Winovich

Jetster

19 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Who are you, the thread police? Like Blade Runner hovering over the filthy skyline of Jetsnation. 

No, I just think it’s asinine to start a thread on a topic that’s being discussed in another thread. Kinda makes it look like you’re trolling

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

No, I just think it’s asinine to start a thread on a topic that’s being discussed in another thread. Kinda makes it look like you’re trolling

I'm going to disagree with you here. One, Jetster is a huge, filthy homer and his opinions are generally disgusting and sad. Two, there were a lot of really good, safe prospects drafted after Polite that will be fun to keep an eye on: Winovich, David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, David Long, etc. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

This forum needs it's own "player regret" topic, to gather up all these players and topics. 

We can call it the "Whiny Little Bitches" thread...go in there and cry about things that have been done in the past that no amount of bitching and moaning can change.

"Hey did you hear...Kamara had 150 yards and 3 TDs?"

"Hey...how about that Mahomes guy....pretty good ain't he?"

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

We can call it the "Whiny Little Bitches" thread...go in there and cry about things that have been done in the past that no amount of bitching and moaning can change.

"Hey did you hear...Kamara had 150 yards and 3 TDs?"

"Hey...how about that Mahomes guy....pretty good ain't he?"

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

I subscribe to it. Though, of all the misses people here were screaming for that Vincovich dude even more than usual. I never heard of him but I even wanted him by the time we drafted Polite instead. Got worse once the Pats took him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

So seeing as I have NFL game pass I decided to watch a bit of our competition & tuned into Pats vs Titans. I wanted to see for myself if the talk in New England about this 3rd rounder they drafted being a steal was true.

Let me just say this, the telecast had Titans announcers, the 4th time I saw #50 pressuring the QB, the announcers proclaimed, somebody better start blocking #50. 

I don't need to tell you who wears #50 for the Pats. Another huge gaffe brought to you by the departed Mike McCaggnan except we'll get to see this mistake two times a year in the AFC East. Polite looks like a SLUG compared to Winovich. Very disappointing & another example that fans posting at Jetsnation drafted better than our own GM. F*ck you Charlie Casserly! The man that brought us Todd Bowles & Macc! Let's take the suggestions of a man who Bill Belichick our nemesis thinks is a blowhard. Thank you Chris Johnson for blowing this sh*t up. 

Thanks for posting. I'll be keeping an eye on Winovich and of course Josh Allen. Love to see what these guys turn into.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

So seeing as I have NFL game pass I decided to watch a bit of our competition & tuned into Pats vs Titans. I wanted to see for myself if the talk in New England about this 3rd rounder they drafted being a steal was true.

Let me just say this, the telecast had Titans announcers, the 4th time I saw #50 pressuring the QB, the announcers proclaimed, somebody better start blocking #50. 

I don't need to tell you who wears #50 for the Pats. Another huge gaffe brought to you by the departed Mike McCaggnan except we'll get to see this mistake two times a year in the AFC East. Polite looks like a SLUG compared to Winovich. Very disappointing & another example that fans posting at Jetsnation drafted better than our own GM. F*ck you Charlie Casserly! The man that brought us Todd Bowles & Macc! Let's take the suggestions of a man who Bill Belichick our nemesis thinks is a blowhard. Thank you Chris Johnson for blowing this sh*t up. 

I completely agree. Chase Winovich looks to be a pro bowler for many years to come. Mac selected Polite because that's what he does,,,, and I've posted this many times, the thought of getting a player that could contribute to winning games in their rookie season never even crossed Mac's tiny little brain. He NEVER thought, "you know based on our off-season moves, we MUST get a player that's going to step right in the field and starting playing well". Unless, the very top of the draft board fell in his lap, Adams, Darnold, he was USELESS. Darron Lee is a prime example. When he stepped on the field his rookie season he sucked so bad he was nothing short of a liability for the defense. Same with Jordan Jenkins. I'm not as concerned about it because Jenkins was a 3rd rounder and he has become a nice player through time. In the 3rd round, you almost expect the said player to take a while to develop. But a 1st rounder should be a player that's going to play well for you from day ONE. And as I said, unless Mac had a no brainer falling to him (Adams, Darnold, and Quinnen Williams looks like he's going to be a contributor from day one) he was HORRIBLE at picking diamonds in the rough.

Honestly, we should have known Mac sucked from day ONE? He drinks DUNKIN DONUTS coffee. Dunkin Donuts coffee SUCKS. There's way better coffee out there. This should have told us from day one he didn't know what he was doing.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

Not every rookie flashes right away.  This year alone for the jets, Q looks good already and so does edoga.  How ironic is it that mccagnan got canned in part for not addressing the OL and in his final draft he picked a guy in the 3rd round who already looks like he can start at RT and maybe be the LT next season?  

You also have wesco, who caught a td pass that was called back, and dortch, a UDFA who looks like the new punt returner and possible gadget guy.  Not bad so far for a class that didn’t have a 2nd round pick. 

While this doesn’t help the winovich/polite comparisons, esp. as a UM guy myself, i’d Trade it for having edoga pan out hands down.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

All the posters over the years who comment on the draft being a crap shoot etc is just pure horse shlt.  In business, a 1 -2 percent difference over time is huge. YES, there is some kharma, some luck etc BUT there is no doubt that Bellicek does a better job with his players than any GM we have had.  Year in year out we have so many top busts.  The difference may be small but examples of Gholsten/Mayo,  or drafting Kyle Wilson when Gronk is available.

Our management team clearly has been below average when it comes to player drafting and development. 

Fwiw, the year we took Kyle Wilson at #29, I remember reading we wanted the guy that the Pats drafted at #27 (Devin McCourty).  

If memory serves correct I believe winovich was touted as having a high floor? So pretty much he's as good as he's ever going to get. Polite dropped to the third round after being talked about as a first before his rotten combine. I guess they were banking on him having untapped potential? I really just think this is GM's in this league  have a huge complex that Tom Brady was chosen where he was. Some of these GM's are trying to prove that they're smart and need to find their own unicorn so they get cute with some of their pics.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

The GM who did this is gone, be cant hurt us anymore. Hopefully a young Darnold over an old Brady can make up for it 

Yet there are still people on here who defend CJ for not firing Macc/hiring JD at the beginning of the offseason.  Those same people criticize those of us who wanted that to happen.

And while I'm thrilled about the JD hiring, we have to take into consideration that our best chance to win a Superbowl is going to be during Darnold's first contract.  So wasting a year of good GM'ing could mean the difference between ending our SB drought or not.

10 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

If memory serves correct I believe winovich was touted as having a high floor? So pretty much he's as good as he's ever going to get. Polite dropped to the third round after being talked about as a first before his rotten combine. I guess they were banking on him having untapped potential? I really just think this is GM's in this league  have a huge complex that Tom Brady was chosen where he was. Some of these GM's are trying to prove that they're smart and need to find their own unicorn so they get cute with some of their pics.

Yea, they said that about Zack Thomas too who I wanted the Jets to draft & he ended up with our most hated rival at the time. Same thing with Winovich! PICK FOOTBALL PLAYERS, the minute you start to gauge potential your soon to be fired. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I completely agree. Chase Winovich looks to be a pro bowler for many years to come. Mac selected Polite because that's what he does,,,, and I've posted this many times, the thought of getting a player that could contribute to winning games in their rookie season never even crossed Mac's tiny little brain. He NEVER thought, "you know based on our off-season moves, we MUST get a player that's going to step right in the field and starting playing well". Unless, the very top of the draft board fell in his lap, Adams, Darnold, he was USELESS. Darron Lee is a prime example. When he stepped on the field his rookie season he sucked so bad he was nothing short of a liability for the defense. Same with Jordan Jenkins. I'm not as concerned about it because Jenkins was a 3rd rounder and he has become a nice player through time. In the 3rd round, you almost expect the said player to take a while to develop. But a 1st rounder should be a player that's going to play well for you from day ONE. And as I said, unless Mac had a no brainer falling to him (Adams, Darnold, and Quinnen Williams looks like he's going to be a contributor from day one) he was HORRIBLE at picking diamonds in the rough.

Honestly, we should have known Mac sucked from day ONE? He drinks DUNKIN DONUTS coffee. Dunkin Donuts coffee SUCKS. There's way better coffee out there. This should have told us from day one he didn't know what he was doing.

I agree Mac's drafts have been proven bad over time but to call Polite a bust and Winovich a Pro bowler for many years to come based on a few snaps in a preseason game, seems a little rash.  Btw I really like Dunkin coffee.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I'm going to disagree with you here. One, Jetster is a huge, filthy homer and his opinions are generally disgusting and sad. Two, there were a lot of really good, safe prospects drafted after Polite that will be fun to keep an eye on: Winovich, David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, David Long, etc. 

This draft was super deep and we all had mid round favorites. Kinda why Polite’s struggles are so frustrating.

But do we really need an excuse to invite the same people into another discourse where numbers are deemed irrelevant? We have one thread, let’s not encourage more.

*Winovich looked great and we missed out on CBs. It sucks but at least Edoga and Cashman are on the team.

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This draft was super deep and we all had mid round favorites. Kinda why Polite’s struggles are so frustrating.

But do we really need an excuse to invite the same people into another discourse where numbers are deemed irrelevant? We have one thread, let’s not encourage more.

*Winovich looked great and we missed out on CBs. It sucks but at least Edoga and Cashman are on the team.

Seems other Jet fans have joined the discussion, if you don't want to discuss Winovich in more detail AFTER he's gotten some reps & is STANDING OUT like his hair is on fire while Polite looks like he's running with a dump in his pants be my guest. The thread page turns very slowly here & I'm commenting on what I saw from him LAST NIGHT, not in Wisconsin. He stood out enough to get comments from the home team announcers, who as all of us has recently witnessed are more homerfied than your very own Jetster here. 

32 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I agree Mac's drafts have been proven bad over time but to call Polite a bust and Winovich a Pro bowler for many years to come based on a few snaps in a preseason game, seems a little rash.  Btw I really like Dunkin coffee.

Well, as of right now, this very moment, the difference is day and night. Trust me, if you haven't starter watching Winovich, you need to. It's going to piss you off to no end knowing that Mac could have selected him long before the patsies got their filthy hands on him. 

And I cannot imagine you liking Dunkin Donuts coffee? I think it's skunk piss.

50 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yea, they said that about Zack Thomas too who I wanted the Jets to draft & he ended up with our most hated rival at the time. Same thing with Winovich! PICK FOOTBALL PLAYERS, the minute you start to gauge potential your soon to be fired. 

I always felt that you draft high floor/motor/character guys early on that can still develop due to their drive. Take your shots on players with checkered pasts or great physical/combine numbers, later in the draft and try to develop them. Some of these GMs get way too cute. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Every true jets fan knows that Winovich would have sucked here no matter how good he is with the pats. The end.

He had Winovich here a couple years ago. He got shyt faced and drove backwards through a one way tunnel. Pats can have him. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He had Winovich here a couple years ago. He got shyt faced and drove backwards through a one way tunnel. Pats can have him. 

Oh, the white kid with long hair Mac picked from a Junior College or something? In the FIFTH ROUND?! LOL.

Yeah. Donahue was exactly the same as Winovich. 

C'mon, man....

God, Mac was such sh*t.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I'll go out on a limb and on record that says Winovich won't be the big contributor everyone is cementing him as.

One of my favorite clips going around today is everyone praising his motor after chasing down a RB 15 downfield.  No one mentions he was the one that got completely taken out of the play by the RT and allowed the huge running Lane to begin with.

I've been wrong before and I could be wrong here.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1