Where did the Jets take Joe Douglas out to dinner?

Some fancy steakhouse in the city? Who’s at this dinner? Chris Johnson and Gase? Are they ordering booze? What the heck are they talking about at the dinner

Well it was a few days ago now, but if they went at Watchung...prob water and wine
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

God only knows. Maybe they decided to have a dinner meeting catered at Florham Park? To avoid paparazzi and most fans? 

I just hope the meeting goes well and that just once the Johnson brothers manage to make a good hire. You know the HC, the staff, the trainers, etc. None of that stuff makes a damn bit of difference. What matters is hiring a GM that knows how to draft talent.

How awkward must be sitting at a dinner table with Chris Johnson and Adam Gase? The two biggest weirdos I’ve ever seen. If you’re  Douglas do you go in there trying to crack a couple jokes to break the ice? Or just keep it straight laced in case your joke falls flat. “Don’t worry Chris, Brady can’t play forever haha” ... crickets 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Thanks my wife thinks I’m ok. I’m just curious about the intricacies of these types of things. Who picks up the tab??? 

Wait, really? Is it not obvious? Pretend the person you want to hire is your wife and there is your answer. If your wife is the one who generally pays please provide details in the off topic lounge and title it as educational.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Some fancy steakhouse in the city? Who’s at this dinner? Chris Johnson and Gase? Are they ordering booze? What the heck are they talking about at the dinner

I think it's usually one of the private rooms at Jockey Hollow in Morristown.  The Johnsons and other meetings have been referenced there.  

17 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I would have suggested Serenade in Chatham. 

Worked out for me on quite a few dates. 

I was there like 15 years ago or more.  Small and quaint.  Not for a GM hire type meet up.  

• Upvote 1