Free 6th rd pick for Pats

Rhg1084

I think it's fairly clear that Gase went to Douglas after week 1 and told Douglas that Gase needed a veteran wide receiver who knew the offence Gase wanted to implement.

It's not a great start for Douglas, but I'll cut him some slack on this one because I'm 99% sure that this was a trade driven by the head coach that Douglas simply executed.

And we shouldn't forget that, unlike previous marriages between head coaches and GMs here at the Jets, Gase forced out the GM and ensured that only those who applied for the role were prepared to respect Gase's authority over the roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

6th round picks are 95% of the time garbage and a non roster player. Who gives a sh*t? At least they're trying to get good in here. Mac would've tried to sell Bellamy as the answer.

With where the Jets are going to be drafting it’s essentially a late 5th rounder. That’s a valuable pick. Wasting that on Thomas was dumb. Obviously it’s Douglas’s job to get better but it’s not going to happen with moves like this. 

• Upvote 1