand fully corrected!!!

Also to others out here arguing that those of us wanting Mahomes are now "making it up" need to read  your post over and over again to realize how OBVIOUS a move it was to pick up a QB in that draft and why some still harbor ill feelings towards Adams....

Let me say it again getting a QB in that draft was the obvious move instead of HOPING that Hackenberg was going to magically morph into Johnny Unitas!! 

But we all need to let it go now......

Adams is here now and he a Great Player for the Jets!!!

I not only wanted Mahomes drafted at 6 but I also posted on these boards that he was going to have a first full season on par with Marino’s.  I said that he was going to “tear up the entire league”.  Side note: I’ve been wrong before..but definitely not this time.  Also had Mahomes on my Fantasy squad.  That was nice haha.

Now I predict that Darnold will be close to Mahomes after a real GM fills out an Offense around him.  Also, a Wildcard berth THIS year.

Again, no possible way that Idiot Maccagnan could have picked a QB when he picked a Safety. First he’s admitting his Hackenberg pick is a quick bust (like most of his picks) and second there is the bust risk in the pick itself which means the job he never deserved in the first place is gone.

I knew there was no way he was going QB before the pick was made.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I not only wanted Mahomes drafted at 6 but I also posted on these boards that he was going to have a first full season on par with Marino’s.  I said that he was going to “tear up the entire league”.  Side note: I’ve been wrong before..but definitely not this time.  Also had Mahomes on my Fantasy squad.  That was nice haha.

Now I predict that Darnold will be close to Mahomes after a real GM fills out an Offense around him.  Also, a Wildcard berth THIS year.

Again, no possible way that Idiot Maccagnan could have picked a QB when he picked a Safety. First he’s admitting his Hackenberg pick is a quick bust (like most of his picks) and second there is the bust risk in the pick itself which means the job he never deserved in the first place is gone.

I knew there was no way he was going QB before the pick was made.

Thank you!

I am hoping that Darnold can be that impactfull!!!!

If Darnold ends up playing nearly as well as Mahomes did this past season we have a playoff berth and some noise to be made in the post season in our collective futures.....

What made the whole Mahomes non-pick so frustrating was we all knew that we needed a QB and the basic model had to be keep drafting someone until you get it right, not ride a donkey in Hackenburg and pretend somehow he was going to turn into a thoroughbred.

The cover you butt GM moves that MacCagnan  made were fundamentally good for him and not the organization.  Hence the reason why we STILL have a terrible OL and non-impacting CBs...

24 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

I am hoping that Darnold can be that impactfull!!!!

If Darnold ends up playing nearly as well as Mahomes did this past season we have a playoff berth and some noise to be made in the post season in our collective futures.....

What made the whole Mahomes non-pick so frustrating was we all knew that we needed a QB and the basic model had to be keep drafting someone until you get it right, not ride a donkey in Hackenburg and pretend somehow he was going to turn into a thoroughbred.

The cover you butt GM moves that MacCagnan  made were fundamentally good for him and not the organization.  Hence the reason why we STILL have a terrible OL and non-impacting CBs...

Oh don’t worry about Darnold at all.

Not only is he gifted physically but he’s alao supposed to be highly intelligent and this is key what I’m about to say.  He has innate gifts MOST of the QBs in the league DON’T HAVE, and that’s an incredible sense of pocket presence and a gift of “spatial perception” that most also don’t have. And that’s the ability to visualize the outcome of a play in a millisecond, that’s how he “throws receivers open” as the lingo goes.

You already saw both, and the stats for the last quarter of the season where he led the NFL is the evidence....after the “light went on”.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Carry on. 

Maybe so, maybe not. I do remember Adams celebrating a 4th and 1 stop in the 4th qtr last year...........when they were down by 4 TD's. I think it was against the Pats but I can't be sure. That's what I'm talking about.

14 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

No need to get bent out of shape. I was just wondering how you'd reply to my well thought out and logical answers? I guess I shouldn't have expected anything insightful. Shame on me.

Well thought out and logical? Now that's funny. As for me getting bent out of shape? Not even close. To say someone is unhappy because they dared to question your hero worship of an in the box safety who runs his mouth like he gets paid by the word I'd say it was you who was getting bent out of shape. No worries. Go follow him on Twitter and lap up his Tweets like the fanboy you are.

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Carry on. 

By the same token, any safety, be it  Adams or someone not as good at the same position, doesn't really change things very much  either. Institutionally this franchise has overvalued defense generally and DBs especially forever. And been doing so during a time when the rules as enforced make stopping a decent passing attack very difficult. Such that the marginal utility of spending high draft picks on DBs makes no sense. 

• Upvote 1

I hear so many people talk about how much Adams talk, but what does he say really? What is he saying that is so out of this world?

Im starting to think that this is the alternative excuse used when you cant continue to blame him for Maccagnan picking him instead of Mahomes or Watson. 

I've never woke up to news about Jamal "El Presidente" Adams saying something crazy. 

Folks need to just embrace that we have a very good player.

• Upvote 1