Andrew luck retires

NYallDay

6 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

You need to look up the abilities to think for yourself. My point is the Catholic Church and notre dame  were purposely  put in that area  and made to succeed.

It's' both to help the small  market and hide in it. Oregon would be Detroit without Nike.  Notice how Alabama is successful in a region with no pro  teams. Its' not an accident. 

Small market refers to the population, which leads to the dollars available in that market.  I have no idea what point you think youre making about the church, Nike, Alabama, what ever. 

36 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I respect Luck's decision to walk away from the NFL, but the timing is horrendous. He should have told the Colts of his wishes back in April in time for the draft, or he could have announced that this would be his last season. Instead he drops a bombshell and leaves the Colts season in ruins. Bad job Andrew.

I totally agree.  He finished last season healthy.  When did he hurt his ankle?  Jet skiing all offseason?

Something fishy going on here.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So apparently OJ Simpson drafted Andrew Luck in a fantasy football league 2 hours ago and started bitching about it on Twitter.

We're really in bizarro world these days.

The idea of OJ at a fantasy football draft pretty much fits the definition of bizarro world.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Small market refers to the population, which leads to the dollars available in that market.  I have no idea what point you think youre making about the church, Nike, Alabama, what ever. 

Strip clubs in Oregon may not be his thing, but I would bet he is a frequent visitor at several of the local meth labs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Hey I think this is just sad for everyone involved. I actually think Luck is being honest and he's tired of coming to work every day injured and just rehabbing. It's got to be frustrating having all that weight on your shoulders and your not 100% and he has been hurt pretty much for the last 4 years right? It's also got to suck for the fans as we went through it with Pennington although not as bad. Sadly I do think he will try to make some kind of come back in a few years....sadly.

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

F*cked up dude. 

I get your schtick but yeah kind of f*cked up. 

No schtick.

There's nothing wrong with him.What's effed up? He aint' dying. Just a overpaid jock  who ain't  throwing no more. No tragedy here.  This story has been bullsh*t since day one, some mystery  arm injury, where he couldn't  play for a year?  Such b_______t. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Hackenberg said:

No schtick.

There's nothing wrong with him.What's effed up? He aint' dying. Just a overpaid jock  who ain't  throwing no more. No tragedy here.  This story has been bullsh*t since day one, some mystery  arm injury, where he couldn't  play for a year?  Such b_______t. 

Wow.  Just wow.  

My only issue is with him being on the sideline and cavorting around when this happened.  Fans are an emotional lot and if the announcement was handled a bit better he would not be getting the stick over it.

He should have not showed up at the game today and held a presser 1st thing tommorrow am.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

IQ? You're the one who believes what media tells  you.

Actually I listened to Luck say it.  

You should have too.

Youre the only one who believes, if you do, I dont believe youre this lame or the shlt youre selling

22 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

No schtick.

I’m not sure what you think is BS?  He is retiring that’s not a media creation. He’s only 29, in his prime, and leaving 50 mill on the table. That’s unusual and certainly newsworthy. It may not be a tragedy compared to the real human suffering seen in many places but if you like football, then seeing an all time great have his career cut short is sad. I feel bad for him and his fans even though I know he’s young and rich and will likely have a great life going forward.  

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I strongly disagree.  I don’t think he owes that organization one damn thing.  

He’s walking out battered and injured, with aches and pains for life.  He had a stud offensive line at Stanford, he was barely touched, and he was not soft.  He had several plays in his college career where he laid out defenders, including one of our safeties.

The Colts fans boo’d him tonight.  

Ingrates.  

He has a degree in Architectural Design.  From Stanford, who are the losers?

The colts stood by him thru rehab....  I would never want to shake hands with u on business

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1