Who Do We Sign To Back Up Falk?

kelticwizard

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn't we have a guy in preseason who was halfway decent?  I think he had been on our PS or maybe tried out with us last season?  Possibly his first name was John ?

John Wolford?  Was with us in preseason last year, made the PS, then got cut when Davis Webb was signed.

Looked very good in that other league that lasted 10 minutes before folding.  Now on the Rams' PS, I think.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

John Wolford?  Was with us in preseason last year, made the PS, then got cut when Davis Webb was signed.

Looked very good in that other league that lasted 10 minutes before folding.  Now on the Rams' PS, I think.

That's the guy.  Didn't realize he went to the Rams.

5 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

If Siemen can't go next week, we need a backup.  What's Bryce Petty doing these days?

No one over the age of 28, preferably.

No ancient veterans.  Just sign another prospect, BAP at this point.

It's not like we're trying to save a playoff run here.

• Upvote 1

With Brees and Rape-Burger going out I assume there is going to be some competition... 

but seriously the most obvious is signing Webb off Bills PS... 

But another direction is:

Brett Rypien, Clayton Thorston, Lauletta, Wolford, Cardale Jones... All players on PS of other teams that the Jets could sign to the active roster.... because I am sure Siemian is going on IR.

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

David Fales, who was with Gase in Miami for 2 years, is probably arriving on a Jet plane as we speak.

No point in trading for a guy who will take months to adjust to the scheme. Roll with Falk, and sign a Fales as his backup.

Fales, Falk and Ficken --- LET'S GO!!!

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

i don't care who they get as long as falk is allowed to start.

If I gave you 10,000 to 1 odds on a $5,000 bet that said you would type that after week two, you would have passed. LOL, crazy though. The season changes so damn fast. Let's go Falk.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I was thinking about Bryce Petty who was with Miami part of last year. Not sure what Gase thinks about him he obviously chose Falk over him. Petty is right now not with any team. They could take a player like Davis Webb who is on Buffalo's PS. 

I think I would let Bilal Powell play QB before Petty.

• Haha 2